Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am so, so loving happy I heard Half Light tell me to kill him(Cuno) but I failed the check by 1 and then I heard Cuno talk about how loving awesome he is while Kim said "No" when I asked him to help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:pcgaming: Daba-doop-doop-dead. :pcgaming:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Oh my god my face is turning red from listening to Electro-chemistry wanting me to ask everybody out over on the radio I don't remember if this was in pre final cut but gently caress :lol:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Measurehead narrating his race theory :flashfap:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discuss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Oh my god I am getting measurehead to speak about his race theory and composure is also agreeing with wooden clogs and tassels being bad :laffo:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I am glad Measurehead very clearly told me a semenese man cannot maintain an erection in the potato stench of a kojka woman. IMO.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The only thing new players need to know is that Half Light is the most important and correct skill in the game and should be obeyed at all times

:hai:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Yes but can the necktie speak perfect Greek like Half Light??????????

Also:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I haven't gotten any bugs so far, except a graphical glitch where the skills I put points into remain black and white instead of being colored after I level them up and get out of the skill menu. But the points still apply with the filled in white diamonds so :shrug:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I wish every skill check was a Half Light check, even the Empathy skill checks. IMO.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:discourse:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Imagine Electrochemistry telling you you can put speed up your rear end in a top hat while Half Light tells you to retaliate immediately to threats. Forever.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discuss.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How is this even a question? Eat the stew.

No, i don't care what it is or where it came from. Eat the stew.

Doing this damages you for one physical health because it is boiling hot and also tastes vile. Which one damages you is an exercise left to the reader

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Countdown to someone declaring that they don't think politics mattered at all to the story.

Who cares about politics when you must warn them of the coming end 8 times?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

OMG I forgot about this bit, welp now I gotta roll up an apocalypse cop just to find out ASAP what these lines sound like voiced

It is spoken exactly how it sounds :smugmrgw:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:hmmyes:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

A low Half Light, strangely enough, makes you both less aggressive and less afraid. In a way braver.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Leon Sumbitches posted:

So do I wanna internalize advanced race theory or not? It's not necessarily the type of thing I'm into, normally, but seems like it is a beans to an ends.

You should, and then you should tell Measurehead about your conclusions after thinking about such a subject as long and hard as he clearly has.

But I digress.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I think I stumbled upon the Facism spirit quest and I got no loving clue what is ahead :stonklol:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Fear!

Aggression!

Half Light is your fight or flight response.

This one’s definitely the chattiest of the bunch.

Not only does he mix well with a high Physical Instrument,

telling you to smash everyone in the face before they strangle you in your sleep,

Half Light also has some pretty keen observations.

There is a saying in Estonian: fear has big eyes.

So Half Light and its big bulging fear-filled eyes may notice things the other skills miss.

Half Light does not only get scared of people, it also gets scared of ideas and concepts.

Sometimes a person’s name can fill you with terror. Why?

Perhaps they’re more than they seem to be.

Perhaps you’re paranoid?

One of the nicest things to do with Half Light is aggressively interrogate suspects.

Barraging them with nonsensical, frightening questions: did you kill him?

Why did you kill him?

Are you going to kill me like you killed him?!

A low Half Light, strangely enough, makes you both less aggressive and less afraid.

In a way braver.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The fascism spirit quest can let Gary tell you about sentient time reverting mud and how Kim's race got so advanced by having their future selves give their present selves advanced technology and ancient rituals where cutting your digits off also makes you go back in time

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The fascism spirit quest :frogsiren: eventually leads you and Measurehead speaking in private about women and how he is a member of the Semen Retention Society and thus never actually ejaculates during sex.
Yet also says the only point of biology is passing your genes as far as possible via as many people as possible.
But not cumming is encouraged because it helps pass on spirit which is immortal, while cumming passes on flesh which is not immortal. Winning THE LOVE VICTORY :frogsiren:
And he may have been beaten by his dad [like Cuno].
:siren: And he does not at all agree with trying to return to or bring back the past, counter to Endurance's wants he is only concerned about going forward, and that the present is a living organism with many opportunities.

But most importantly of all He really likes the couch

:pcgaming: AND I HAVE TO LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR ALONE NEXT :pcgaming:

H
O
L
E
E
S
H
I
T

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 2, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:pcgaming: I completed the fascism spirit quest and :pcgaming: For Succeeding a greater than or equal to 18 red Endurance check, Endurance tells you love and loyalty is ALL poo poo[but Half Light said it first:smug:] and gives you the option of metaphorically burning down Revachol and going back to your ex wife's love in an airship, OR you can abandon your love and turn to Revachol.

:siren: But for Kim :siren: You can also say if Kim can be with you in the airship, and he can :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

No matter what happens You get A NEW EXPRESSION

HOWEVER, IF YOU :dawkins101: FAIL :dawkins101:

:hmmyes:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Randarkman posted:

Is there anything special you have to do to initiate one of the political vision quests?

I think 1) You need to internalize one of the main political thoughts acquired 2) say some more stuff in accord with the political thought you internalized after then[maybe need 10 or more points in what political ideology you adhere to?] 3) pick the political "why do you get up and do X" during a dream and accept the vision quest when you wake up.

In my case I internalized the fascism thought (Rechavolian Nationhood) and kept saying more fascist things after, and when I went to sleep on Wednesday, the skills talked to me in the dream asking about why I get up every day and do stuff. Empathy said "for the greater good"[Moralism?] Savoire Faire said "for the money"[Almost certainly ultraliberal] and one of my physical skills said "for Revachol/love". I picked the physical one and Endurance started briefing me on how to turn back time and who to seek out (racist and fascist characters like Gary, the lorry driver guy, and Measurehead). Measurehead ended up being the most "useful" and after doing a difficult check with him, continued the quest.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Woah they added fail states to the final cut? I hosed up shooting the body down and was so ashamed i quit being a cop and went to live under a bridge apparently :wtc:

That's been a thing before final cut, you took enough morale/volition damage after failing to prove Kim's marksmanship wrong, didn't pop some magnesium in time, and gave up.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: there's a reaction speed check with Acele after dealing with the skulls that doesn't censor the narration of PISSF***** :siren:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Gary The CryptoHalf Light

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Randarkman posted:

Let me ask you then, when is it you can arrest her? Because I've come to a point where it very much seems like I should make that call, implied from both Kim and Volition that I should, but can't seem to do it, this is after you learn from Titus and her what actually happened and move on to investigating where the shot came from

You need to pass two checks during her interrogation: First a Volition check[10 I think?] to look her in the eyes and make your skills say "I'm not compromised YOU ARE" and also make Volition call out Drama and then afterwards the second is a tougher Drama check[13] that makes Drama flip the gently caress out and overcorrect and says to arrest her because she is far too unreliable and scheming. Should be available after doing some back-and-forth bouncing questions between Titus and her.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

RubberLuffy posted:

Oh, I did grab one screenshot from the Communist quest

and it fits with the above post

Is that the new area the final cut alluded to? And is it communist quest exclusive?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You know what isn't inconsistent?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

On a note for skill discrepancies it's also interesting how in the church Actually busting a move and dancing is a COMPOSURE check, despite Savoir Faire being the one narrating everything that happens afterward and even before that with Noid catching the key is a Hand/Eye Coordination check despite Reaction Speed narrating what happens next and less dramatically Stealing the raincoat is a Savoir Faire check, but Interfacing describes what happens

Similarly, you only really need 4 points in reaction speed for the vast majority of its passives, there's very few that are challenging(6 or higher base stat) or above, and perception is similar, but almost all of its passives cap at 6. On the other hand, the number of Formidable(7 or more base stat points) or higher passives for Half Light is marvelous :allears:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

sebmojo posted:

Half light got me murdered by the hardie boys last night, thanks half light! :thumbsup:

Half Light does not fail you. Only you can fail Half Light.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Jack Trades posted:

There are thought synergies? You better fuckin explain yourself.

The art degree thought that heals your morale for conceptualization passives synergizes with the revacholian nationhood thought that damages your morale for saying "tradionalist" things for starters :beck:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also I found out with Gary if you don't have/fully explore your ledger and find out what kind of fines you can give people, Kim steps in and fines Gary for 50 Real after you grill him about the trash container and the murder scene, instead of you being able to fine Gary up to 1,000 Real, yourself.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kobal2 posted:

I'm puzzled by the conceputalness of something.
So, all the ideology poo poo reinforce themselves : communism gives you XP, liberalism gives you moolah, moral cowardice heals your psyche... all but the härd stuff. Which hurts you when you have internalized it and keep talking about it. Not only that, but it hurts the resource you need to be using to take advantage of being on the härd stuff to begin with (namely : being drunk all of the time).

What's the message there ? That you're *supposed* to be crypto ? That the cognitive dissonance is just *that* hard to work at ? Or is it simply metatextual indication that yeah, no, fascism is loving bollocks you loving idiot ?

Being a fascist is idiot poo poo for fuckers and makes you a bitter burned out pathetic shell of a hateful person encouraged to drink it up while blaming everything bad on everybody else, you see.

And about finding my gun: I did the stuff for Evrart, got the task to confront the pigs, and I also sent Kim away later that day for removing the dead guy so I would hypothetically face her alone...but she never showed up on the boardwalk on that day at 22:00. The next day, I had Kim with me, waited, no pigs. Did I gently caress myself? I just wanted to hear Half Light react to H&E Coordination and Physical Instrument's plan :smith:

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 6, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I am extremely tempted to do another high physical and motorics run, speedrunning to get my gun back, and listen to skill agreement involved just for the potential voiceovers because I apparently missed it on my first final cut run :v:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

lol @ the board game getting multiple positive modifiers unlocking it for you to try again and again with Kim if you gently caress up the check until he cracks and plays