Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Fucks same, I'm trying to buy a $30 3D printed case for an analogue to HDMI converter from the US, but the company that makes them stopped shipping to the UK as HMRC haven't processed their application for a VAT ID and won't respond to queries about it either. Anyone know a decent UK company that'll do a smallish 3D print job without charging a ridiculous amount please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Hopefully. I've asked her to send me the details of the payment and if it doesn't come through overnight, I'll go up the bank personally and see if they can find it.
I doubt very much that there is more than one Dr Jaeluni GG* Asjil or Dr J Asjil or J G Asjil at my local branch with my exact sort and account nos!

*GG god's gift :D

The sender can ask their bank to trace the payment, I would advise requesting that asap just in case. Should be a free service

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Americans already did it lol I have no idea if this is real?

This looks like it could be a deleted scene from Anchorman tbh

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Kieth is a massive piece of poo poo.

that's "sir kieth" to us plebs, remember

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
So if the budget does indeed include a windfall tax, would this place the richest man in Westminster firmly to the left of the Labour leader?

:ughh:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Camrath posted:

I love the idea, but I’m not sure fudge would be firm enough to hold its shape outside the mould for something as small as a .303

Now a .50BMG, maybe..

Incidentally I’m currently pricing out moulds- if I were to offer solid fudge Easter Eggs, would people be interested?

It depends, do you do a bundle with some insulin shots

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Will there be no end to sectarian violence against fish people?

Hmm, been playing The Sinking City this week and this sounds familiar

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

peanut- posted:

We are through the clapping looking glass. Politics in Britain is now a war of themed claps.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1367845628324249604?s=20

The fuzz will be out with metronomes to determine whether clapping is at an acceptable speed to count as legitimate patriotic activity, otherwise it'll be cuffs time

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
That tweet someone posted earlier about Starker doing a Stalin is not entirely off the mark

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1368249069727006720

World's Most Divorced Man apparently believes his own bullshit. It's not cheap to run for Mayor of London and I seriously doubt the culture war dark money that's been feeding him so far will back him in this because the very best-case scenario is that he hives off the voters too racist to vote for Shaun Bailey, the amount of votes he'd take from Khan is basically zero.

The most silenced rich, straight conservative cis white man in England finally speaks out. thank the gods

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, & I was pretty proud not to be a Labour member back then. Hell, I'd never voted for Labour before Corbyn was leader.

Same. I did vote Lib Dem from 2005-2010, never again :smith:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jippa posted:

Saturday night in the ukmt.

Couple of small tweaks for authenticity

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's ok to vent, provided it's with people you're willing to be wrong in front of.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Tbh I'm mainly here for the monster munch chat

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jakabite posted:

It could also be a total car crash though :downs:

yeah that's what the mail said :v:

Darth Walrus posted:

lol, holy poo poo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

It is increasingly difficult to have a fun environment when there simply isn't anything to be happy about. There is no worthwhile political advocacy, there is no improvement, there is only everything getting worse all of the time.

Don't worry, I have just the thing to cheer you up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QhAZckY8w

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

e: Okay what the gently caress, somebody really needs to take a look at their loving life. gently caress this place.

Look I only posted it ironically, you didn't have to watch the whole thing

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I've had avatars disabled for months and don't miss them tbh

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I strongly recommend Enter the Gungeon for anyone looking to escape into videogames for a whie. The game has loads of cool secrets and is very funny.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

feedmegin posted:

down with the swirl

I have not heard this phrase before :confused:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"grok!" sounds like something a thug would exclaim as Judge Dredd pops his head open with a homing round

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Dredd has 'Drokk' and 'Grudd', which as I recall are official Justice Department swearwords to allow Judges to express themselves without offending the citizens.

Ah, that's where Ive got it from, cheers

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
wonder what glinner's up to

https://twitter.com/ryanjohnbutcher/status/1369314488051204116

:owned:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The BBC is painfully centrist which means it's been getting more right wing over the last decade imo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/11/royal-family-very-much-not-racist-prince-william

"Are you racist?"
"No"

*dashes into zoom meeting* HOLD THE FRONT PAGE, BREAKING MEGA SCOOP

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

There are currently 5 IOPC investigations going on into the Sarah Everard case.

1 about how the Met responded to the initial report of her going missing.
1 about how they arrested the officer.
1 for how he got injured in custody.
1 about how she went missing in the first place (This is starting to sound like he might have been in uniform/in a marked car)

And finally one about how they swept an indecent exposure allegation against the murderer on the 28th of Feb under the rug.

Absolutely institutional failure.

Hmm. The way you put this, it sounds like you're saying that we can't completely trust the police? Let me just check if I have a shockedpikachu.jpg handy...

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

It's continually amazing that starmer literally has no solution to any problem other than "more cops?"

Starmer policy is basically this but with police replacing toilets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2b-wTJ8x3E&t=63s

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Nothing that can't be solved with...

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

TheRat posted:

'Lessons must be learned' is what you say to deflect from the lack of actual consequences.

E: Speaking of Sir MI5:

https://twitter.com/BeckettUnite/status/1370864056035332096

Wtf how the hell do you make traveling illegal :ughh:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Salisbury Snape posted:

Pretty sure in 33 years I've had no urge to kidnap or rape a women (or man) before or after 6pm

Good streak! Shame about whatever happened in 1987

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

So should we all just do ourselves in? If not why post this poo poo?

I see a lot of this type of posting but is it for anything other than trying to pass your misery on to others like trying to get rid of a curse?

It's a legitimate fear given the catastrophic effects of climate change and the rise of fascism across the supposedly free world. Ignoring it or telling people to gently caress off isn't helpful - I mean if someone is relentlessly doomposting all the time it may be better to suggest seeking help unless they are clearly trolling.

Bad faith posters are usually fairly easy to spot after a short while tbh

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

There once was a dream that was England. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile. Plus you'd get put in jail, these days

I would unironically love it if every period drama ended the same way as Monty Python & The Holy Grail. They should make it a law like the old one from the 60's where the baddies weren't allowed to get away with it, resulting in Michael Caine being shot dead or stuck in a van on the edge of a cliff

i.e. if you didn't show everyone involved in an English period drama getting arrested and thrown in jail, then everyone involved would get arrested and thrown in jail

Convex fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 15, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Niric posted:

This doesn't really work when the people doing the arresting are the baddies

Yes but you'd finish it with the jail and police station exploding like the end of the 'how not to be seen' sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGv8oAHxekU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

Laurence Fox has found the ultimate way to destroy antifa - MORE STATUES

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1371428500637417474

Between this idiot, Jeffrey Archer, Ken Livingstone, George Galloway, Boris Johnson, Paul Golding, Zac Goldsmith, Shaun Bailey and I'm sure dozens of others I've blanked out, London really has outdone itself in the 'massive wankers running for mayor' stakes. I think Kilroy was going to run at one point as well?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

jacksbrat posted:

When you've successfully infiltrated and caused all the activist groups to fold you've got to find women to deceive into relationships and/or assault somewhere.

wouldn't want those legal rape privileges to go to waste!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Answers Me posted:

I like the way all these reports decline to say whether he’s left hospital dead or alive

There's a picture but tbh it's still hard to tell

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I am very bad at photoshop

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Radical leftist gender-neutral WAP eggs

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

This just reminded me that someone allowed Toby Young to attempt to set up a school.

Oh yeah I remember that, disgusting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX56xKAwM88

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/19/priti-patel-wanted-police-stop-people-gathering-sarah-everard-vigil

quote:

On Friday as the police and the vigil’s organisers were heading to court over the legality of such an event, a message was sent to all police chiefs making Patel’s position clear. She wanted them to stop people gathering at vigils. She also promised she would personally urge people not to gather – but she never did.

Though the police are operationally independent, the home secretary had made her views clear, which made her criticisms of the way officers broke up the Clapham event particularly galling, according to some police chiefs who spoke to the Guardian.

As a result, some chiefs feel policing was “hung out to dry” when Patel criticised pictures of officers manhandling women at the vigil, rebuked the Met commissioner and ordered an inquiry.

One chief constable said the message from Patel and the government before the vigil had been clear, that a ban on gatherings had to be enforced.

Tensions are now running high between police and ministers. A government source hit back at any complaints from within policing, saying that “pinning women to the floor and dragging them away from Clapham Common bandstand was an independent operational decision” made by the police themselves.

cool country. i am happy to live here