Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Guess Jalen Wilson is coming back to KU. Bitchin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is what living in southern indiana does to a motherfucker.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rowan Brumbaugh and Rowan Brumbaugh in Spiderwick Chronicles 2.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

just came in during halftime, kansas offense looks okay, but struggling to defend the perimeter

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is the most fun I've had watching this team since the pandemic-shortened season. KU kinda rules.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

your average big ten has three thirty year olds on them

who's the annual purdue or iowa or wisconsin player that's been there for six years in 2021?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

Hoiberg bout to get popped for major recruiting violations?

How do you get a major recruiting violation and still suck that much?

I guess Hilton magic was real after all.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

TTU @ KU tonight. Expect KU to get revenge on Tech's home win, but if the defense shows and Shannon stays hot, it could be a tight one.

Tech is one of the most intriguing teams in the Big XII to me this year, a team that can beat anyone but doesn't, though I'm more nervous about the first part than the second. It's wild to me that this program loses Chris Beard and is still this dangerous.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

As a Kansas fan who grew up in Kentucky, I have Opinions about this game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

UK could be without 3 players, 2 of them key contributors. I'm not optimistic about tomorrow.

yes, but have you considered ~ewing theory~

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas almost never wins in Morgantown, so I'm pleasantly surprised we not only won but by double digits, regardless of how good this Mountaineers team is.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

:lol: gently caress Duke :lol:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly didn't know Crean had gotten another job.

His year with Oladipo wasn't the worst either, for what it's worth.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1502462591888609286

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

elentar posted:

four down in Ohio

:wow:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

every time i checked into that big 12 championship game, tech came within a point of ku or actually sprung ahead, and kansas only really won once i tuned away, so i guess i'm a reverse good luck charm or something

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Congrats, Ross, on your autobid to the Sweet Sixteen.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Poque posted:

Iowa gonna roll Kansas in the sweet sixteen

I know, and I hate it.

MorningView going to come out of posting retirement just to taunt me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

How the gently caress is Baylor a 1 seed?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Impossible, they will lose to SDSU on Saturday.

Let's Go.

You better! I refuse to enable Iowans in any joy.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Frank Martin got fired, and virtually none of the people slated to replace him seem as good as him. If a guy was able to turn Kansas State of all programs into a brief threat and then couldn't do anything for your school, maybe it's your program, not the coach, I dunno. Hope the best for Martin.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry, man. It was close. :smith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Wait, Kim English again? Am I missing something?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

Alas. See y'all in about 8 months...

One of the more fun teams I've seen over the years. I'm sorry, man. :smith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rick posted:

Never cooperate always conceal.

rock chalk

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Seton Hall almost feels a little low considering Holloway's performance. I mean, Shaka Smart got a Texas job.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

you guys know this is the basketball thread, right

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like an rear end in a top hat now, I just didn't want you guys posting in the wrong thread and people missing your posts or anything.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Gradey Dick

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Felt like the guy was coaching years ahead of what everyone else was scheming the past few years. He'll definitely be missed, and I say that as someone who groaned inwardly all the time at even the thought of playing 'Nova.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is gonna sound really weird, but the day of the championship, I was having a really poo poo day, had lost my credit card almost magically, had a dental appointment the next day I was dreading, just was super messed, and when things started going south in the game, like when Kansas first went down 7 and more, I just had to stop watching. I checked the halftime score, got even more screwed up, checked again later and Kansas was only down 7 and I had talked myself down enough to watch the rest of the game. But even watching the end, I just felt... nothing. Just was completely emotionally burnt out after the largest championship game comeback in NCAA history. Felt a lot of regret over that, but just couldn't process things until today, when I watched some footage of the final minutes, with the crowd cheering, McCormack doing his thing... and it finally broke through the burnout barrier and I finally felt joy over this year's team doing the drat thing. They really did it, didn't they? Likeable guys at that. Weird thing to share, but I dunno, basketball is cool sometimes. I hope the best for the UNC kids next year though, glad they're mostly returning, because those guys are cool too.

Anyway, back to the important programs, yeah, USI could be a basketball powerhouse especially since nearby Kentucky Wesleyan has been in a downturn and people who might've wanted to stay local might go to USI over them now, though there's probably not that much overlap, wouldn't know. Evansville should try for someone who's got some connection close by, to IU or WKU or something, getting some random person could end up like when Kansas hired Charlie Weis in football, which... yeah.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Juwan honestly is a pretty good coach, he probably should hop to the NBA soon, but gently caress taking that Lakers job, lol.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

mdemone posted:

On the other hand, if you take that job, probably no one is going to hold you responsible for the shitshow that is inevitable at this point.

I would take the job and happily get booed every night.

If you're some young gun, sure, but if your profile is fairly high up after your tenure at Michigan (minus questions about your temper), I don't think you'd want to throw away your momentum like that. If I'm some random assistant, I absolutely nab it, but if you don't want to be Fred Hoiberg'd, you probably don't.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Looking forward to getting slaughtered by Kentucky again

We're going to beat them at Rupp in revenge, I believe.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

My father is not an alcoholic, which is why he agreed to go to rehab? What?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like Gordon Gee sucking and Gordon Gee firing a drunk, racist coach are not related facts.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

They aren’t. But Gee’s not above a little bit of shame for the way he’s ran the university into the ground, including not just firing Huggins 6 weeks ago when he made another career-ending blunder (yes he doesn’t directly fire Huggins I know but he does have sway over the AD)

WVU has spent a lot of money and time trying to be taken seriously as an academic institution, particularly in research. Acquiescing to the 70 year old basketball coach undercuts that effort. University leadership is lucky that Huggins couldn’t avoid loving himself and gave them another chance

That's a fair point.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

What an insane flameout.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rick posted:

Like literal worst case scenario for me, someone who likes basketball, to be in the conference that plays the least aesthetically pleasing form of basketball in the world. I would have rather Arizona joined Overtime Elite.

Arizona didn't join the Big East though? Or the Big 10? Confused here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

I feel like this is a personal attack

D teams can be fun. Your Aztecs are usually fun. The Ben Wallace Pistons were fun. Way more fun than clockdraining. Feel no shame.