Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dkj posted:

Anyone planning any dynasty start-ups?

No, but if I can find any better best ball setup than Fantrax, I'm dumping that place in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Oh hell yeah. 😁

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sleeper rules and now that they have auction there's no reason not to use it. Give them all your money.

The only reason not to is so that people in other leagues not Sleeper related get the breaking alerts, but admittedly, that's a selfish reason. But it did help me out a couple of years ago when no one else had it installed and I did and picked up some FAs about 20 minutes earlier than anyone else.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok which one of you is drafting Tim Tebow with your last pick for the lulz?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

Honestly if he's on an NFL roster week 1 it wouldn't surprise me if a team ran gimmick plays to try to get him a TD. If you're in a bad position streaming TEs he might be worth a stupid gamble for a stupid position.

I mean if he's on Urban's team, this is highly likely.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One thing I didn't realize until the new schedules are out is that week 14 now has four teams on bye. So keeping the old week 14-16 playoffs would put those teams with those players at a huge disadvantage in the first week of the playoffs.

It's a new world.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zauper posted:

The season is an extra week long, so it runs 18 weeks with 17 games and a bye.

So... Start your three week playoffs a week later and it's exactly the same and you still aren't playing in the last week

Right, that's what will happen probably. But that does affect schedules for leagues with large numbers of teams that try to use NFL rules for playoffs, 14 team leagues that played each opponent once, etc. Definitely an adjustment period.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What are the current platforms that support a customized best ball league? Fantrax and Sleeper are the only two I know, and Sleeper doesn't allow an odd amount of players.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thanks for the suggestion, but unless they've revamped their interface lately, I'd have to pass. The last time I used it, it was not intuitive at all. Even for a league that only drafts and does nothing else....

I did some more research and Yahoo has best ball too, but it doesn't seem to allow custom personal leagues, at least from what I can tell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/LeeOSanderlin/status/1405633271552253954

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Started our slow best ball draft today with .5/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE and six picks in, Kelce was third and Mahomes was fifth. No WRs yet but I'm sure they're coming.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Take Cam Akers off your boards.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1417490888310370312

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Awesome, thanks for sharing that. But...

Spoeank posted:

- EVERY EXPERT IS SCARED SHITLESS OF AUCTION DRAFTS

Why? Just the unpredictability of them all?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

That was all me baby. But I literally ran the Stafford trade by the Dynasty Trade Calculator guys lol

Well, did you win that trade or did I? ;)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

That's up to you.
We ran the 2022 as a late second... you win
We ran it as an early second... I win.

The choice is yours and yours alone

Good trades should feel like we both got equal value and we both won, so I'm going with that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
:doink:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Etienne out for the season.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1430231861150760968

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Give me all the Brandin Cooks I can handle. Feed me Brandin Cooks until I throw up. I don't care. He's like WR35 and I am a little piggy for him.

Would you say you let Brandin....Cooks?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

oh...oh kiimo, oh no

goodnight sweet prince

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Heres the top 75 according to 2020 production:

Yeah Tre'Quan is on my radar too because of exactly what you said. Someone there has to catch passes. My concern is that this is Tre'Quan's fourth year and he has had a ton of opportunity to take hold of the #2 role there and he consistently has not, so I'm wondering if a change in QB would change that? Like... maybe Brees just didnt look his way much because MT was always running slants?

As a Saints fan, I can just tell you that Trequan has the knack for catching record passes, but otherwise, he's been a disappointment. I've been trying to grab as many shares of Callaway as possible because he may end up as the #1 WR by next year if Thomas is traded. And if not he will make a hell of a number 2. Callaway has a good rapport with Jameis, at least in training camp and it showed in the preseason.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Any suggestions on a funny team name about being projected to be 11 out of 12?

Top 11 Fantasy Football Team
Guaranteed Not Dead Last
The Mississippi of Teams

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Had an auction on NFL.com last night and their average prices were laughable. 50 for CMC, 40 for Adams, etc. Used that to my advantage a couple of times as people were hesitant to bypass the value, but they caught on quickly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He sucked in the preseason.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MakaVillian posted:

Keeper, but I needed to drop someone to make room for a kicker anyway.

Dammit, I just picked up Latavius. Man, he must want a lot of money/term if the Ravens went with Devonta

I think he was making 3 million with the Saints when they cut him after refusing a pay cut.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sourdough posted:

Someone's going to run the ball though

Lamar.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Whoreson Welles posted:

You all can ignore this but I just need to salt/dramapost so I can sleep tonight. I’m on the left.

I’ve come in last in this keeper league two years in a row, and this will probably be year three. I don’t understand how anyone can be this bad at fantasy football. I do the Beersheets and Fantasypros and all the experts and weekly articles. I’ve done research, I’ve “gone with my gut”, I just can’t seem to form a reliable team. Every year it feels like my picks all bust and even playing the waivers isn’t enough to supplement my team. Am I just doomed? Bad? Unlucky?

I know it’s only Week 1 and means nothing but holy poo poo what an absolutely demoralizing start to the season.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. I’m not giving up on the season and maybe I’ll be back here in a few weeks gloating about my team but I just needed to vent.

Maybe you need to use the George Costanza opposite way of managing your team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The X-man cometh posted:

Does dropping Devin Singletary for Kenyan Drake make sense? They had the same number of points with Jacobs playing and Moss out. It feels like Drake has much more upside. (Im also carrying Cook, Darrell Henderson and Hunt.)

Definitely does now with Jacobs out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I really don't know what is the best carnival ride to compare the 49ers RB situation to, but it's starting to make me feel like I just ate a giant funnel cake before getting on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

saintonan posted:

Why are the Vikings so stupid? I have Cook and picked up Mattison before week 3, but the Vikings are going to gently caress around with their entire offense's ankle against the loving Lions so both Cook and Mattison are loving crapshoots.

Cook's out today so fire up Mattison.

Edit: Maybe I should refresh more often.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man I know fantasy is ebbs and flows but this is my toughest year ever so far. 3-2, 3-2, 3-1 (hopefully after tonight) and then five teams with one win or less. I would love to go on a run with that 0-5 team but it’s crazy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Gotta love when you win on the 2nd play of the game

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It is when your second round pick is Alvin Robinson!

There's your problem, he's been dead since 1989.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freezer posted:

Write me down on the AJ Brown disappointment bandwagon. Only starting him because my other options (Tyler Boyd, Rondale Moore, Jakobi Meyers) are equally unreliable.

My only hope here is that the Bills start crushing them so bad that they're forced into pass-every-down mode.

Honestly Jakobi Meyers hasn’t been too bad for me as a WR3.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Two straight years with CMC. As a Saints fan, it doesn’t help the Panthers. As a fantasy player, dammit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What’s the deal with Golladay? Someone just dropped him and I’m seriously thinking of burning my #1 waiver for him in a 14 team 3 WR league.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Anti-Hero posted:

Grabbed him in both my leagues.

Edit: I think you meant AP.

AD - “All Day” Adrian Peterson

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Michael Thomas officially out for the year.

https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1455895624742748161

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If the 2022 thread doesn’t make a #2 joke, we all lose.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This is not optimal.

https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/1461805125027180560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That feeling when you want to start Aaron Jones but you have no 3:00 players at all. If I had to flip a coin I guess he doesn’t play but it would be nice to know now.