Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

Fire up the Hendersons?

https://twitter.com/BallBlastEm/status/1417504923944632326?s=19

Henderson may also have an injury.

It's Gurley time in LA (again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1418263386098372610?s=19

Our fantasy teams are going to get hosed by this.

Better plan to keep your added IR slots or bench space if you added them last year.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

What do people think of Hurts? His ADP is all over the place where some places have him as QB20 and others as QB8. In a 10 team Superflex keeper league I have an option to keep either Stafford or Hurts as an early 4th round pick.

Hurts is being drafted as the obvious running QB later in the draft. Unfortunately, Philly looks like it's going to be a below average team, and Vegas gives them a 6.5 win total.

I think Hurts will have to rely on below average accuracy to try and throw his way back into games late. I'd expect him to be more Jacoby Brissett then Lamar Jackson in that case.

Not sure a HC change helps him much either.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
We have a few open teams for the Chubbs and Johnsons Dynasty League.

The open teams are:
1. Andrew Luck Retirement Center
2. Team PUP List
3. :3
4. Piss Tape is Real

League is 0.5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST with 24 man rosters and 16 keepers per year.

Check out the Season 9 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937060

Post if you have any interest in joining up.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
We all realize Mixon peaked in 2018 right?

He's a fifth year RB with multiple 200 touch seasons. He already had his breakout. He's not ascending to godhood in 2021.

Just draft CEH folks.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1422224805386981380?s=19

A tale as old as time.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

Did they ever say what the injury was? Was it the plantar thing, or the linsfranc thing?

Rapaport says he's having a bone removed. I think that's the plantar injury.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/1422589447430975492?s=19

Alright, Jonathon Taylor SZN is officially canceled.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Taylor looked really good in camp too, catching everything.

I could still talk myself into him at the right price, but it feels like every day we're one step close to a Miles Sanders in 2020 type season.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Ayudo posted:

We have a few open teams for the Chubbs and Johnsons Dynasty League.

The open teams are:
1. Andrew Luck Retirement Center
2. Team PUP List
3. :3
4. Piss Tape is Real

League is 0.5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST with 24 man rosters and 16 keepers per year.

Check out the Season 9 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937060

Post if you have any interest in joining up.

Still recruiting for our goon dynasty league. Hop in the thread if you're interested.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Kelce is 32 in October. Waller may begin to see age related decline, but I don't see how Kelce isn't an even bigger risk of hitting the cliff this year.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
E: beaten like a Jags lineman.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1431742891207049219?s=19

Another knee sacrificed to the knee god.

edit: saw video of the injury. Planted foot with knee hyperextension. Can't imagine he plays this season.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 28, 2021

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Draft tonight, how much are people factoring vaccination status into draft decisions? I'm currently treating it as a tie breaker when players fall into the same tier, apparently McCaffrey is a "declined to discuss vaccination status" guy but I'm not sure it's enough to knock him from the top spot.

I'm picking second so it might not even be relevant but the guy who's first tends to do stupid stuff like take QBs in the first round.

Im trying to draft confirmed vaxxed players with my top 4 picks or $25ish plus dollar bids. After that the opportunity cost isn't so great that I care if they're confirmed vaccinated. Although I'd probably still avoid unvaxxed guys until I got down to replacement level players.

Also greatly prefer vaxxed QBs since you could have a two week hole in your lineup if they have a bad bout of covid. I think the standout unvaxxed player there is Lamar Jackson. So he still is probably worth drafting.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

That's Nick Foles' cue to go win another Superbowl.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

dkj posted:

Cam gone

If only he had gotten vaccinated. RIP.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

I don’t want to bash anyone who drafted him and I’ll preface this by saying I’ve come in last two years running in my keeper league but:

Can someone sell me on D’Andre Swift? I get he’s talented but aren’t the Lions in a real bad spot for RBs? He got taken pretty high in two of my leagues and I just can’t wrap my head around it.

He was a great prospect coming into the league that profiles like a Kamara/Ekeler space back, so the hope is he can see a ton of pass volume and parlay that into high per touch production.

The lions will be bad, but may be a six or seven win team and be drawn into some boat races late in games.

The downside is obviously the Lions could be dog poo poo and Anthony Lynn could decide Jamaal Williams needs to be on the field a ton for pass protection or plodding runs up the gut.

If you're drafting for ceiling Swift is a good bet at his price. The downside is already priced in.

E: He also suffered a groin injury like a month ago. So there's in season reinjury concern too.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 3, 2021

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1435236089686593543?t=Tves6HiHeQ8mxttBqD3ilQ&s=19

RB1 is ready to roll. (Not sure why this was in doubt).

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Huh, wonder if I'm thinking of someone else

It was Devonta Freeman.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Literally not an uncooked free agent on the market. Even Murray is like 31. Just take your pick of FAs and make a bet on health and volume if they're a Raven.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1436070439621578772?t=l7kcVNug9ye486FrkF2vrQ&s=19

Dust to dust.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1436077069881028610?t=38C3XUrxEkDzqWZIknucDQ&s=19

Don't go dropping Murray yet.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nothing. There's no guarantee he's going to be a bell cow.

You can pretty much guarantee he won't be a bell cow. I doubt the ravens know who their lead back will be out of this group past the first three weeks.

But, they've correctly surmised if you're making a backfield out of old Rbs, you better have a lot of them.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Any insight into the second man up for the niners? Hasty or the seemingly more athletic Elijah Mitchel?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
I assume Mitchell is active as a ST contributor, but he's a sixth rounder because he competed in the Sunbelt. Good coaches don't let draft capital stand in the way of who starts and who sits. (Hasty is of course a UDFA).

May just roll with the unknown in Mitchel, but I'm galaxy braining it.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 12, 2021

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/1437092194884673546?s=19

Elijah Mitchell, come on down.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Josh Jacobs reportedly has turf toe and seemed to be in pain multiple times throughout the game.

I'd be trying to sell high on him too.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Vargo posted:

I'm thinking of some waiver-wire work hoping to get Cordarelle or Rondale onto this .5PPR team:

The question for me is, who's first on the drop list?

You can decide you won't need the guys at the end of your bench in ten weeks. You're fooling yourself if you think that's true today.

Drop a defense.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I guess I have to start Hurts behind a dead OL but I don't have to feel good about it.

Hurts was one look and run down big against the Cowboys. I think the trashman can bail out his score late.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't think I'm in that league, but thanks!

Is Kadarius Toney injured at all, or is it all due to that one reporter typing the wrong name?

Think he picked up an ankle injury in game (after which he got frustrated on the bench and inadvertantly headbutted a team mate).

He's the real deal and is an obviously special athlete. He looks like who we think Shenault or AJ Brown can be with the ball in his hands.

Now whether Jason Garrett is a good enough OC to use him correctly....

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Is anyone else tired of AJ Brown and benching him this week? I can't take it anymore!!!

I'm torn on starting him. This is the week the offense can't really run through Henry, but Buffalo's pass defense is arguably better than their run defense. If Julio plays then maybe he avoids shadow coverage by Tre White.

Leaning towards starting Lockett or Toney over him in the flex.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/1449785694243770372?t=BR-7wHUgrhXnmDAXwinAIw&s=19

Bad training staffs stay bad. If he was iffy, they shouldn't have let him play.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Also Darrynton Evans just came off IR and probably won't do much but who knows

He actually almost immediately went back on IR. It's McNicholl's and AD's backfield for now. I'd assume they'll have a third warm body active off the PS most weeks since Peterson is ancient.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Does anyone have a read on Derrick gore? Is he a starter for the Chiefs? He seems to have cleared waivers everywhere, but it doesn't seem like CEH is particularly close to returning.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

There's video of his girlfriend yanking his hair and threatening to get her gun and shoot him too.

I'm sure the league will be handing down a suspension for the girlfriend too.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Go get Van Jefferson if he's out there on waivers. It's no lock OBJ is the defacto no. 2 (or even stays healthy).

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

dkj posted:

How so? The Rams paid him something like $5m for a one year deal and McVey called him to make the pitch for him to come to the Rams promising him involvement in the offense.

The bear case for OBJ: He's 29 on a one year deal coming off an ACL repair and an in season shoulder injury. He hasn't practiced with his new team, and will have to learn the play book as he goes. It probably makes sense to fit him into a down field role mid season.

Only 1.25 million is charged this year (basically the amount cleared by waiving djax).

Van Jefferson (like Henderson) is the home grown guy and he'll get the majority of the opportunity for this week at least. if he's out there on waivers you can get him for free

dkj posted:

Also how the gently caress did Woods tear his ACL? There was no practice today was there?

He tore it yesterday, and the tests came back today.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

Does anyone thing Reek will be worth his draft value? I just cannot trust Tua at all, even though on paper he should feast with Waddle and Hill.

I've got him going right around the end of the 2nd round as WR8.

Seems like a pretty fair discount for a player that's finished WR6, WR2, [redacted], and WR1 over the last four years. If Mike McDaniel is going to run a Kyle Shanahan style offense, then you would expect both WRs to be seeing easy completions in space for YAC opportunities. Chase Edmonds, Gesicki, and Cedrick Wilson don't strike me as serious threats to their targets either.

My only concerns are:
Tyreek's age (28 isn't exactly old for a WR, but it isn't young either),
Tua might be bad enough to hold everyone back,
Waddle might end up the WR1a, and
The reworked line might still be kinda bad (but probably not bottom 5 bad).

Waddle is going WR18 around pick 38 and Tua is going at QB18 according to the last time I looked at the ADP on FantasyPros. So, obviously the consensus is either way too high on Tyreek and Waddle, or way too low on Tua.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I think Reek and Mahomes’ (and maybe Kelce’s too but he could end up having an amazing season if he is the guy all year) value both really took a huge hit with that trade. I’m avoiding both of them even though I’m rooting for both of them to do well.

Honestly, this seems like the kind of situation where both Tyreek and Waddle will be going right next to each other by end of August. I'd probably take Waddle today at current ADP, but might consider Tyreek in August if the distance between the two has narrowed by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Tyreek definitely isn't Deebo, but he did play some RB in college. Honestly I'd be kind of worried if he was getting that kind of usage at 185lbs.