Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Duke Pukem posted:

Cornette is basically a professional troll, but man, his followers are scary repugnant
Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

collocation posted:

Agreed. Though, if you compared the microcosm of wrestling fandom to the macrocosm of THE WHOLE WORLD, he may have been equally damaging to his little world. Maybe. And I'm not sure if his remaining superfans wouldn't have just been brutal in another way if he wasn't around.
Yeah this is what I was going for

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dawgstar posted:

He was also named TL Hopper but I try not to hold that against Tony Anthony.
He also managed The Godwinns for a short period as "Uncle Cletus"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
rEsPeCt Ur ElDeRs

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
you listened to all of that sober?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Took me a while to find the Sunny DVD too

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lance Storm is a good man

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
People talk about The Simpsons wearing out its welcome ages ago but South Park needs to go first

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

That's actually called "selling." It "puts over" (industry term) how dangerous or bad rear end a move is. It's how you combine "doing cool moves" with "acting like a bad rear end."
not enough quotation marks to really hammer home the point

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MJeff posted:

So was this dude actually arrested?
If he was arrested he was only detained for a short time because he spent the following day tweeting and retweeting how not-owned he is

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 10, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol he is so pathetic

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine being so big of a sociopath that you make people have sympathy for Vince Russo

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 12, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm sure AEW also offends Cornette and his ilk because women, LGBT talent, non-binary wrestlers, etc. are treated with respect and not some freak sideshow or heel to get cheap heat.
I feel like a (thankfully) small amount of wrestling fans dislike AEW for those reasons alone. It's sickening.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

keithy george posted:

The main thing I think of that truly “exposed the business” would be WCW where they would talk about going off script, or they’d have a wrestler punch someone, then reveal they were allied and I guess the punch was a worked punch because it’s wrestling!
Thanks for reminding me how truly awful the Russo Era of WCW was, especially with the heavy use of insider terms on television, which was dumb considering a large segment of the audience didn't follow backstage news on the Internet.

Like, this is somewhat comparing apples to oranges since they were completely different eras of WCW, but when Pillman said "I respect you, booker" long before I discovered the dirtsheets, I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i hope cornette eats a tide pod

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Seams posted:

Here's what Dave had to say about Cornette and the fan who jumped the barricade in last week's newsletter.
Not only is he right, but this is also probably the most coherent paragraph I have read from Meltzer about anything

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Cornette plugging BetterHelp is peak :ironicat:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
GRRRRRR I HATE AEW *watches anyway*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol she limited who can comment on this tweet

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

hold on, going to fire up ms paint and draw a picture of a dime
lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't even imagine Hogan in AEW. He would be so out of place

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Iamgoofball posted:

i prefer football(real football btw)
NFL fans are always welcome here :D

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Meltzer is very exhausting to listen to and his writing reflects it too lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
JYD literally told Cornette that on live television lol. Can't remember if it was a PPV or Clash of Champions though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah whenever Corny says something stupid or outrageous I just think about the time both of his knees exploded lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Count Chocula art is...uh