Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Silly Burrito posted:

The only reason not to is so that people in other leagues not Sleeper related get the breaking alerts, but admittedly, that's a selfish reason. But it did help me out a couple of years ago when no one else had it installed and I did and picked up some FAs about 20 minutes earlier than anyone else.

this. Sleeper has won me leagues before. I'm never recommending sleeper for any league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
If having kids makes spending 24 hours (minus waffle time) in a waffle house sound great, then I'm sure glad I don't have any. I even like waffle house.

dxt fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 21, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
gently caress. DeAndre Hopkins was so cool and good :(

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I finally convinced my longest running league to switch from lovely weekly resetting waiver order to FAAB. I am ready for some football!! :feelsgood:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

only 300 hours throughout the season? seems low.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

kiimo posted:

A guy in our 14 team Important League auto drafted and ended up with FIVE tight ends. He's a Ravens fan.

A guy in my league got auto drafted 4 TEs when we have no dedicated TE slot. Auto draft is especially brutal when you have nonstandard roster settings.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Who do I drop for a kicker? 0PPR if that matters

Latavius Murray
DeVante Parker
Ty'Son Williams.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Hot Diggity! posted:

Anyone else completely unable to use ESPN on browser? Really annoying!

Not loading at all for me right now either.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I know the real answer is neither, but who is more likely to put up 31 non PPR points tonight. Ty'Son Williams or a sick Josh Jacobs?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My Ty'Son or Jacobs for Godwin? No PPR. Would be a nice WR upgrade and still have enough startable RBs. Godwin burned me last year, but he looked really good on Thursday.

The rest of my team for reference:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Starting to not feel great about my CEH shares!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

sourdough posted:

I checked in a few minutes before halftime and was really annoyed I forgot Mills was starting and left Cooks in, but I'm a lot happier now

:same:

Mills looked decent enough to throw it deep to Cooks when he gets enough time to throw.

My 8th and 9th round picks of Cooks and Mike Williams really making my season in one league.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pain of Mind posted:

I could not believe it when DJ Moore fell to me at the end of the 9th round in a 10 team keeper league (standard scoring). There is a flex and superflex and we only start 2 dedicated WR so most teams do not need a ton of WR, but I was literally eyeing him from rounds 5+ but needed RBs since I lost Dobbins and everyone else had good RB keepers. I already had Lamb and Hopkins so I did not really need a starting WR that badly, but each round I definitely wanted him before picking 4 RB in a row from rounds 4-8. The main risk was that Anderson might end up the primary receiver, but that does not seem to be happening. Was a live draft and I pretty much slammed the sticker on the board 1 second into my pick.

He never seems to score touchdowns so he is kind of a high floor average ceiling player, but I will take 126 yards replacing Henderson as my flex.

Got him in the 8th in my non-superflex 10 team PPR league. Would've won last week if I started him instead of Amari Cooper or CEH :argh: Started him this week and I don't see him leaving his spot anytime soon.

dxt fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 24, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

kiimo posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with CEH

I was excited for him to fall to me in 3 leagues :negative:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
ESPN thinks I have a 97% chance of winning. I have a 27 point lead and my opponent has Hurts left. Hurts scored 28 points week 1 in this league, the Cowboys are not exactly known for their great defense. I am going to lose.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm gonna be mad if I dropped Conklin and he turns out to be not poo poo.

He'll go back to being poo poo next week when I bench KJ Osborn and all Conklin's targets go to him.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Mayman10 posted:

Was worried about Cook being out this week but my team went off anyway and got my highest score yet securing my 3-0 lead.

Is that yahoo?? I have a dumb joke league that has 2 kickers that has been wanting to add punters for years

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I used to run a non-serious league and we had head coaches and punters. It was loving awesome.

What's the scoring on head coaches? Just wins?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Bengals D was not a good streaming pick this week.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

The Zack posted:

The classic stoppable force vs. the movable object. I don't think Tennessee will fare much better vs the Jets.

picked them up in another league :negative:

Other options aren't looking much better.

WFT v Atl
KC @ Phi
Min v Cle
Mia v Ind

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ben Nevis posted:

I was able to grab Dallas in 2 leagues. Panthers this week without CMC, and then onto like NYG and NE. I like them till their bye, I think.

Carolina didn't have much trouble moving the ball last week after CMC went down, though that was against Houston. Maybe I'll target Dallas next week.

The Zack posted:

Even though they've been underachieving, I like Washington here. ATL might be just what they need to get right.

Tennessee is not a bad play. I just don't expect a top 5 performance from them.

I think I'll go WFT. Thanks for the advice.

dxt fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 1, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

MacheteZombie posted:

Who would you drop for Curtis Samuel in a ppr league?
KJ Osborn
Rondale Moore

I don't know, but I'm considering the same in half PPR and the same but with Mondale, Renfrow, and Christian Kirk in non PPR

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pulchritudinous posted:

I need to pick up a D this week. I have the Bills and Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC) as a RB, so I'd like to avoid them negating each other. I also have Goedert (PHI) as my TE. Here are the top remaining ones in our league (10 team, non-ppr, regular scoring):

I'm terrible at this kind of decision making (LV would be senisble, but ATL is playing the Jets...), so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction

I like the Cards if Garoppolo is out, otherwise Vikings.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

coronaball posted:

Some would like the Cards more if a 1-legged Jimmy was in. He has a history of playing absolutely gawd awful when less than 100%.

Maybe, I tend to target rookie QBs for DEF opponents too hard

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

am I crazy for Believing in cordarelle? he's kinda the RB1B and WR1B at the same time, best case scenario. i don't expect him to play against adoree jackson and pals every week but the nature of the targets he's getting makes him feel spicy.
vs someone like, say, Kareem Hunt who is the firm 2nd running back. it feels crazy to even say the two are comparable but I think I actually like cordy better rest of season. the browns will get many more yards and touchdowns than the falcons so maybe not.

Keep rolling with Cordarelle until he stops producing. I strongly doubt he can keep it up all season, but until it stops I don't think you can bench that kind of production.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

M.Ryan vs the Jets or L.Jackson vs the Colts

Ryan is playing a London game without his best two WRs. Unless you're league really hoards QBs Ryan is completely droppable. Lamar all the way.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RCarr posted:

Gotta love when you lose on the 2nd play of the game

:negative:

But on the plus side in another league I beat the undefeated team with over 100 points more scored than any other team despite starting Carson (whoops!), Golladay, and Beckham. :feelsgood:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Boosh! posted:

Christian McCaffrey out again. Wonderful.

Loving how this week is starting to shape up for my Chuba/Hunt team, playing against the CMC owner :getin:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Carson to IR. My team with Carson and CEH is looking rough.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
In my superflex league I drafted Dak and Josh Allen who are of course both on bye this week. I'm starting Tua (swooped him up after someone dropped him while he was injured) and Geno Smith, there are 0 starting QBs on the wire.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A guy offered me Ekeler and Zack Moss for Swift and McKissic in my 12 team PPR redraft league. I have CMC, Chuba, Gibson, and Josh Jacobs, too but Ekeler is apparently the #2 scoring RB in this league and on the better offense. Despite him being on a bye this week I think thats a mash? Gibson is nicked up but I have the RB depth to deal with it.

mash

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Need 6 from Collins tonight, not feeling confident.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Whoreson Welles posted:

This is a good thread question, what is everyones’ thoughts on alerting your opponent to injuries?

I personally wouldn’t notify people they are starting a BYE player, that is something you should pay attention to. Same goes for a player who has been Q all week or most of the weekend and then gets ruled out before game time. That information is all easily accessible in the days leading up to the game.

The one case I would send a text to my opponent is if they had an otherwise healthy player suddenly get injured the day or morning before a start. Never know what peoples’ weekend schedule is and not everyone has time to check their team every hour of every Sunday morning.

Take care of your own team, don't make it harder for yourself. I would (and have) alert an opponent of someone I want to lose that they need to make some changes.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Don't do this is a guillotine league as I learned the hard way. I tried to help a friend out so someone I didn't personally like would get the chop and my team ended up taking a huge dump and I lost because of it.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Silly Burrito posted:

What’s the deal with Golladay? Someone just dropped him and I’m seriously thinking of burning my #1 waiver for him in a 14 team 3 WR league.

Combination of health issues and just not forming good chemistry with Daniel Jones. That said in a 14 team 3 WR league he probably still has value.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Gin_Rummy posted:

Is anyone else starting Rodgers tonight? I’m simultaneously confident and terrified that my double whammy combo of Rodgers/Tonyan is going to drop a big goose egg… should I start Burrow instead? Or trust Rodgers to do Rodgers things, but throw Higbee into my lineup over Tonyan?

I would start Burrow over Rodgers with no Adams/Lazard.

Tonyan might actually be a good play with those WRs out.

I'm just hoping its a big Aaron Jones game.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I started Kirk over Cobb :negative:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He had three catches. You made the right choice, even if luck had Cobb score more points.

Kirk had four catches, not a huge difference. Though if Kirk had caught that one down the middle he probably would have scored a long TD.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Gin_Rummy posted:

Would it be a bad idea to drop A. Collins for the Cleveland D/ST? I am too afraid to start the Saints against Tom Brady…

depends on what the rest of your RB situation is, if you're pretty set at RB go for it, if not drop the Saints D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Is Ridley droppable now? I need to drop someone since Dak is out and it's him Julio or Beckham getting axed. Don't think I'd miss any of them unless Ridley changes his mind.