Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Sydnee is on tiktok and it is very good

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1378183177177595907?s=20
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1378396731625385990?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ok Comboomer posted:

Like, I will always love John Hodgman but also this is very much the tweet of a man in his late 40s with an MFA from Yale Drama School whose greatest contribution to the cultural and artistic landscape, by far, is appearing in a series of memorable Apple commercials, and who spends each of his summers living in Maine for about 10 weeks

https://twitter.com/RhiannonOlivaw/status/1386790984185520128

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Charlie made the best dungeon The Adventure Zone has ever had

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Can't believe Clint hasn't been licking the podcast toad

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
John Roberts Roderick played the theme song at a live MBMBAM (at least) once and it was astonishing terrible, just absolute garbage

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 19, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Sankis posted:

I mean the kid thing, sure, but isn't the TAZ thing using an existing system

Griffin had a whole stream about how he made a whole system about ship combat and management

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I do appreciate Travis's continued attempts to make TAZ unlistenable even after he isn't the GM anymore

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
This was a very good episode, the brothers feeding off each other on one extended topic are always the best segments

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
You mean the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Never heard of Fanti, but it's sounds like a great show to listen to if you're in Debate Club or if there's any two given leftists about to put their differences aside and you gotta come up with one Debbie Downer of a derail.

What did they do?

Betterhelp has bad therapists, problems with actually getting to someone reliabily, and online therapists generally aren't covered by insurance

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 15, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Every podcast ad (except the Beef and Dairy Network ones) are just absolute garbage, even for otherwise good podcasts.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Acute Grill posted:

Bim Bam's pretty dire right now. Griffin tried to do Quora once and then switched to reading entire WikiHow articles beginning to end and getting audibly annoyed whenever someone interrupts to tell jokes. Munch Squad is occasionally replaced by Richard Stink, where Justin talks about perfume with an unidentifiable accent and like most men's fragrances it's way too much, completely unpleasant, and lingers far too long.

The Adventure Zone is genuinely the best its been since Balance though.

Some of the WikiHow article segments are pretty great but Munch Squad has always been and continues to be 99% poo poo and I hate that that's the one segment that stuck, I'd take Riddle Me Piss, Work of Fart, or even more Guestsperts instead of that

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Munch Squad is basically just fast food themed Sad Libs

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Bip Roberts posted:

Are there ads for mbmbam on the other maxfun podcasts?

I remember hearing some TAZ ones that were extremely bad

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

I sure do believe it was for no reason and not to whine some more about the poor oppressed snake oil salesman just trying to lie about his fake medicine, do you guys have a channel somewhere

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

QuoProQuid posted:

i don’t live in the Huntington area and know little about WV politics but im not sure why anyone should be mad about the move if Syndee has a better platform that the current officeholder

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I believe someone on Twitter got mad that she might take a seat away from one of the "reasonable" Republicans and radicalize the rest. Which is just...insane levels of not getting politics. Local government conservatives are just straight up fascists.

Did a bit of googling and looks like the dude who is currently holding that position is Ed Evans (a Democrat), who is now moving to a different district, so no reason to be mad on either front

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

goblin week posted:

Lmao the recent sawbones. Sydnee no joke thinks Cuba uses energy based attacks to torment low ranking american officials.

I skipped it because I listened to it the first time and it felt like they came down on the "this might be something but there's not really any solid evidence that its more than just a psychosomatic thing", did she really go all in on it being real in the new one?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
How is his forehead so perfectly smooth, it's like an egg

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

more falafel please posted:

How is it ten, though?

IMDB also says episode 1 is 10 minutes long so 10 episodes would still only be 100 minutes

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oDJ2B9brT8

MaxFunDrive 2022: Fast and Furious and Justin and Sydnee and Hobbs and Shaw is now happening live, just started 5 minutes ago

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Found the transmedia experience

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519495072802390016?s=20&t=tIBWQt6zqoikkYb_7CxdLQ

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Travis was charging up his own separate spirit bomb, Clint couldn't figure out how

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
If they're hellbent on using D&D just run a pre-written campaign and play characters that are fun instead of deliberate assholes, it'd turn out a lot better

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Shinjobi posted:

I am now going to find spooky looking dolls to sell on ebay in the hopes that the mcelroys will inflate their price for me

I was actually thinking during the latest episode that surely someone on ebay is writing doll descriptions aimed at them

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Just Chamber posted:

Ah I think they've made a mistake, that's clearly Travis

I also thought it was Travis and was confused when he started talking.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Live shows have gotten a lot better now that they pre-screen questions

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Naming of 2023 episode is out and is an hour and 25 minutes long, really wish they'd stop doing this bit because it's always tremendously unfunny

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Really wish Munch Squad was a sometimes food, it'd make it a lot better if Justin didn't feel obligated to have it basically every week and waited until there was something wild (i haven't listened to this week's episode yet)

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 7, 2023

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Ariong posted:

:ssh: He doesn't do it because he feels obligated he does it because reading press releases and hoping the others can think of jokes to tell about them is easy.

ok but it isn't funny most of the time, every single one of travis's bits (except sad libs) is funnier than the average munch squad at this point

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 7, 2023

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah but sometimes earned clout counts for something, you know

Justin's out here swinging at every pitch, he'd do a lot better waiting for something he can actually land a hit on

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The, at this point THIRD hand embarrassment and terror during the Max Fun bonus is still difficult for me to listen to

Edit: I made it to halfway through, the farthest I've gotten yet, before it got to be too much

Piell fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 2, 2023

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

RandomPauI posted:

I wouldn't mind if Issac the Tiny Chocolateer took down Count Donut. The Counts time has come and gone

Finally, the true baked goods vampire can rise: Donut Dracula

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

kdrudy posted:

Also, I'm beyond sick of them just warbling into mic at the end of main show episodes.

And somehow this was chosen because they thought people would be more likely to stick around to the end to listen to it

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Warbird posted:

Haven't they done dracula stuff before or am I getting Rude Tales mixed up with this? I know we've done bigfoot and I want to say a Frankenstein.

edit: wait hold on, 5e and dracula? we doin strahd?

It was a previous Adventure Zone live show. Also I really hope they aren't doing Curse of Strahd, I think it's a bad adventure in the first place and the tone is all wrong for them.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Time for the worst episode of every year and the only one I will skip

also that they think "twenty" is pronounced "twunny" (which I assume they will continue to do) is somehow the most annoying part of the naming episodes to me

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 1, 2024

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Sankis posted:

what kind of sociopath says the second T in twenty

I don't mind if you don't say the second T and pronounce it like "penny" (this is how I usually say it) but in 2020 they claimed that "venti" and "plenty" did not rhyme with twenty but that "funny" and "honey" did and that's just insane

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Fungalore is live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwfkvpmVUA

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Laterite posted:

Griffin (McElroy), Griffin (Newman), and Eliot (Kalen) are all homonculi derived from the same vat of DNA slurry

Travis is definitely the McElroy that came out of the same vat as the latter two, not Griffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The worst one was some sort of gameshow podcast where the hosts sounded more bored than any person I've ever heard