Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I love that kind of idiot poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I could not imagine being such a joyless prick. Being that hateful can't be good for your heart.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Critical posted:

I mean if the dude didn't want a confrontation he shouldn't have slapped Santino at their shared workplace and then bragged about it in numerous shoots like Santino was the rear end in a top hat.

Yeah I'm gonna second the motion. Talk poo poo, get hit.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think someone should actually whip Jim Cornette's rear end so he actually learns a lesson in his life.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Do you think Cornette would like Asuka better or worse if you showed him her early career when she was legitimately knocking people out

He would think the Nazi costumes were great heat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

While it's fun to break down how Cornette is an idiot hypocrite that's kind of the root of it, nothing he says is in good faith. Its all carny garbage to get what he perceives as heat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cornette got worked into a shoot by a cartoon dying. Holy poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yep I only needed to hear half that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Omega Man is a sweet movie.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I only have to see Scott Hall or Macho put the boots to someone trying to invade the ring once to know that's a stupid idea from more than a legal angle.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Also kinda weird to pay money to people you hate to look stupid on national TV and get tossed on your rear end.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If that guy wanted to impress anyone he would have hit the ring while Hager and Wardlow were in it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gary Hart would have just sliced them up with a straight razor.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm sure AEW also offends Cornette and his ilk because women, LGBT talent, non-binary wrestlers, etc. are treated with respect and not some freak sideshow or heel to get cheap heat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Write for-ev-er *clap clap clapclapclap*

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Marvel movie being the norm would be less worrying if it wasn't also being followed by Disney trying to buy up every Movie studio and the rest of the big budget movies if they aren't chasing Marvel are just endless sequels/remakes

We're watching Disney do its version of Vince killing the territories.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

Clearly virulent racism, misogyny, homophobia, and trans hate aren't deal breakers for Dave

I think that's a fair criticism, but I also have to imagine at Dave's age and connected to a business where people drop dead too early it's kind of heartbreaking to think someone you called a friend could go to their grave hating you over nothing. The whole idea bums me out.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The South Park art never stops being funny in that sad way.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wouldn't the fans knowing the first match is the time to get popcorn or whatever imply they're aware this poo poo is scripted and wouldn't get a surprise awesome match? But, Jim, I thought the fans in your day were marks that thought it was all real?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Zombie Lemur posted:

Cole IS one of the boys, that was the entire point of how things were set up.

And a manager in the ring being a DQ when they don't really do anything is stupid too. Christ, I remember managers jumping in, getting smacked and the match continuing happening in the 90's. Since Jim likes to talk about realism or whatever, wouldn't the rules being enforced that way just cause heels to have people interfere in front of the ref in every match to retain their titles?

It was more egregious that the ref didn't eject Don for helping set up a table imo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

To be honest, I really wish Cornette would turn a corner just to be a happier person. Being this way even as a constant act can't be good for anyone.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Holy gently caress.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Start dressing like Orange Cassidy with literally no explanation.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

To be fair, I can't remember James Rolfe ever saying anything homophobic, racist, or transphobic and seems like a good father/OK dude with just a crude sense of humor unless there's something I don't know. I haven't watched his stuff in a while.

Nah you pretty much nailed it.

Cornette is like if the Angry Video Game nerd smooth brained himself into actually hating video games and became the character.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Puppy Doll posted:

...I just realized I forgot to change the sickos dialogue.

:five: stars

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Obviously Jim has never watched a slapFIGHT event

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Pretending to be a wrestler."

Jim, I got some fuckin' heartbreaking news about everyone in the wrestling business.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

if you get high as hell the diatribe slowly morphs into really racist sheep bleating.

I am and it kinda did.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pretty hosed that Jim implies people into the Joshi scene are some kind of pedo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Well which is it?

Are the stands gonna be empty or are they already empty? Ya dumbfuck.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Busted Open radio was one of the worst wrestling shows I'd ever heard in my life. The two original hosts were just loud dumbasses that liked to yell at and shout down callers. Then they added Bubba Ray and Tommy Dreamer as rotating hosts and it was like some kind of punishment you'd get subjected to in hell.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I didn't read the article but when I saw Bubba Ray involved I instantly assumed he wanted Mox to apologize for going to rehab and cheating the fans out of something. Because he's a loving moron.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jim has to know that's an insanely weak dis... right? Jesus.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

kenny omega moves spryly and does finger guns and he just found the most homophobic way to convey that because his only real problem with kenny omega is he's not performatively traditionally masculine enough and jim cornette is a soft insecure mommas boy

You nailed what really bugs me about Jim's bullshit. He's as far from some kind of manly man as you can get and he's trying to gatekeep what being masculine is like any of that matters in this day and age.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

He used to co-host with Alice Radley, who left when he started being even more openly racist.

That's seriously the last time I ever listened to his show. Her discomfort was practically oozing out of the speakers and Jim thought it was a hoot to be an even bigger piece of poo poo and upset her more.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Well sure, because they wouldn't draw or work the marks as good as HE did back in his day.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

his omnibus' things are just a collection of every time he's talked about a thing and since he talked about AEW twice weekly for almost 3 years it's gonna be pretty long

the worst part is that someone went through and edited it and that people will listen to it. Also the first bit is him predicting Cody would book himself like Jeff Jarrett and kill the promotion and there were people in the comments talking about how prophetic that was??? Then I stopped listening but lol.

I'm a bit surprised Cornette would talk about Jarrett that way since he loves all those wack rear end Memphis hacks but then again Double J is buds with Russo. I'm sure he's conflicted at times.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh yeah, Mr "Fans tried to stab me in the parking lot" or whatever horse poo poo he says.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's fun that Cornette busts out the most bad faith trash statement and a bunch of guys who have never been near a real fight come out to talk about how some other guy should handle getting assaulted at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yo, imagine getting that worked up over a decrepit, carny racist.