Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How's measurehead now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Can't remember which line of dialogue I need to take with Titus to shoot myself to make a point

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Shnakepup posted:

Started getting back into this recently. Played a couple of hours of the original and fell off for a bit, then just now started a new game for Final Cut. Really digging the additional VO work this time around. I do most of my PC gaming through a Steam Link to my TV, and it looks like another thing they added was controller support, so that's made it much easier for me to sink some time into.

Quick question. I forget the exact numbers I used but my physical stat is the lowest, and specifically having an "Endurance" stat of 1 has led to more than a few heart attacks. Other than just avoiding anything that seems vaguely physically demanding, will leveling up Endurance help that much? I put a single point into it so far (so now its a 2) but I'm not sure if that means I don't need to worry anymore or if it just means it slightly lowers the number of things that will make my heart explode.

You can use the healing items while your last health point ticks down, so once you have a decent supply of nosaphed you don't have to worry nearly as much about dying.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Watching Woolie and Reggie flub on Evrart badly is the visual equivalent of nails on chalkboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCd78w69zrw

"I'm going to just cut through this man's bullshit"

*flails helplessly against Evrart's bullshit*

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And for a lot of people complaining about the ending and the culprit: kind of a big deal is that the murder investigation is such a circuitous clusterfuck specifically because the murder came out from left field; while the victim was surrounded by obvious suspects, to the point where the Hardie Boys are happy to take the credit for it, from their perspective they suddenly had an extremely troublesome corpse in their midst and had to make up a narrative that made sense of it. Covering it up was the far better option to admitting they genuinely don't know who did it, and fully expect the authorities to take the obvious at face value- not the one cop determined and weird enough to keep grinding away at the case until the truth fell out because all other options had been exhausted.

I do like that it's also possible to Narrow down before going there that the Islet actually is the most likely place the shot came from, even if you don't have the opportunity to go there before the Tribunal happens

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Karl Urban or Michael Dorman for Harry, Andrew Koji or John Cho for Kim.

edit: wait no, Steven Yeun for Kim.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 2, 2021

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Wow, what does it change to, if anyone has a screenshot? Like...does it change to a slightly menacing version of The Expression, or something? :D

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

quote:

"In dark times, should the stars also go out?"

This line really has stuck in my mind moreso than like any other single line I've seen in a game.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Horizon Burning posted:

krz and nitw are both extremely overrated

krz i couldn't get fully into but I like nitw almost as much as I like DE

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I think nitw only works if you can identify in some way with that specific background. I don’t know small American towns or small town American people. My life as a 20-year-old wasn’t like that. I didn’t get it. It was about as fun as hanging out with a bunch of directionless angry teenagers would be in real life. KRZ is beautiful and atmospheric enough that even if you have no idea what’s going on or what it’s trying to say, you still have a good chance of enjoying it imo

Yeah, NitW really captures a certain time and place. I think it hits a lot differently if you're from that sort of dying rust belt town that's depicted. It hits home incredibly hard for me and I can see my home and my friends and family and myself all reflected in portions of it in a way that makes it a real gut punch.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Think they mean convincing the bookstore owner to call her daughter inside