Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anyone planning any dynasty start-ups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Might try it because Underdog doesn’t have an iPad Pro app.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Everyone in even kinda competitive leagues has sleeper already. It hasn’t been a secret for a few years now.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I'm willing to set one up if I can mostly just reuse the settings from the dynasty league I started last year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss8oxj73zroegnv/Bylaws.txt?dl=0

You had me at no mfl

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I went ahead and created a 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty league based on the settings I linked a few posts up. PM me for an invite or provide an email address. Sleeper username might work too.

Thank you!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Crowder is a very likely cap casualty. Think he’s owed like $10m this season.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it was just added within the last few weeks I think

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Only a few more spots left

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Can I join?
I just started dynasty last year and my other team is a tire fire. I need redemption. And dynasty is a blast.
I don’t understand taxi squads so bear with me.

Would recommend setting up a discord for the league or something to get trade talks and banter up and running.

Taxi squads are explained in the rules/manifesto that was posted earlier.

And Sleepers chat is pretty robust, so probably no need for another chat unless we really want to separate topics.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

11/12 just need one more degenerate

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The SF start up we just did had QBs flying off the board.

Lawrence was the last top ranked QB to go in the Degens start up and I took him and hated it. I would have preferred Burrow for sure. Never even considered an RB that early though in SF.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I’m just not going to bet on the Jets being good.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Looking for more people for a dynasty best ball start-up. Superflex, 1ppr/1.5ppr TE, $20 buy in.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Hello goons,
I've got a league on Sleeper that might be a fit for you!
Here's some info:
  • 12 Teams (6/12 filled)
  • Best ball format
  • League dues 20 bucks
  • 10 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 SFLEX), 17 bench
  • Bylaws here.

If you're looking for a dynasty league with minimal in-season management to throw onto your pile of leagues that take up way too much of your attention, give us a look! We have 6/12 spots full so far, and would love to have you join.

12 teams, Superflex, Best Ball Dynasty, TE premium 1.5 PPR are the main settings.

I’d do 5 of these leagues if I could. Draft and absolutely minimal interaction during the season while I focus on my redraft leagues and then a league I can jump into during the off season when I’m itching for some fantasy.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Hello goons,
I've got a league on Sleeper that might be a fit for you!
Here's some info:
  • 12 Teams (6/12 filled)
  • Best ball format
  • League dues 20 bucks
  • 10 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 SFLEX), 17 bench
  • Bylaws here.

If you're looking for a dynasty league with minimal in-season management to throw onto your pile of leagues that take up way too much of your attention, give us a look! We have 6/12 spots full so far, and would love to have you join.

12 teams, Superflex, Best Ball Dynasty, TE premium 1.5 PPR are the main settings.

Shoot me or genericone a PM. I'm technically the Commissioner but since it's a new league in a relatively new format, we're open to suggestions and genericone has been instrumental in getting this all set up.
The draft will be a rolling draft with 8 hours per pick, so we're hoping to get started soon so that we can complete it in plenty of time for the season to start. Thanks!

1 to 2 more spots available in this dynasty superflex best ball league.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Just took the last spot

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

Thanks for jumping in guys. That was a good SF mock.

Who won?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The eternal breakout candidate

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anyone know when 12 team drafts start on Underdog? Only have slow drafts for 12 team right now.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Zack posted:

Is Kelce worth 1.04 in PPR redraft? I'm hoping for Kamara and I'm leery on Barkley and Henry. I assume McCaffrey and Cook will be taken.

It’s a reach for sure. Waller and Kittle typically go around the 2/3 turn, so taking an RB isn’t even giving up a positional advantage in this case unless you for some reason think Henry is going to bust. If that’s the case I’d probably prefer Adams over Kelce if you’re in a league that starts 3 WRs or more than one flex.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Zack posted:

My hesitation on Henry is his mileage. The more I look, the more it seems that shouldn't be a problem this year. I've never had any shares of him, so he's been off my radar.

You can’t know one way or the other until it’s way too late anyway.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

RCarr posted:

Swift and Gibson are no brainers right?

Yes

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The draft today felt weird. I think the low prices on the deadzone RBs came from early overspending on top tier RBs due to some people not realizing it was a superflex draft.

Top tier QBs felt undervalued. Kyler went for $26, I think. Having one team not even participating had an impact as well.

Edit: of the two of these I’ve done I’ve really liked it and think I prefer it to snake drafting.

dkj fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 15, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

had my regular old snake draft one ppr ten man team draft today and I probably hosed up. ended up taking kelce with the 7th pick then Diggs was still there at 13 and there wasn't an rb that I liked...ended up taking Jacobs in the 3rd, then melvin Gordon, then Travis etienne. could be a real ugly season

Wish there was a gif of Kenny Loggins that said deadzone or something

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm in a 2QB league with a TE spot and a W/R/T flex spot. How valuable are TEs there?

I have the choice of keeping Myles Gaskin in the 8th or Hockenson in the 12th. I think I should keep Hockenson but I can't believe that keeping a TE will pay off.

Don’t flex a TE, if that’s what you’re asking. Gaskin may not have the workload he had last year but it’s not certain. Hock looks like he’ll be the #1 receiver in an awful offense. Both are going multiple rounds ahead of where you can keep them.

You don’t have any other options to keep?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

have to assume this is a joke, right?

well, i don't know. with 12 teams, and 2 potential qb slots, and this being a keeper league and qb being the most keepable, maybe that is the way to go?

In SF/2 QB leagues QBs dominate the first round

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

I would also be terrified if I was relying on that super RB over that super second QB just on account of how more often RBs get injured than QBs so I always figured that's safer.

Safer maybe, but if that RB is going to outscore the next RB you would otherwise get by more than that second QB will outscore the next QB you’d get then it’s still an advantage. Top RB tiers typically have a more dramatic fall of from one to the next than other positions.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Think I heard somewhere that the greatest Rookie TE season of all time would basically be TE5 last year or something like that? I'm probably wrong on the specifics but that was the gist.

Maybe Pitts works out? But for that draft capital I'm way way more likely to get value elsewhere.

Yeah something like that.

No one can say it’s impossible that he returns value at that draft price but it’s not likely at all. Most people aren’t as down on him as it seems, they’re down on the price he’s going at. I’m more than happy to let others take him there.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Everything else is just opinions. I wouldn't worry about CDL though.

Other than being Pitts-like levels of over drafted

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Poque posted:

I'm extremely excited to nominate Pitts in my auction draft early so all the too-clever players bid him up and I get a Bob Tonyan or a Mike Gesicki for max $2

It didn’t happen in any of the mock drafts we did here. Think he usually went for $8-$12.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Give me all the Brandin Cooks I can handle. Feed me Brandin Cooks until I throw up. I don't care. He's like WR35 and I am a little piggy for him.

Yeah he’s so cheap I’m taking almost everywhere in redraft

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s rarely a good idea to take an early QB and an early TE.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

Take one or the other. Dont take both.

Yep. Taking both handicaps your depth too much.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I like Andrews because I don’t like the other options at that range. Not dealing with the TE headache is such a relief.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

sourdough posted:

Otoh Devonta Smith is the third WR Heisman winner ever and a top 10 draft pick. Callaway seems a fine dart throw too, but Smith has better fantasy prospects than a typical rookie.

I didn’t really pay attention to the eagles last year. Did Hurts provide enough volume to support a high end receiver?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Cam gone

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

RCarr posted:

ESPN is the worst

MFL is the worst but ESPN is the worst with an actual app.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s just playing hard to get

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

I convinced everyone to draft Darwin Thompson so

Should wear a scarlet DT forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I was happy taking Swift in the 5th in my main league since he had typically been going in the 3rd for a while. Even doing a hero RB approach I pivoted to take him.

Ended up with this:

10 team league of course.