Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Great Autismo! posted:

would anyone have any interest in me writing up an effort post about the 2021-2022 university of Hawaii rainbow warriors basketball team

Yes. Sounds like good content!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I continue to read, though I don't post because lol at following Louisiana basketball.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 9, 2021

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Big oof

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

PotatoJudge posted:

Caitlin Clark of Iowa is averaging 26.5 / 8.5 / 8.1 per game as a sophomore for Iowa. She's lost her touch from 3 after shooting 40% last year she's 28% this year. In a losing effort at Michigan tonight she went off for 46 points and 10 assists. Just unreal production.

I need to watch some of her highlights.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
But your cats won, right?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Then forget the rest. Go celebrate!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

https://twitter.com/ajbrehm24/status/1493628829843304455?t=-JDEjkUq76OYOSEg3t1ccw&s=19

Proof that some of us are justified when we complain about officiating.

Only the teams in the top left and bottom right quadrants, tbh.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

elentar posted:

looks pretty safe to say Longwood will be making their first NCAA appearance, repping the Big South.

The school actually was a women's college until 1976 (Virginia generally went co-ed super late) except for a few scattered non-residential male students who formed essentially a club team. They started out in D3, moved up to D2, never really having much success—only one previous conference championship across all levels (and a lot of those years they were indepedent). Their coach is a dude who played college ball at nearby Hampden-Sydney and then was just a lawyer for a decade and a half while coaching AAU on the side.

Safe to say that a 25-win season (15-1 in conference) and an NCAA berth is pretty far and away something unimaginable even a few years ago.

That's pretty cool!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

fast cars loose anus posted:

"Had Kevin Durant and didn't make the second weekend" is an achievement that might never be topped

Dale Brown with Shaq, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, and Stanley Roberts lost in the round of 32. :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Mid-range is very much worthwhile if you have players that can shoot it! In fact, the guys who can do so efficiently off the dribble are typically the best and most dangerous offensive players. That usually means they can already shoot from 3 so you try to run them off the line, and they can score at the rim, so you try to force them to take the mid-range shot. And they can still hit it 45+% of the time? Superstar.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yeah, very sad. :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

My alma mater did something good in sports!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I like the process of Oregon State's offense in this game. It seems a lot like a typical NBA offense.

I don't like Duke's. It looks like something a conservative and overly controlling high school coach would run.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No. Is there any source other than TikTok?

E: https://baltimorebrew.com/2022/11/07/former-player-sues-coppin-state-over-alleged-sexual-assault-and-blackmail-by-coach/

Kibner fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 30, 2022

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

LET'S GO THE MOTHERFUCKING WILD CAT

:3:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Apex Rogers posted:

Maybe this has something to do with it:
https://twitter.com/thefieldof68/status/1610834003203964930?s=46&t=LZKika1GjMPOglR8J5404A

Who wouldn’t want to run through a brick wall for this angry crybaby?

Underwood’s leadership? *wet fart noise*

too many college coaches are complete assholes

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I'd be interested in seeing that chart adjusted for pace.

It's percentages, so I'm not sure what would change?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
They might be so used to it happening a lot and not having it be resolved that they don't mention it anymore and just deal with it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

good

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

elentar posted:

Abilene Christian took down Oklahoma State

My gf’s family will be happy about this

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
XPost from the NBA thread, but this was heartwarming to watch:

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1722067357760184345?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I've been liking this guy's content, for the most part:

https://twitter.com/hoopvision68/status/1724879248140214495?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This was good:

https://x.com/hoopvision68/status/1728101927022653670?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

BOO BUIE!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah

i'm not even watching this game, but i'm happy to see this lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

BUILD THE BOO BUIE STATUE

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
that loving rules

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

look who's ranked, chumps

gently caress yeah

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Declan MacManus posted:

5'11 zakai zeigler vs. 6'0 jamarion sharp

them's cp3 and garnnett maths

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Haha get hosed Izzo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RC and Moon Pie posted:

TCU's website has the box score. Ten players participated, one tearing her ACL in that game.

Like the rest of y'all, something doesn't make complete sense. Fourteen players are on the roster, but I can only find injury confirmations on two of them. Two more haven't played this year - but did play last year - and another played in a handful of games but not in a few weeks. One of the reported injuries wasn't season-ending.

I would assume most teams have a manager or two. Unless they're all male (which could be problematic) shouldn't you have a body or two there?

I think there is also some speculation about some players not meeting GPA requirements.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

mcmagic posted:

There is no game of basketball at any level where a 36-8 free throw disparity is justified.

i've seen nba games where that is absolutely deserved. usually with one team initiating contact on offense a lot and that same team playing 'ole defense on the other end

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/josh3302/status/1753644591104864550?s=20

https://x.com/herhoopstats/status/1753646054245904599?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
hell yeah

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

boo buie and ty berry went nutso from three in the first half and then mocked the celebration that tominaga did after hitting a dagger against them in lincoln every time, this is the first time northwestern players have ever clowned anyone.

love it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

wtf

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

how in the gently caress did tiny Tim Frazier end up the leading rebounder in that game???

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
go boo buie

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I will never understand coaches taking away an opportunity to play from their players with decisions like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Truther Vandross posted:

I think a lot of teams also end up losing money playing in the NIT, which is why they turn it down.

This is probably the reason.