Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

dkj posted:

Anyone planning any dynasty start-ups?

I wasn't specifically planning one but may or may not be interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

I'm not planning on starting one -- but am interesting in being in one. Just started really considering it this year. I think it's time -- if I can find a good one to join and get in on the ground floor. Had a great time in the 20 team SA league this past year, so I'm pretty sure I can trust you SA guys/gals to be good for a dynasty league too. Right? RIGHT?!?!

I'm willing to set one up if I can mostly just reuse the settings from the dynasty league I started last year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss8oxj73zroegnv/Bylaws.txt?dl=0

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I went ahead and created a 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty league based on the settings I linked a few posts up. PM me for an invite or provide an email address. Sleeper username might work too.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Invite sent.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Got you :coolfish:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quarterroys posted:

Is the goon superflex dynasty league startup still happening? I’d be down.

Sure is. I'll PM you an invite.

This gets us to the halfway point. Looking for six more

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Awesome, thank you! Will let you know, we're going to give goons first crack at it for a little bit longer and then open it up to cool goon-adjacent folks. We're at 6/12 so far but I feel like this thread doesn't get a ton of traffic in May.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

coronaball posted:

Interested. Is there an entry fee? When would the draft be?

Sorry if those questions were previously answered.

Looking at a small money buy-in, $20-$25 range. Startup draft isn't scheduled yet but people are champing at the bit for some drafting action so I think it'll be shortly after we get our 12th. We'll finish nailing down those details when we're closer to filling up so that we can get everybody's input.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Zauper posted:

I'd join if it's both superflex and not IDP. I'm just trying to centralize my leagues starting requirements.

It is superflex and we're not doing IDP.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Zauper posted:

Then I'll play!

PMed you

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I don't think that they do.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Oh drat. I knew they added auction capabilities in the past month or so but hadn't heard about the salary cap stuff.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

In this dynasty league, are we going to do a long form draft? ... where we have a long time per pick? Or more conventional?

I was planning on taking a vote once we're full or close to full. We could knock it out in an afternoon + evening or just kick off a slow draft with a 12-hour pick limit. I'm cool either way.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Zauper posted:

Plus I'm old and have little kids, so late nights are problematic but also so is awake time.

:same:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Check your PMs

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Can I join?
I just started dynasty last year and my other team is a tire fire. I need redemption. And dynasty is a blast.
I don’t understand taxi squads so bear with me.

Would recommend setting up a discord for the league or something to get trade talks and banter up and running.

PMed you an invite

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

That link doesn’t work any more for me, says it was deleted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgstuqfx0c436qb/Bylaws.txt?dl=0

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sure are. I'll PM you.

10/12. Tantalizingly close!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sent you an in-app friend request

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thread is up for the brand spanking new Degens and Special Teams dynasty league.

dkj posted:

11/12 just need one more degenerate

Yes, it's true! We do have one final opening! You, too, could be our 12th man.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Yeah, if your league is moving to SF next year and you only have one QB then now is the time to start drafting like it's SF. Put Lawrence, Lance, and Fields just above where you have Chase and you're on your way. (Then put Pitts, Etienne, Williams, and Mac Jones in front of DeVonta Smith)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm at 1.04 as well (and 1.07 + 1.11) and I have it on good authority that the first three picks will be Lawrence, Wilson, and Harris. I'm hoping to get Lance at 1.04 and Chase at 1.07 if I don't trade out.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Just wait a couple years and the problem will mostly resolve itself

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

I can't imagine Ja'Marr Chase being available at 7 that seems insane to me.

1.01 - Lawrence
1.02 - Wilson
1.03 - Harris (This guy's team last year was named "Tank4Najee" and he's a huge Alabama homer despite not going there or ever living there)
1.04 - Lance
1.05 - This guy is super QB needy so he should take Fields if he knows what's good for him (or Lance, I'm like 60/40 with Lance/Fields)
1.06 - This guy has McKissic and Mack as his starting RBs, I can see him abandoning a BPA approach to have an Etienne or a Williams

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

1.01 - Lawrence
1.02 - Wilson
1.03 - Harris (This guy's team last year was named "Tank4Najee" and he's a huge Alabama homer despite not going there or ever living there)
1.04 - Lance
1.05 - This guy is super QB needy so he should take Fields if he knows what's good for him (or Lance, I'm like 60/40 with Lance/Fields)
1.06 - This guy has McKissic and Mack as his starting RBs, I can see him abandoning a BPA approach to have an Etienne or a Williams

... scratch this. Guy at 1.03 tried to pretend he paid this year's dues last year and, when it was pointed out that he hadn't, he immediately quit the league. I'm assuming the new owner will recognize that Tua + Cam + Fitzmagic is not a QB room built for long-term success and will eschew picking an RB at that spot

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just so I can know how much to laugh at this guy, how much are league dues?

$25

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I like to target good value that falls lower than it should. In my recent startup I was drafting 10th and hoping to grab a QB. When 8 of the first 9 picks were QB I took a stud RB instead. I drafted in a startup last year with 100% identical league settings and scoring, also from the 10th position, and the first QB wasn't off the board until pick 9 so I absolutely went QB. Just be flexible.

I will say that TE premium with 3rd round reversal gives you a great opportunity to pick up a stud TE early in the 3rd. I'd strongly consider that.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'd try 2nd + 4th + 2022 1st rounder, maybe move it back to 2023 if they balk

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

dkj posted:

The SF start up we just did had QBs flying off the board.

Lawrence was the last top ranked QB to go in the Degens start up and I took him and hated it. I would have preferred Burrow for sure. Never even considered an RB that early though in SF.

I would have taken Lawrence with the next pick if you hadn't.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I find that the sweet spot for dynasty is bench = 1.5 x starting roster, with taxi squad not being counted as part of the bench. The two dynasty leagues I commish have 10 starting spots and 15 bench spots with taxi squads of 4 and 6 spots (latter started as 4 and voted to increase after year 1).

I wouldn't worry about the waiver wire being thin. There will be the occasional gem but you shouldn't expect to be picking up usable players on a regular basis like if you were streaming QBs in redraft. Helps encourage trading.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sleeper is by far my favorite and the leagues that I commish are all on it. The browser version is missing some features (though these are added with regularity) but I'm doing FF from my phone 99% of the time anyway. I hate trying to deal with the other platforms on my phone as they are all clearly intended to be worked through a browser and their apps always feel like a garbagey afterthought. If I have to use one of the others I prefer ESPN. I completely abandoned Yahoo years ago.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There is also some resource hogging "furrari" furry poo poo it wants you to pick to be your avatar or something; its completely obnoxious and there is no way that i can find to turn it off.
You can turn it off in your team settings. Also worth noting that Sleeper doesn't clog the user experience with advertisements and if this is the greatest evil on that front then, well, I'll take it.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

If the rules allow for it, it's not dirty

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

12-team, 0.5 PPR, drafting from the #2 spot. Feeling lukewarm about how this one turned out. Should I feel better than I do? :thunk:

QB: Ryan Tannehill (9)
RB: Alvin Kamara (1)
RB: Joe Mixon (3)
WR: DJ Moore (5)
WR: Chase Claypool (6)
TE: Darren Waller (2)
FLEX: Miles Sanders (4)
FLEX: Corey Davis (8)
K: TBD
DEF: Denver (15)

BENCH
Trey Lance (12)
Melvin Gordon (7)
James White (14)
Tony Jones (16)(probably my drop for a kicker)
Marvin Jones (10)
Curtis Samuel (11)
Marquez Callaway (13)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Worth dropping James White for Ty'Son Williams in 0.5 PPR redraft?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Here's a fantasy football GDT for 2021: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978948

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I've got Samuel and Bateman chilling in my IR spots

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

I guess gently caress me for thinking I had a chance against a dude with Saquon and Jacobs when he also had Henry.

Sorry not sorry

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

freeman posted:

Could be worse. There's a guy in a 1QB league with Murray, Rodgers, and Hurts who keeps spam trading me Rodgers or Hurts for my starters lol.

Someone in the goon beer league, which is 1QB, has Murray, Dak, and Hurts.

You know who you are.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

e: wrong thread

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

Tom F'N Brady (age 44) led the Bucs in rushing today with 14 yards.

RoJo next with 11 yards.

Fournette racked up 8 yards.

That's not for any one quarter, that's the entire god drat game.

That's why I avoided the Bucs' backfield in fantasy.

Not rushing yardage but my Giovani Bernard is doing just fine :smug: on my dynasty bench