Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Doesn't seem like enough, Parker should be flexable at worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Don't know what yall are thinking, but superflex is pretty much a must for me in dynasty so I'd strongly recommend it, and IDP also very recommended. I think my most fun leagues are 12-14 teams, superflex, 2-2-3 starters at DB/DL/LB. 2 TE is also a cool twist. Anything to make it so QB and TE (and defense) are spots you can build a team around and give variety to team construction, rather than the typical "ignore QB and TE until the late rounds if you don't get a top 3-4 option there early."

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

Personally I would mash accept on that trade.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah Goff (or really any one of the QBs if you have a strong preference), Singletary, Jeff Wilson, and Fulgham are my easy cuts. Hunter Henry is fine if you really need the cap space, but I don't think you will after those cuts.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

ha one of the guys that's drafting ahead of me has six (!) quarterbacks and that was when he didn't even know it was moving to Superflex. If he takes another QB people will go nuts. We're also going to put limits on the position so some of his ridiculous quarterbacks will be available on free agency. Dude has

Joe Burrow
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford
Jared Goff
Jimmy G
Big Ben

He was 2-11 last season

Don't put limits, let dudes make their rosters how they want

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zauper posted:

I'd agree, there's no fair way to swap a league to SF mid stream. It's why I wouldn't try. But I definitely wouldn't think the fair solution is to just...take QBs from one team.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Not sure if we're discussing trades in this thread yet but I've been offered something interesting in my 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty

My Derrick Henry for his Travis Etienne, a early to mid 2022 1st and a 2024 1st.

My biggest problem with the trade is that it will leave my RB position looking like this: Etienne, Mike Davis, Melvin Gordon, James White, Duke Johnson and Damien Williams. How realistic is it that Etienne turns into an RB1 in the next 2-3 years?

I do that because given those RBs, seems you may not be heavily competing this year anyway. I'm trying to move Henry in leagues where I'm not a top 2-3 team, though might need to wait til the season starts to get good value. I'd sell him for that return for sure.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
9 is a nice spot for a new start up superflex, because your league mates may not value QBs like they should if they don't have much experience. If only Mahomes is gone by your pick, I'd probably grab a WR at 9, and aim for a QB with your 2nd. Protects you from a QB run happening before you grab a top 5 one, while also potentially letting you get QB value later when they fall. If somehow Mahomes isn't gone at 9, he's an incredibly easy pick there.

If a handful of QBs go before 9, you still may want to do the above, since that means top tier RB or WR will have fallen, and you can still grab a QB with your 2nd. If you see a tier break at QB, though, don't be afraid to grab one there, much better to have gotten your QBs in order during the start up than to have gambled on some falling and missing out.

But generally, I think you just need to see how the draft goes wrt QB and TE and try to calibrate where you need to target them based on your league mates moreso than how you think they should be valued.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Put it on the calendar to laugh at me in 6 months if you want, but I think CMC will be 4th or worse out of 7 on that list above.

I mean, you should probably always bet the field against the 1.01

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
When's the last time a QB/WR/RB stack of Jets was a good dynasty play?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Want them all for yourself?

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm up in this superflex PPR Dynasty marathon draft, my roster is:
Burrow, Wilzon
Cook, Swift, Jacobs
Ja'Marr Chase Claypool
no TE

We start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, and have two flex spots in addition to the superflex spot.

Trey Sermon and Laviska Shenault are both available and I want both but obviously can only have one. I need more WRs and would love to have the homer pick; Shenault has hype but I feel like its well founded because he did fairly well last year considering the whole covid situation and the revolving door of bad QB play. However, Sermon might become the bellcow in SF. I also badly need a TE and the next best available TE is Irv Smith, who might be great this year with Rudolph gone and no clear WR3 in Minny, and the TE position is pretty thin after him.

After typing that out I am leaning Shenault, but what do people think?

You need another QB way more than Irv Smith or Shenault, who is best available? You're actually in a fairly weird roster spot, because Cook and Jacobs are saying you need to win now, but your QBs and Chase are probably not going to be high end guys for a while. Someone like Shenault isn't going to get you out of the mid table mediocrity, too good to get premium rookie picks but not food enough to seriously contend (and more specifically, I wouldn't buy into any Jags receivers for significant cost just yet, Chark was the presumed stud going into last year, and it's a whole new team so who knows who will be the top dude). Who are like the best 10 available at QB and WR?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 8, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Someone contacted me about trading me 9.10 and 12.3 for 8.9, which I am also pondering.

Re: Shenault vs Sermon: yeah I like both on potential, but they both also have asterisks/concerns

QBs have been hot and the position is currently a wasteland, those that are left are:
Ryan
Carr
Goff
Winston
Roeth
Love
Fitz
Newton
Hill
Trask
Bridgewater

As for WR:
Juju
Thielen
Shenault
Bateman
Beckham
D Samuel
Pittman
Boyd
C Samuel
Anderson
R Moore
E Moore
C Samuel

I'd easily go Juju, Obj, and Deebo over Laviska, fwiw. I also think you need to seriously consider your window when it comes to the QB wasteland. Ryan would be your QB1 for the next two years most likely, doesn't look like the Falcons are getting out of his deal until at least after 2022, even then it'd be costly. Carr and Winston both carry tons of risk, but could also easily be your best scoring QBs.

If it were me, I'd absolutely be taking Ryan (it's a fairly big tier break after him in terms of uncertainty), then probably Juju or Beckham (though maybe Carr or Winston). The alternative is relying on Bengals soph QB coming off an acl tear (I do actually really like him but temper expectations in the short term!) and Jets rookie QB to be your every week starters...it's just not a good position to be in. If that's the direction you want to go, you should be selling Cook for a haul and targeting an early 22 pick for yourself (edit: not necessarily during this draft, though, unless a great offer comes your way, in season likely gets you a better return).

sourdough fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 8, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Now you gotta post his team, maybe it's actually awesome

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Well, at least having back to back picks means he might have missed good value at QB at each of his picks, got caught by QB runs. Really don't like that he doesn't have a strong RB2 after ignoring QB so long. But I don't hate that roster :shobon:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

generic one posted:

Got a bit of an ethical question here, and also, whether or not I’m imagining things. Sleeper app related.

I’m in a dynasty league (non-goon), and there are three commishes. There have been a few fishy things I’ve noticed, but not really any proof, but I get the idea there may be some communication going on between these three.

The latest involved auto pick firing. We’re on a one hour timer, and a couple of people have ran out of time and auto turned on as expected.

In the screenshot below, you can see this happening for the team in yellow. They ran out of time, auto fired and grabbed Anthony Miller.

The next thing that happens is in green, for one of the three commissioners. They ran out of time, it picked Thaddeus Moss. Now, as I understand how it works is that auto should have stayed on and fired immediately where the pick in red is. It did not.

Finally, the team in yellow who had auto pick grab Miller fires and grabs James Washington.

Is that weird to anyone else? It seems like one of the other commissioners would have had to intervene for the commish at the corner, but didn’t for the team in yellow.

Just looking for a sanity check here, or maybe I’m not understanding how that works in Sleeper.

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but if it's an hour per pick, why would the team's second pick be autodrafted for them immediately? They timed out on the Moss pick but got their next one in before another hour had elapsed

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Since it's TE premium, might as well load up on them, but don't expect almost any of those random rookie TEs to ever hit. And you will for sure be able to get replacement level vets off the wire, you just need to not turn up your nose at a guy like Logan Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Darren Fells, Jason Witten, etc etc. Every year there are multiple old random dudes that are seasonal TE1s and 2s.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I had two picks in this years lottery. I ended up with 1.03 and 1.05. I really wanted one of Harris or Chase. What do you think it would take to swap 1.03 with 1.02, or 1.01?

Edit: This is a ppr dynasty league.

Too idiosyncratic to the two owners of those picks in your league for anyone to know. Add an early 2nd on top, might be enough. But if they also see Harris and Chase as the clear cut top two, it might cost quite a bit more.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd be kinda shocked if Harris and Chase don't go 1/2 in the majority of non SF leagues. Etienne isn't in a better situation and is not as good a prospect (for many), Smith and Waddle have question marks and not great situations, Pitts is a wildcard that might be most likely to get taken early but he's also a TE so lol. I guess I have seen somewhat egregious QB reaches occasionally even in 1 QB leagues.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Your league is modeled after ours so I get it. But a top TE is worth it. There are 3 good TEs and then a bunch of dart throws, if Pitts lights it up then he's absolutely worth the extra $10 salary to be leaps and bounds above the guys like Gronk and Tonyan.

A plug and play top4 TE that puts up consistently more points than the guys in the 5-15 range is worth it. Kelce and Waller were over 220pts in one of my leagues, then it cuts from 150 to 110 really quickly beyond that.

It's still a huge dart throw because he hasnt played a snap, but it's not unreasonable to take Pitts.

And if Lawrence is Mahomes 2.0 who puts up consistently more points than the QB you are against every single week... Same poo poo. The "too high" salary is worth eating for points.

That's all fine, but you can just as easily say Chase is going to be AJ Green 2.0 and Harris is going to be Leveon Bell 2.0 or whatever. I think your point with TE points leveling off after the first few actually undercuts your argument a bit, to be honest.

No one had Kittle or Waller as difference makers when drafting. On the other hand, OJ Howard, Njoku, and Engram were all drafted as top 10 TEs before they'd played a snap, as were Hockenson and Fant. For all the hype, Pitts is more likely to be a consistent mid range TE1 than he is a superstar like Kelce, ya know? Like, if his career plays out as Hockenson's has so far, he'd be way ahead of the development curve for typical TEs, and also way less valuable than Harris or Chase is likely to be over the next few years.

Apparently PFR player season finder is behind a paywall now, which sucks and so not much detail here, but there's been only 13 rookie TEs to exceed 500 yards since 2000, and just 3 to exceed 600 yards. Pitts certainly has a chance to do that with Julio gone, but those are the kind of odds you're facing if you draft him and expect mid range TE1 play right away, let alone thinking you're getting a plug and play Kelce or Kittle.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fsif posted:

So maybe a dumb question, but what is the appeal of TE premium rules? I feel like once you get past the top 6 or so of them, they have roughly the weekly predictive patterns of a kicker.

There's 32 starting TEs in the league and like 5-10 consistently fantasy viable without TE premium, so you just ignore the position if you don't draft one early. With TE premium, it's one more position you actually have to put a little thought into. And at least compared to kickers, the volume each offense tends to send to their TEs isn't random, so like you know the Chargers or Cowboys TE is probably better to target than the Cardinals or Jets TE, even if they're all relatively unsexy individual players from a fantasy perspective. That applies more in dynasty than redraft though, since you actually have bench space to stash a few speculative dudes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Top 5 is the best possible scenario for Stafford this year, not the most likely. I put him between 8-13 or so if he doesn’t get hurt.

I definitely agree with your point here about ceiling vs expectation, but reminder that Stafford was something like QB 15 last year, when Golladay missed almost the whole year, and moved to the place that made Goff something like QB 16. I feel good expecting mid to low QB1 numbers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
He averaged 315 and 3.25 in 2019 :D But yeah again, agreed on that being his ceiling not his expectation

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Good, glad we can count on Dobbins to be the bellcow for the next 10 days

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Dobbins owns and was going to own even with Gus healthy imo, but if Gus does have lingering issues, I suspect Baltimore will just bring in another vet

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

What do you guys have for keeper rules?

My 12 year old league is looking to redo our keeper rules (because they suck), so looking for suggestions.

Go for dynasty

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
That's why commish should've said, "we'll start with no time limit but if it starts to drag, we'll put in a 24 hour clock"

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

What are thoughts on Barkley? Similar to my previous question about Hurts, but it seems like he is getting a first round ADP across the board (typically RB6-8ish or so), yet to me it feels like there is a ton of risk for him. Currently PUP, might miss early weeks of the season, might not be 100% when he does come back, and he is on a bad Giants team with a projected worst Oline in the league. I am mainly asking because after mapping out projected keepers in my keeper league, so many good players are kept that it is looking likely I will need to choose between him or another equally risky RB with the 6th or 9th overall pick since so many top players of each position are kept. He has the physical talents to be a top RB, but I am just not sure if this year is the year to use a 1st round pick on him, yet almost everywhere he is getting ranked as if he has not been injured.

Maybe you're more pessimistic on his injury than other people, but to me low end RB1 feels like it's fairly pricing in the risk. He's got RB#1 upside and, injury worry aside, a strong floor. If he wasn't injured last year or had already been cleared from it, he'd be a lock for one of the top few picks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Etienne, then Williams, then Waddle and Bateman, then Sermon and Moore and probably Carter? Probably not worth trading what it'll cost to get a 1st round rookie at this point, now that everyone has gotten hyped about them, but if any of those guys wouldn't cost much, go for it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah that's fair, just don't feel super confident in him getting and keeping a strong lead role. People are more hyped for Elijah Mitchell than a typical late round rookie for the same reason.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Snake rookie draft is heresy fyi

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Who is going at 1 and 2? Assuming Chase even falls to you, I'd take Evans over Chase pretty comfortably, and then roll the dice on pick 4 going RB or QB or Pitts and hope Chase gets to 5.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

But I think he's saying Evans is going with the second pick, so assuming Najee goes one, he's thinking Chase.

Oh I see that now. Yeah I go chase over Pitts, and though it doesn't matter here after all, also think Evans is silly underrated.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Just need a second opinion.

Is this superflex? Your rookie pick costs never make sense to me, that's way too flat a salary scale going from mid 1st to any of those 2nf round pick costs. Devalues the 2nd relative to non salary leagues. I'm not a huge Kyler fan and think his scoring the first half of last season was a mirage, but he'll be a decent QB1 as long as he's healthy. I'd take that over Lawrence for pretty similar salary.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd try to mirror the salary scale to the change in adp for rookies better. Idk, maybe all salaries are pretty flat in your league, but for example pick 5 (Javonte Williams or Etienne maybe) is like a 4th or 5th round start up pick, the 18th rookie is someone like Toney or Amon Ra in like the 10th or 11th round. The salary difference is only like $6-7? Just seems silly. That's pretty close to like Mahomes vs Tua in adp, or DJ Moore vs Russell Gage.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm not saying rookies should cost as much as vets, I'm saying that one way of valuing rookies, start up adp, is pretty far out of step with those salary amounts. That difference in salary between Mahomes and Tua is exactly my point: per adp, the difference between an early/mid 1st and a mid 2nd is roughly like Mahomes vs Tua, and your rookie salary is very far away from reflecting that. ADP should bake in the risk of unproven rookies too, so not sure that really matters in the comparison.

But that doesn't have to be solved/changed by making early picks cost exorbitant salary, just making the rookie scale steeper. Maybe we disagree on this or I'm underestimating the value of cheap rookies kept in perpetuity, but I think by late 2nd/early 3rd, rookies should probably cost $1, given the low hit rates. Their real cost then is the likely wasted roster spot, not salary. Compared to a non salary league, I suspect your FA pool is much more interesting, as people try to drop guys and get them back on cheaper deals, so that wasted roster spot is not a negligible cost.

Maybe something like 1.01 is $25, dropping fairly sharply so 1.12 is like $10. I dunno. I probably like your salary scale well enough for superflex, as adding in 4-5 fairly high value rookies flattens out the value dropoff substantially too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I keep Kelce with either of those offers, Hines adds very little. Waller should still be great this year, but I'd be constantly worried about the Raiders adding an actual good receiver and making Waller the 1B. Like, yeah he dominated the receiving game when his competition was Renfrow, Agholor, and Tyrell Williams, but what happens when Bryan "TO Moss" Edwards breaks out (lol). Or when Carr finally gets replaced. Whereas Kelce has age as essentially the only worry: his offense is going to keep being great, Mahomes is going nowhere, he's been the TE1 even with Hill blowing up, etc.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's tough with a guy like Kelce because it seems less like slowing down physically will hurt his production much and more like eventually someday he'll start getting injured more because he's older. So it's tough to predict. I don't think I'm selling him anywhere I'm competing, and anywhere I am selling I think I'd wait til in season and try to get younger talent. Feels like you'd be buying Waller at his ceiling and not really extending your window to compete, so why not stick with the surer thing.

e: or to put it another way, I'm all for selling Kelce if you're not competing, but then sell him for something that makes sense for a younger/rebuilding team rather than a relatively old TE, helps your picks to be earlier next year, and fits with when you think you will be competitive.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 17, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Having done absolutely no research on it, feels like Kelce has passed the point where I assume he'll continue producing into his 30s because he hasn't slowed down yet. Yes that feels suspiciously like using his older age as a positive lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
That's significantly less nuts than 3 QB. Just means you'll have to care about a deeper player pool than most leagues.