Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I've been playing through the game after having fallen off of it on release. I am currently on the 3rd day (Wednesday) and having a blast. I've been focusing on a physical build but spreading points around when necessary. I am glad I waited for the game to be fully voice acted, this is one of the few games where I don't skip over the voice acting after reading the text. I find my self savoring every conversation, hoping for a skill pop up or new interesting take on things from my body. This game OWNS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Can you take advantage of not calling in your missing badge and gun? It seems like your previous partner shows up once the lock opens and you're able to go get your badge, so I assume if you call in after that point it will play out a bit differently, but I also assume the assessment at the end will razz you for not calling in or they will still know your stuff went missing and give you poo poo for not calling it in.

I think I also maybe missed some stuff regarding the cop-off So at the end it gets revealed that you originally came to town with your unit - I'm a bit confused for what that means regarding neither station wanting to take responsibility for Martinaise. The implication I got was Harry + Kim were paired together on purpose as part of the cop-off?

From what I have read you can't really successfully pretend you never lost your memory, not 100% about the badge and gun. I was planning to try a run where my Harry pretended like he knew what was going on but from what I have read online that isn't really possible.

For my first run I went with they physical prebuilt build 1 2 5 4. I am thinking about starting again and doing a 5 3 2 2 or something like a 5 4 2 1, and trying to focus on skills I didn't see much of in my first run. Would I get a good deal of new content from that, any other stat builds worth trying out?

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on my second playthrough tonight after work. I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS GOD drat GAME!

Still debating between a 4 - 4 - 2 - 2 or 5 - 4 - 1 - 2. I know I want to focus on INT for all the encyclopedia lore stuff but also want enough PSYCHE for the talking tie .

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Hmm, is it quite easy to actually gently caress up your run?

I've been putting level ups mainly into thoughts, but I've failed a few checks that have blocked things off and I'm sitting around on the second day with nowhere to go and unsure what to do.

As long as you have enough to pay your rent you should be okay. You will find other tasks that may open up a few more checks/re-open old checks along with skill ups. On day 3 the map opens up a bit more so you'll have more to do.

Read a book or your old case notes if you need to pass a little time, just make sure you have your room at the whirling paid through night 2 before spending time on misc tasks.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hello! I finally started playing this game. It's pretty great so far although I really really really hate having 20+ quests going on at the same time. One of my biggest RPG pet peeves. It's so overwhelming for me.

Anyway, I'm being very careful reading this thread because this is a game that I actually don't want spoiled. Usually I don't care as much but the fact that you start off the game knowing absolutely nothing is pretty brilliant and gives me motivation to discover things.

Ok so I have a problem. It's about 9:30pm on day one and I still can't inspect the body. I've failed 3 times and the last time I had a 92% chance. I've already added one point to endurance and now I plan on adding another one just to try again. I also finished that thought processes that gives you a boost. I feel that's 2 wasted points because that's a skill I don't care about. And it's hard to get skill points.

So did I gently caress something up or does this just happen sometimes?

Sounds like you just got unlucky and rolled double 1's which is always a fail. I've never failed that check more than once but you might be able to grab another thing of ammonia from the Fritte shop if you have money. Endurance isn't a bad skill to throw points into though since you get health from that. Might be worth wandering around to see if there is another way to open that check up.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Don't forget to keep an eye on the bonus your clothes give. Sometimes you gotta take your pants off to get ahead in life.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Wafflecopper posted:

You can re-read the case notes and they’ll still pass time

I think there is a check you have to pass before you can read through your old cases.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

I don't remember much of the OG voice acting because I stopped playing pretty early on when the game came out. When I revisited the game after the Final Cut and completed it I thoroughly enjoyed all the VA and listened to almost all the dialogue, even though I am a pretty quick reader. It helped set the tone for me and made me more immersed in the experience. Even on my second play through I find myself skipping very little of the VA.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

prayer group posted:

Just started my second playthrough, which I'm doing 6/6/6/6 style because I can't stop thinking about this game since finishing it a month ago and I'd like some closure. Already did some serious detective poo poo with the passed-out guy at the Whirling (after picking his pockets), intimidated Garte into only charging me 70 real, remembered that I'm a feminist, and got a huge amount of dialogue out of Lena I hadn't seen before. What a game.

Is there a mod that allows you to max your stats? I've been considering doing a run like this just to see some of the content I missed on my first two run throughs.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Is it possible to actually follow Kim's request of using "your unconventional approach" for the Joyce conversation? He always gets mad at me when I haven't even agreed to help Joyce with the drug trafficking Maybe I'm just clicking through to quickly and missing something?

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Doing a cheat run and I am delighted with all the extra skill interactions. I think Espirit De Corps is one of my favorite skills, all the little cop stories it tells you really add a lot of flavor and its awesome.

I asked Kim for a secret the eyebrow showdown was fantastic!

There really is just something about this game I can't get over it.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

I just finished my second playthrough.

With all the stuff going on with the OG creators and the current ZA/UM, it fills me with a deep resounding sadness that I may never experience anything like this game again.

:smith:

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Maybe all this drama is just a really elaborate ARG that will lead up to them announcing a sequel with the OG crew. :eng101:

:eng99:

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

For those looking to see as much content as possible in a 2nd or 3rd run. I can't recommend cheating enough, the amount of skill dialogue in this game is incredible and getting to hear all the little interactions between the different skills is fun. I pumped all my skills up to 20 by editing the save file and it was a blast.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

If you are going to do the cheat build go all the way and make your stats 20/20/20/20. I don't think 6/6/6/6 will see all the passive dialogue.

It can be a bit overwhelming but I did it for my 3rd playthrough and it was super fun, and you can still fail checks by rolling double 1s but it only happened to me twice.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Crain posted:

Want to share a link because I'm finding nothing via google.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/12ysbl1/sacred_and_terrible_air_full_professional/

Found it on Reddit

This link was posted a couple pages back.

e: The book

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

It is interesting that there is some checks you probably actually want to fail. Or when I was messing around, I think not throwing the ball in the water with the old men doesn't really get you much of interest, and/or actually causes you to miss out on something?

If you don't throw the ball in the water you can sell the replacement you find, I think its worth like $15.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Maybe it wouldn't be great but if they wanted to keep the same mind mechanics and character. Isn't there reference to Harry having done this "mind wipe" poo poo in the past? Could do a prequel in Jamrock or something. I don't know what a GOOD sequel would look like but drat if I don't want more of this world, setting and tone. Like REALLY bad.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Imagine missing out on The Litany of Contact Mike

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Looks like things aren't going well at ZA/UM
https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1758181170096062893

Hopefully Kurvitz and team can get their hands back on the IP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Railing Kill posted:

I started a lets play of DE for my buddies over Zoom. I'm at the controls for moving Harry around and pickup up poo poo, but otherwise I'm letting them make all the decisions be simple consensus. We're having a great time with 5-8 people at any given time being the voices in Harry's head. So far, they are absolutely committed to appearing to be a normal cop, while running around personifying neckties and mailboxes in his rich, imaginative interior life. They refuse to admit to anyone that they are amnesiac or that anything is wrong. They chose two 1's (in intellect and physique :ohdear:) and have 6 in psyche and 4 in motorics.Harry is an adept liar but doesn't understand anything regardless. He is a stupid coward and we love him like a son. :allears:

I tried doing something similar with my roommates but they weren't interested. :smith: