Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think they're going back to the Guess Who? Thunderdome Experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wasn't reading the live thread due to watching the match but I'm surprised i'm not seeing more talk about how good Daniel's selling was, the table bump was brutal and his twitching after the con-chair-to was disgusting.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I fully expected Roman to win. I expect he will hold the belt for at least 2 more years and I'm not even kidding. I did not expect him to pin two hall of famers at once like they were dog poo poo and that bummed me out.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

can someone please repost the jim ross tweet where they edited the kurt angle milk truck segment and he yells "it's CUM!"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte vs Rhea at mania was a really good match. I didn’t watch tonight i’m sure it wasn’t terrible it’s Asuka

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

charlotte leaning in is good, she could be an all time heel

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Iconics to AEW could be great, especially if they brought back the hand holding NXT gimmick, they were such sinister heels in a really unqiue way. Ember vs. Asuka vs. the Iconics I think is one of the best women's matches ever and a really uniquely laid out match. Joe i'd like to see anywhere. Kalisto is probably better than WWE represented him, and i've seen him have some good matches so he'd probably be good anywhere too, at least better, could be a good ROH pick up.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I bought the undertaker NFT

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Yeah money laundering makes more sense than the idea someone paid $100,000 for a JPEG.

Capitalism is fuckin weird man.

I made thousands off Dogecoin, none of this poo poo makes any sense and it's all a dream.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Also worth noting that Charlotte has told us many times that she is incredibly rich and fines like that mean nothing towards her. She'll be back conveniently in time to win MITB.

I mean people liked the Bucks when this was their gimmick

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is best as a heel. I feel like some of you just want her to not work in the wrestling business which I don’t understand even if I feel the same way about Braun.

Charlotte should move over to contemporary pop music then none of you will ever hear or see her again 😜

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mark Carrano had been a major figure there and a huge rear end in a top hat forever

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WWE doesn’t have faces or heels anymore, it’s more like loser fuckface nerds against assholes and bad people who always win

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The A&E Bios are really good

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte really doesn’t look anything like she did at Wrestlemania 36, I think she was replaced with a clone.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I love Charlotte even if she’s been replaced by an android

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wouldn't a clone look exactly like she did at Mania 36?

Not a WWE made clone

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Didn’t expect to see the anti Molly take here. She put up with years of bullshit, she deserved her moment however long she wanted it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If we had got this Roman around Mania 31 the entire business would have been in better shape, he could have done it. Keeping Roman a face for 7 years has to be the worst booking decision this century

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Daniel and Roman had one of the best matches in Smackdown history

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I noticed today that even though he's a heel and does lovely things, Cole must be under orders to not use any negative adjectives about him. It's always "confident", "decisive" etc. I'd bet my last dollar they will try to turn him face long before he gets beaten by anybody for that title.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is Cole still a "heel" commentator? I don't mean "heel Cole", I mean is he the one that sides with the heels and against the faces?

Coz that could explain it.

Nah he usually is a “voice of the audience” guy who basically espouses the company line

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I listened to the 2 hour warrior shoot at work just to see his side and if you separate his horrific views of everything in the world outside of wrestling with everything pertaining to wrestling he was basically right, he was right to hold Vince up for money and he was right to not participate in their cultish, dopey locker room culture. Even his WCW failings were more the failings of cowards like Bischoff and Hogan, it's obvious that Warrior was willing to listen to management as long as he was paid what he felt was fair, he even listened to a writhing little worm like Pritchard who produced his promos when he was in WWF. Bischoff and Hogan were passive aggressive cowards who were afraid to tell him to dial it back so he didn't.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 3, 2021

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Which way did the Rose get shoved up his rear end stem first or bud first? Stem would be much more aesthetically coherent, not sure why you'd shove a rose up a man's rear end bud first. There was a movie about this once it's called Citizen Kane.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I liked Smackdown recently but I won't be watching anymore because Bryan isn't on it. RAW is the worst pro wrestling show of all time and among the worst television shows of all time by now, there are no stars, there are no angles, there are barely matches.

It's just hole and rear end all the way up and down

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Whenever I see Lilly I just think of the Quiznos rats

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m pretty sure WWE’s thinking is to intentionally lose all the kinds of fans they hate the most, the vocal contingent that might reject their booking and they don’t care if it takes decades to replace them all with people who are children right now. I feel like they see NXT as a way to corral those people while still getting their money, and they don’t care if the rest quit watching or watch AEW because no matter what they’re going to constantly make money long after we’re all distant memories.

They probably want AEW to have any talent they don’t see as a potential sycophant because in their mind having talent around who might buck the system is dangerous and they feel those talents will eventually sink AEW like the NWO did WCW, but wrestlers now enjoy the art of wrestling and the NWO mostly enjoyed money and being in politically powerful positions.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW and WWE's women's division are tied for me right now as far as big matches. Bianca vs. Sasha was one of the best Wrestlemania main events ever, and a match that would get over in any era of wrestling. Britt vs Rosa was one of the better hardcore matches i've ever seen and a big moment for AEW. If you don't watch any weekly WWE TV the matches are mostly pretty good if they don't involve the Fiend, but things could be changing with Johnny Ace back, I hope not!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shayna Baszler posted:

wrestlers just look like regular people now. it sucks.

Yea it’s a big reason why NXT isnt for me when it comes to the mens division

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can I do the Smackdown recap for this thread tomorrow

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

drat, they set the business back to it’s cultural peak, dumbasses

to be honest the best war games match I ever saw besides the dangerous alliance one that is monumental was the women’s NxT one. AEW’s wasn’t quite top five for me, it’d be probably the 6th best i’ve seen. It was still a very good match and the MJF moment was iconic. WWE is tripping and jealous even though they’ve done it better recently, probably because they don’t consider what those women did because it was a top 3 war games ever easily.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 10, 2021

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I've been thinking about the decline of wrestling in the early 2000s and how it's blamed on many different things, Stone Cold turning heel, the mishandled Invasion etc, but I think i've stumbled on a bigger reason and the reason I haven't seen it mentioned much is because for decades WWE has written their own history and wrestling journalists were pretty poo poo until a few years ago and many of them are still poo poo so they just towed the line and repeated the narrative.

The main reason WWE booked itself into a losing situation with heel Austin is because they genuinely thought that the Rock was going to fail in Hollywood and be back within 6 months. Everthing they booked is based around this and it took them over a year to realize the Rock wasn't coming back in any full time capacity ever again. They had no top guy waiting, and they pushed no one as a definitive top guy that entire time because they were so loving dumb thinking, and hoping the Rock would fail in Hollywood, maybe because Hogan did, but Hogan is a total loving moron who only appeals to other moron's and the Rock had charisma and was humble from all accounts in his early acting days which lead to him becoming tight with that industry and getting more opportunities. They really had so much confidence and self hatred that they thought breaking out of their little bubble was impossible and they never even tried to have a plan B, and it killed their momentum for good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I feel like a lot of Rock's success in Hollywood was him either having a really good instinct for picking scripts or having a really good agent to do it for him.

Also he was given glowing recommendations by every director he worked for which goes a long way in Hollywood

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is pretty and a very nice person

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they already made it impossible to learn the truth when you google "wwe bad"

They attempted to do this to submission sorority too, always trying to shut down the little guy

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey for those of you thinking of catching any NXT clips, avoid the Raquel/Mercedes match. The audience poo poo all over it. It was a very sloppy match with the facade of being physical. Raquel forgot to sell during several spots as well.

I'm not going to watch it but frankly I've seen you say things like this and it not be true. Also how did the audience poo poo on it when there isn't an audience unless there was a NXT trainee revolt. I also wish Io was the champion still because she's great, and I don't care about Raquel/Mercedes etc. I like Shotzi though, and Ember...if she's in NXT still.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pylons posted:

They have a small crowd in the CWC.

Of real people not employees? that’s news to me so sorry Darkstar

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

https://streamable.com/ffw42j

Hit Row seems so cool.

They'll be split up before main roster or 3 months into main roster like sanity.

This is awesome and I refuse to qualify it with predicting something negative. Great poo poo. The rapping bit was actually great and not corny and straight out of 05.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

I'm still butthurt about Sanity and The Hurt Business

Hurt Business was the most promising faction in WWE in decades, they super hosed that one up. I'd like to think that if we weren't in COVID hell the crowds would have elevated them to a place where they couldn't be broken up that way. Total loving waste of amazing talent and their look was awesome, it was like everything Evolution tried to be but they wore it so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

I have disengaged with WWE in every way that could give them any kind of number. But the mere fact that it exists and it prospers sticks in my craw.

They’re going to outlive us all, best to clear your craw friend.