Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I guess Matt Morgan worked with Drake Wuertz on his weirdass Qanon poo poo, so he's passed the valley of the bad takes and moved on to bad decisions.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dzx88/wwe-referee-wrestler-turned-mayor-fundraise-for-qanon-adjacent-charity

(Thanks for the article, Bix)

Has a wrestler in the US ever been in office and not been brutal?

Jesse Ventura was pretty bad and got worse after he was out of office with his conspiracy poo poo, but he seems like the shiniest turd among them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Not sure about feeding Cornette

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Vince MechMahon posted:

On one hand, that's a fair point. On the other, Cornette called her some heinous sex negative poo poo so gently caress him, he lives in a glass house so he shouldn't have started throwing fuckin stones. Maybe if you're into watching your wife get banged by other dudes you shouldn't call women you don't like sluts.

I actually thought better of that and edited because she's saying what does he think about his wife given, and that makes more sense. I don't totally dig it, but it's more of a point than just making GBS threads on his sex life.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

cornette sucks but he is not responsible for even 0.1% as much harm as rush loving limbaugh and at the very least claims to support policies that would be objectively good

Agreed. Though, if you compared the microcosm of wrestling fandom to the macrocosm of THE WHOLE WORLD, he may have been equally damaging to his little world. Maybe. And I'm not sure if his remaining superfans wouldn't have just been brutal in another way if he wasn't around.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

For the sake of full transparency regarding mistakes made, I have to cop to the fact that I have listened to him in the past.

I never had any interest in anything that he had to say about anything in wrestling past the 90's, but like a broken clock, he actually tended to be right about domestic political issues more often than not years ago, and I sometimes enjoyed it when he verbally trashed notable republicans in the past. I was never an all the time listener, but I used to enjoy it when friends would send me his better stories about the past and those rants about politics. A combination of realizing that his political thing was a schtick when he compared people who like comedy wrestling to people who voted for the 45th President and what I later found out that he said about Muslims caused me to nope the gently caress out. The last time someone suggested something of his and I made the mistake of listening for a few minutes, it was apparent that he had stepped up his casual homophobia from occasional to frequent, and it just seemed like sad vitriol for clicks.

Maybe what he does now pays more. I don't know. However, he would probably have a job within the industry if he could shut the gently caress up, stop posting, and act like a normal human being. Whether it would pay less or not, it would be far more respectable to do something that wasn't tainted with negativity and bigotry.

As of late, I have sometimes posted about him to use him as an example of what is wrong in the industry and to poo poo on him and his "cult". I think that I am going to stop that and I don't think that I'm going to talk about anything that he does in the future. He doesn't deserve to be amplified, and other than "gently caress that guy", I don't think there is going to be much worth saying about him going forward.

gently caress that guy.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

His co host commends the 3 of them for standing up for the plight of women and terms like slut etc shouldn't be used. But swerves it to say they should be calling out Jerciho for being a trump supporter, Don Kalis's issue/Asper investigation into Kalis, Joey Ryan?

Do you have a patron? I would not send a great deal, but I feel that you deserve some sort of reward for dealing with all of that, even if only nominal. A friend of mine listened to it, but their take was far more scanty.

Said friend (or perhaps, in this case, "friend") repeatedly asked me to listen to the part above (at 36:40) and, while I have sworn off the ruler of the hole, I did since it was just Last and thus something that I could guiltily rules lawyer my way into doing. The bit on Callis was troubling as Last seemed to imply either Callis did something wrong with the investigation and/or was a part of what was investigated. He also used an incredibly cheesy pun to tell everyone who the alleged person who may have been wronged was, which I think has only been rumored previously, and should be their story to reveal, not some shock jock podcast rear end in a top hat. (Though, I wonder if their release involved an NDA)

I don't know if he heard the same poo poo that everyone heard earlier and just developed the theme, or if he thinks that he has some kind of extra inside information. If the source wasn't so tainted by association, what he said would probably belong in the #SO thread. From what I've heard, Last is possibly slightly less tainted than his podcast partner, since I don't believe he is the one who tends to imply things about Omega with no backing merely for shock. If he's lying or making things up, it was probably the most vile part of the podcast, which is impressive given how vile all the rest of it sounds when reviewed. My friend felt that Last could be sued for libel. I'm not even a good rules lawyer, so I don't know, but my take was that he kept it vague enough that it would be hard to prove that he was maliciously and knowingly lying.

However, it was really lovely.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

davidbix posted:

I have to be really, really careful

Thanks, Bix. I appreciate that you said anything. This had only bubbled up to me when the referee spoke, and I didn't know all of the available details. I didn't know that you had found out about how the investigator had a prior relation. It all sounds very unfortunate.

---

Also, the third link was the same as the second, but I think that you may have meant to post this article that I found searching for the referee's name or something with similar info:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/kris-levin-questions-legitimacy-of-recent-impact-wrestling-671970/

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Is that a confederate flag bong?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

coconono posted:

2. Omega decided not to do an ROH date and instead took a last minute booking in Japan when Jim was handling talent for ROH. Which, if you dig into Cornette's management style(mostly cursing and violent threats), you can see why Kenny's like nah gently caress that, I'd rather wrestle some matshow in Shinjuku Face's lobby.

This is slightly different.

Kenny told ROH that he was injured. He then sent a super obvious joke picture of a mangled leg to Delirious to be funny, per Kenny. Per Cornette, he was trying to pass off an obvious fake leg pic as an excuse. He then went to a Japanese show at which he was given an award. He didn't wrestle. Cornette decided this meant that he was faking.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Lid posted:

AEW draws more than Cornette's booking stints in NWA*, RoH, OVW or SMW in his entire runs

*did he have the book in the 80s in Jim Crockett before the downswing? Maybe the one exception.

Nope. He never had it. Was on a committee during the downswing iirc.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I liked it because it was both uplifting and showed a level of pathos that he hasn't shown in years. I liked the original pre-WWE Moxley character because he was a guy around my age who was messed up. Him fixing himself (in one regard) while still having one hell of an edge is the natural progression.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

keithy george posted:

Not to be pendantic but Indeed was long after Russo was gone, the Indeed voice was Bruce Pritchard… who now books a magical schoolgirl.

To be doubly pedantic, I believe it was a knock off of what Russo did with La Parka in late WCW. Though, the La Parka thing actually sort of had a point/story, in that the voice would write checks he would have preferred to avoid cashing resulting in La Parka, at least once, throwing the mic down, and pointing at in a horrified manner while the voice continued to talk poo poo to someone way tougher.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Like I'm happy his coworkers took a picture with him and I support anyone over Cornette, but I'm not sure what Dinsmore is proving here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don’t watch any mainstream wrestling from before like 2015 because oh boy you aren’t gonna like what you see

No comment. Only watchin 2022.