Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Will coward Vince be a coward or will he give new Jack the ten bell salute he deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

Why do some people flip the bird with their thumb sticking out like that

Vince and Shane did it like that and I always thought it looked cool for some reason

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

I doubt he would do that. his father murdered three people (two children) with the spinning blades of a helicopter, and got away with it.

:thejoke:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Samoa Joe in 2021 doesn’t bring anything to AEW that isn’t already there

It’s tragic that he missed out on getting to be in AEW back in 2005 or so

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

2nd gen, I should be clear. :v:

Joe's too smart and too good to not bring something. Manager, commentator, coach, whatever, he's a guy you find a place for.

That's the thing, though, anywhere he comes in, he displaces someone else. On a show that's overflowing with talent to the point that they are already wasting folks, I'd rather let Joe stay in NXT and do his thing being an authority figure and pulling a paycheck to wear a suit on TV. If it were 2005 S'Moe Joe coming into AEW and kicking Lance Archer out of his spot as third-best monster, I'm down, but post-TNA stairs bump Joe might as well rest up and feather his nest egg with WWE money.

Take WWE for all it's worth until something changes there, or AEW gets a second show.

Edit: I will admit defeat on commentary, though. Joe in as commentator would be pretty great.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
the powerbomb spot that is supposedly devastating and killed Dominic and was gonna kill Rey looks like a standard cage match spot and doesn't do a single thing to impress me

I think hitting the cage and bouncing off makes it look LESS impressive

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They invented a big match ending spot that looks a thousand times shittier and less impactful than a simple table spot

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
are y'all absolutely sure you're talking about the right person? Because Kona Crush making a return would be way more interesting

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karma Tornado posted:

weird that the famous control freak who rewrites the live show in progress is never the one who comes up with the really stupid poo poo, somehow

Because in this case the person humiliated themself for him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Saying the world "wrestle" in front of Vince would've gotten her fired immediately anyway

if she said "i sports entertain for fun", she'd have been punished for being a suckup and a mark

The only way to win a conversation with Vince is a cheap shot to the throat or nuts and then run off shouting "I win!"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I would tell Vince that I enjoy recreational cocaine and receiving lap dances from strippers.

what are your feelings on steroids

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
the thing that never makes any sense to me about this, on the part of AEW or WWE, is that these resources are out there. There are cosplayers and cosplay clothing makers that could whip out a thousand times better of a mask toiling away on Etsy. There are people making fan remixes and fan tribute songs for WWE wrestlers that they could just hire to make themes for them. All it would take is for these big companies to reach out to this person and say "hey want a job", and yet, they bring out poo poo like this.

If these billion dollar companies can swing a big business dick, do it right.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

The gently caress is a diamond mine

ddp's stable when he was a manager in '91

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

when you’re playing a wrestling game and realize it doesn’t have a limit on how many poses you can string together in the create an entrance and you make a really really long one to annoy your opponent

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

It's easy to go "Lol, this is what happens when you remove the smoke and mirrors from the smoke and mirrors guy" but...why would you remove the smoke and mirrors from the smoke and mirrors guy????

Vince didn’t make him

Vince must destroy him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

At this point 1.3 million by christmas might be too generous of a prediction

It's like they're trying to see how low they can get ratings before they sell which is a bold business move but they fail upward into record profits each year so who am I to judge their strategy

1.0 by Christmas.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RealFoxy posted:

No shot. WWE will hover around 1.25-1.50 until next Wrestlemania unless they pull miracles off like CM Punk, The Rock, Brock Lesner or John Cena where they can get bumped up to a 1.7

We'll see. :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

short of killing someone live on network television, I'm not sure what else WWE can do to stop the bleeding.

book good storylines and treat their talent with respect, while also not talking down to or insulting the audience

and while I'm asking for impossible things, fire kevin dunn so the camera shots stop being terrible

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

does tickets distributed mean sold, or tickets given away for free?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

You see it's like how if you just got a job waiting tables you'd have bought a house and paid off your student debt by 25, why are you so goddam lazy?

wait, has the world massively changed or something since the 1970s?

Crazy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Who is ECW

id interactive

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
robert roode was good imo as the dependable one of beer money, and that's probably more just me liking cowboy james storm

him being with ziggler makes a lot of sense but god drat do they have the worst tag team name

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
wwf royal rumble for the dreamcast

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
reminiscing about the dreamcast gets more positive interaction than wwe

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DogsInSpace! posted:

. I still think Aleister Black's theme was banging as was Nakamura's original and Finn Balors

IIRC, all of these modern themes you listed were by cfo$ and wwe didn’t want to pay them anymore

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DarkstarIV posted:

It's funny you mention this, because I remember a year or two before Sarray moved to the US she mentioned how much she was struggling to learn English, and had started a YouTube channel in hopes of learning English and reaching out to fans. She only uploaded like a few videos though because people ended up being huge loving dickheads towards her in a Q&A, making fun of her struggling to learn English.

But yeah, the ceiling for Japanese talents in WWE right now is the lowest its been in awhile. Akira Tozawa is currently feuding over the 24/7 title, and both the RAW and NXT Women's titles are held by women who have borderline negative levels of charisma and presence. And then you have Asuka constantly losing week in and week out and losing whatever is left of her credibility when she's losing to increasingly shittier and shittier gimmicks. I saw someone post a picture of where she was just last year, and she was the RAW Women's Champion feuding with Bayley and Sasha. And now she's losing to pretty much everyone on the main roster. Worst part is there are people out there actively defending it, because they seriously think it's leading to some sort of big heel turn when in reality its more likely Vince and/or Bruce just got bored of her. This is why I'm glad neither Io or Sarray are being called up any time soon.

As an aside it's interesting this is all coming up now that Stephen A. Smith is making headlines for his dumb as gently caress remarks about Asians in sports.

I realize that this may be a dumb question, but has anyone ever heard of WWE hiring a Japanese-to-english language instructor specifically to help these wrestlers learn? Is that a thing that happens? It seems like it should be, and same with the Mexican wrestlers. That and acting coaches, to help all wrestlers learn how to try to make the terrible backstage segments written by washout sitcom writers be slightly less bad

Except WWE doesn't want to spend money, right, right...

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 13, 2021

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to be possibly belabouring my point.

But when you have the company that thinks that Cesaro and Kevin Owens, (both of whom speak perfect idiomatic English), talk funny, and that the IIconics and Buddy Murphy, (for whom English is their mother tongue and speak it at a native level), have too much of the stink of "foreigner" about them, then the deck is truly and honestly stacked against poor Sarray, and other non-English speakers.

Also, forcing her to do an interview where the interviewer rattles off a lot of garbled, native speed, idiom filled rapid fire questions at her in a language she barely understands, so that her only choice is to answer in 2 or 3 word sentences, ("Sarray sad" "Sarray want fight Toni Storm." etc.), is putting her in an awful position where she is bound to fail.

Because what I want to say is this is a cyclical spiral against her. Because forcing her to do that promo makes her look bad in the eyes of the boss, "look at that foreigner! Nobody will ever want to cheer for her.", it also makes her look bad in terms of the fans "That was a horrible speech, she can't talk at all. I don't care about heror her character." which leads to the cycle of punishment/de-push leads to getting less over leads to a greater de-push leads to getting less over leads to more punishments etc.

All the while, a woman who is working hard to first learn and THEN perform in a very difficult second language, is probably being yelled at every day that the reason she advancing in her career is because she can't speak English. Destroying her confidence and making it harder for her to learn and/or practice speaking a 2nd language in public.

All of which could be easily avoided by 1)giving her help support in language learning, 2)not forcing her into having to deliver promos until she is ready to do so, and/or 3)just get an interpreter, or have one of the thousands of generic dudes in suits pretend to be an interpreter on TV for her.

All of this poo poo doesn't just apply to Sarray or Japanese wrestlers. It is relevant for all non-English speakers. I just thought of it because of how blatant it was in that one promo clip I saw.

imagine if wwe was a sane company that would have the wrestlers who sucked at wrestling learn how to wrestle better, the wrestlers who suck at promo learn to promo better, and the foreign wrestlers learn how to communicate in English more easily, all with actual instructors, coaches, speech pathologists and the like coming in to help. Imagine if they had actual movement scientists and the like working in the performance center to help keep people from just blowing out their shoulders/knees all the time down there, like they do

Imagine if the company spent money reinvesting in their own performers, giving them the best possible chance to succeed

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure what this "long term" thing is, or why you think anything like that would ever matter

This is a week to week business, pal

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
gently caress's sake

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
at this rate, wwe is gonna wind up with a TNA-like list of "We just need"

we just need heel roman
we just need brock back
we just need keith lee
we just need daniel bryan back
We just need Cena

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh my good god does Otis look terrible, and I cannot believe how bland Chad Gable looks now

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Watching MITB and the men's MITB Ladder match was fun, but that Roman Reigns AR graphic is some whack rear end poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaFhMB6Hy9A

I remember trying to argue in favor of how cool this song was at the time but this video is the dog's buns, and so is AR Roman

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

what comments, that omega has better drip than rollins?

because lol if so

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seth Rollins and Bobby Lashley getting really, really mad to Jeff Hardy that Matt said Omega was better than them

How could he be better, his show doesn't even break 1 mi-

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The new trademark reminds me of when Corey Graves started his podcast and lectured fans on the proper way to criticize things.

If there is a single person in the wwe I take my life lessons from, it’s the fellow with “stay down” tattooed on his knuckles

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just want to know if Kross is gonna be on raw to job again next week, because I will lol if that’s the case

Get your Ed Norton in American history x rear end out of here, your gimmick is a goth mike kanellis

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Long-Time Lurker posted:

WWE stans aren't wrestling fans, they're Vincepilled cultists of the fed. Hell, sometimes they even hate the wrestlers there as much as the senile old man.

It really does say something when you check out the people making GBS threads on AEW constantly, and they always have something in their profile about being a WWE fan. Not a wrestling fan, a WWE fan.

It’s gonna be a long time before the damage he did to this entertainment media fixes any of the brainworms. Maybe after the NBC buyout, some of those folks will fall out of the cult, because Vince gone.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kunabomber posted:

The WWE belts are secured with Velcro too :lol:

Say what

Are there really just a bunch of ugly Velcro pads on the backs of the straps?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

He can't afford to buy sexy clothes right now

Sexy is as sexy does, all he needs is a button up shirt to undo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I've always thought that Harrison Ford would be the right actor to portray Vince McMahon

How dare you say such things about Harrison Ford