Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Here's my team in my 12 team .5 PPR League, who do I drop for a Kicker and a DST? We start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 Flex.

QB: Tannehill, Lawrence
RB: Ekeler, Gus Edwards, Melvin Gordon, Fournette, James White, Tyson Williams
WR: DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Sutton, Devante Parker, Russell Gage
TE: Mike Gesicki, Hunter Henry

I am assuming the advice will be Lawrence and Henry but just checking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Who would you rather own in Dynasty? TySon Williams or Alexander Mattison?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Spermy Smurf posted:

I drop hunter Henry here. Lawrence depends who is on waivers. I dont see him outperforming guys like Carr for a while.

Jonnu is gone right? He is the patriots TE to own.

Yeah redraft, and Jonnu is owned.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

sourdough posted:

That's... not the only game day lol

So everyone needs to roster multiple QBs and TEs, in case their guy gets ruled out during pregame warm ups? Like, Dak pulls a hammy tonight and whoever has him is just hosed this week? You can't really think that's better

I mean it's dynasty you should have multiple QBs and TEs anyway. I'm in the league and it's never bothered me doing it this way. If it was redraft sure, but this is dynasty with 25 man rosters.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Not feeling great about Gesicki as my TE, any likely waiver wire TEs worth picking up?

I'm considering Juwan Johnson, he definitely put up points this week and Winston does like throwing to TEs; see the performance by Cameron Brate and OJ Howard when he was still a Buc. I may be just chasing this weeks points, though.

Everett and Njoku are also on the wire for me, .5 PPR.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

shyduck posted:

This league I'm in has 5 IDP starting slots (1 lineman, 2 linebackers, 2 secondary).

Secondary is weird because not only is it simply luck but you don't necessarily want to pick a CB that's too good, because theoretically a team will attack the weaker side more, therefore the weaker CB will have more action and points potential

It's a really weird thing

You want safeties especially in the box safeties like Jamal Adams and once those are gone you want young corners that can tackle and hope they get picked on by opposing QBs. Avoid OLBs unless you can slot them with dlinemen, an off the ball linebacker will see more action usually. Unless tackling is super devalued in your scoring then just pray for big plays.

We had an all idp league for a few years, I ran it towards the end. It was fun but I haven’t had the energy to run another league.

As for Parsons vs Kendricks both have pretty good matchups for tackling opportunity. I would go Kendricks as the safer option. Is Parsons getting more playtime because other people are out? If he was already on the field almost every snap I don’t think his production will change that much.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sir, I will never forget this league even when I'm old, grayed, and dying. It was literally the toughest league I've ever been a part of :911:

Man I really do miss it, it was pretty sweet.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Whoreson Welles posted:

26 points alone is insane for one IDP position. Maybe he was tackling players so goddamn much they just thought it was easier to credit him with a tackle after every play and go back and review the tape later.

26 points is a good week but not insane. Garrett got a ton of sacks last week, the stat corrections probably split some of them with other players. Or the scoring originally gave points for a sack a tackle and a tackle for a loss in the same play and some of those were reduced to just a sack.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Ty'Son Williams was a healthy scratch this past week, we dropping him in redraft or holding?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah that sort of thing is best resolved with league rules prohibiting trades either after a certain deadline, or between teams eliminated from playoffs and those not-eliminated, or both. But if you didn't have the foresight to implement rules like that, then it's the sort of thing a commissioner should be ready to veto.

It also usually comes down to a big disparity in experience or expectations w/r/t the league; someone thinks it's super-casual for laughs and a trade like the one you described is hilarious, someone else takes it seriously and that trade fucks up the whole playoffs. Setting expectations before week 1 is another good practice.

Unrelated to your point but I got confused for a second reading w/r/t as WR/RB/TE instead of "with regards to".

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

abelwingnut posted:

speaking of ridley, what is going on there? i get atl doesn't have the greatest offense, but he's had a good amount of targets per game when he's played, but just hasn't found the endzone. seems like an anomaly, no? or is avoing him in the endzone somehow the plan for them?

Matt Ryan sucks in the red zone. He couldn't connect with Julio Jones in the end zone either the last few years and this seems like a continuation of the trend.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Bob A Feet posted:

Mainly the yardage and points scored.

We got rid of yardage scoring for DSTs, the rules make it too easy to move the ball these days and lots of teams attempt bend and don't break defense.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I saw a while ago a DST scoring that starts at 0 and just counts up. Usualy stuff like sacks and ints but also some sort of scoring for tackles and I think passes defensed too. So like IDP scoring truncated. I'd rather do that than normal DST scoring.

I'd most rather do IDP but it's not worth it if you only do 1 or 2 guys, gotta have like 6 and my league would burn me at the stake if I suggested expanding the draft by 6+ rounds.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Dropped James Connor after week one and it feels bad.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I lost* by 3 points because Russ won't throw to DK anymore. Also because I played Brady over Dak.

*Praying for stat corrections, we start 6 IDPs so there's a chance!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm starting Taysom Hill and the Saints D this week so please don't gently caress this up Jets.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Managed to secure a wild card spot in both of my leagues. I have never felt like I shot myself in the foot more than this year but I still made it, if I can just figure my poo poo out for the next few weeks maybe I'll finally win a title.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
My fantasy New Years resolution is to never again use FantasyPros for sit/start decisions. I feel like every time I went against my gut and went by their rankings this year it was a bad choice. I still think I like their waiver advice but the sit/start tool only got me in trouble.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Love to have the highest score in the league the week after completely bombing in the wild card round

Same and also it was my highest total of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

kiimo posted:

My dynasty league doesn't want to draft rookies until August. I keep telling them most leagues draft after the real draft. Help me make some compelling points to convince them because "I'm loving bored and hate baseball" isn't cutting it

I'd quit my league if they made me think about football in general before August let alone rookies. I can go hard from September to playoffs and after that I am head empty.