Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, I really, really hated that show.

gently caress night 1 for making me let my guard down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't watch Raw and I thought the WrestleMania match loving stunk, but I'm not gonna hold too much against Rhea or Asuka for a match that was gonna end with HEEEEERE'S CHARLOTTE anyway not being that good.

SonicRulez posted:

Sometimes two great wrestlers just don't have chemistry. I remember Styles and Owens had like a 3 PPV program and not one of them was above ok.

The first one had a meh countout finish right when it was getting going, the second one ended in some incredibly bizarre botch, the blowoff at SummerSlam was pretty good except for all the Shane stuff.

They had a fun TV triple threat with Jericho that I think goes down as Jericho's very last WWE match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol oh yeah. And he deeply deeply regretted it basically immediately.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Reality Protester posted:

Maybe he'll come here to pursue stardom on the grandest stage in the world, the wwe universe

Can he bring Dick Togo with him?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

As annoying as they have become I do not wish WWE on EVIL or Dick Togo

I'm gettin' there.

Ospreay first, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

StarkRavingMad posted:

In pretty much every intergender match that Penta does, he loses to or takes a near fall from a Canadian Destroyer. It's really funny, he seems to be proud of being able to "take" a Canadian Destroyer from anyone. In the gauntlet match he did in LU, the backstage story was that he taught Io Shirai how to do it. Everyone was wondering how since neither of them spoke much English at the time (and he sure doesn't speak Japanese), but I guess she knew a little bit of Spanish, enough to understand the concept of "jump on my back and hang on real tight."

In AEW, there's instances where Penta will lose to a Destroyer from someone whose finisher is absolutely not a Destroyer (like Fenix) or somebody who never does one will bust one out against him (Cody).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Free Nakamura and Tommy End. Make me happy for once you vile, wretched people.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So does Mojo have anything? He's got a good look and he's obviously not hurting for effort or energy. Is there any actual like. Talent or charisma there?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

He's not doing pandemic shows and his contract expired but both sides are expecting to resign as soon as WWE's touring again

Khan is gonna offer Brock a giant sack of money, if only to make Vince triple it.

Also I liked MoS and BvS. I understand I'm the only one. It's a tough burden being right all the time.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 17, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I was trying to hedge on this by being all "eh Apollo gets to embrace his heritage on TV, that's cool, y'know...."

gently caress that. gently caress this. This is a loving cartoon. I hope a loving truck hits Vince and Bruce Pritchard.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

is pepsi ok posted:

That Apollo poo poo is indistinguishable from early 90s WWF.

Trying to say the guy that we JUST loving SAW on Raw less than a year ago (and then even earlier that that in the Greatest Royal Rumble) is a loving Nigerian Guard or whatever is like.

I don't know if I'm more offended by the racism or insulted by the lovely writing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It sounds like Heyman already liked her but that is 100% the kind of thing that would endear you to him. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So to try and get to as much the opposite of this godawful garbage they've saddled Apollo with as possible.

Big E.

It just me or did he feel like a motherfucking capital-S Star during his entrance at Mania?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean people liked the Bucks when this was their gimmick

Yes. The Bucks are better than Charlotte.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Charlotte's been actively godawful in the ring for like two years now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte is best as a heel. I feel like some of you just want her to not work in the wrestling business which I don’t understand

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shayna Baszler posted:

alexa bliss hasn't been good since she had that series of concussions that wiped her mind like an old hard drive

She wasn't any good before that either.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Goldberg squashing the Fiend loving ruled.

Goldberg squashing Owens kind of ruined WM33. But also it basically led to the creation of AEW? So, thanks Goldberg.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will say, Seth would've flopped as the top babyface anyway because he's such a tool, but man, like four months of feuding with Corbin, then getting cashed in on by Lesnar, then that Fiend poo poo. He never had a chance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Seth is a really great worker. It's easy to forget now but the whole reason he ended up as Raw's top guy is he spent a year tearing it up in a run of awesome matches. It's just as soon as they put him in that role they booked him like rear end cause WWE doesn't know how to book babyfaces and then he showed his whole rear end on Twitter and welp, what'cha gonna do?

Seth was hot as gently caress as IC Champion, then they did that loving Ambrose feud and it cooled him off basically immediately.

...and then right after that, he won the Rumble.

And I dunno if this is just me but after the Rumble, all I could think of was how badly Balor should be the one challenging Brock at Mania, not Seth.

God, he's so pathetic.

Lamuella posted:

NXT: 841k, 0.23 in 18-49, ranked 27th.

As is this number!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nuts to you guys, the Demon was cool and is nowhere near as loving lame as the Fiend.

Rarity posted:

After their RR match Mania should have been Brock vs. the Demon

Absolutely.

I'm just gonna say it, Brock vs. Balor > both the AJ and the Bryan match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JOHN CENA posted:

the guys worked for the same mind warping company for 11 years. the same company that told him no you cant wrestle your brain is too broken to do so, until his contract was almost up last time then he was miraculously cleared to wrestle just weeks before wrestlemania. then the guy is wrestling in front of no fans for a year. the guy is obviously gonna be mentally conflicted on what he wants to do. he's only human and im sure theres a struggle of wanting to go wrestle in mexico and japan but also wanting to be able to provide comfortably for his family and not have to think about booking his own dates, handling his own merch, etc

Yeah they'll be starving if Bryan doesnt re-sign.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man is it just me or is "sending people their poo poo in a trash bag" really, REALLY low on the list of bad crap WWE has done? In some cases, to these very people in question!

I kinda don't get why this is blowing up or why WWE is falling over themselves so aggressively when they normally just don't give a poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao wait a sec.

Was Carrano above Lauranitis?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Just below.

Okay, I thought it might've been Johnny Ace trying to scalp the guy above him but instead it's just everybody getting rid of a guy that was redundant with Johnny Ace coming back. Got it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Psychepath posted:

This says they gave Laurinaitis a new job title specifically to slot him above Carrano so they could fire him for any minor grievance and probably not promote anyone back to his position. Absolute scapegoat poo poo.

https://twitter.com/robblatt/status/1385420583194841089

Okay, this makes 1000% sense to me now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

Mickey James has quite a legacy. Doing a storyline about being fat without being overweight, doing a storyline about being old (another great alexa bliss feud) while being younger than john cena and aj styles who I think was the champ at the time, then being released and sent a trashbag.

Mickie James was younger than Kane, who was main eventing the next PPV at the time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

This might have been mentioned, but firing someone and sending them their poo poo in a trash bag is basically going out of your way to be a dick in the most petty way imaginable. It feels like genuine psycho poo poo to me because there can't really be any reason behind it besides pure cruelty.

Yeah it makes more sense to me now, I can get why Mickie is hosed off, particularly after she got fired for no loving reason.

And WWE's response makes 1000% sense to me now. I will bet any amount of money that Laurainitis is the one who is actually responsible for this and they just put it in Carrano cause they wanted to fire him anyway and they just kept him around until he could be a useful heatsink.

And apparently Carrano's a piece of poo poo anyway so nobody feels bad for him! Masterstroke from HHH and Johnny Ace tbh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Roman Reigns turns down Cesaro's request for a title shot, then offers Bryan one for next week; if Bryan wins, he's Universal champ, if Bryan loses, he's gone from SD. Bryan accepts

So.

- Reigns wins, Bryan goes to Raw or NXT
- Reigns wins, Bryan is taken off TV until his contract expires.
- Reigns wins, they just ignore the stip.
- Bullshit non-finish 1: Jey attacks Bryan for the DQ
- Bullshit non-finish 2: Edge attacks one or both guys
- :lol: Bryan wins :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1385691465280524288

WWE tried to get mad at Snoop and in response he doubled his price on them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

:shakes guy 1's hand: "good morning" :shakes guy 2's hand: "hello" :fist bumps and dabs down guy 3: "sup playa hows it hangin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nopWOC4SRm4

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Golden Bee posted:

Virk is so bad at commentary he’s trending on Twitter, congratulations new guy.

Nick Khan seems like a very smart guy who knows what he's doing, but Virk is one of his hires and, hm, nope.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

For those curious, WWE has introduced lovely jumpscares to the Alexa/Lilly stuff now.

Also the Charlotte suspension story went absolutely nowhere other than her getting unsuspended and then winning a match completely clean tonight with absolutely no followup to it.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1386848891296010242

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-mcintyre-strowman-vs-t-bar-mace-339786

Braun Strowman defeats Mace and T-Bar by DQ in a handicap match after the ex-Retribution members won't stop kicking his rear end in a corner. Postmatch Drew McIntyre comes out to make the save
Mace and T-Bar defeat Braun and Drew via countout when Drew barely misses making it. Postmatch Braun slams Drew, angry he's a loser again because of something out of his control
Braun defeats Drew after Lashley tries distracting the ref to help Drew win, but T-Bar and Mace distract Drew. Lashley defends against Braun and Drew in a triple threat at Mania Backlash

Absolutely textbook burying everybody by trying to protect everybody and push everybody simultaneously.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

it has come to my attention that AJ and Omos, the raw tag team champions, have not been seen on the show since wrestlemania. do what you'd like to with this information.

Do they not even trust Omos to stand there while AJ cuts a promo or something?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

I thought that was Neville. Whatever happened to that guy?

He works for AEW under the name PAC. He's currently in a trio with the Lucha Bros.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Looking forward to the maudlin WWE 24 in ten years about Miz getting domed by a tomato.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

No I'm doing a bit

MY bit was no-selling YOUR bit. :mmmsmug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So am I misreading this or is she basically saying

"Yeah, I don't fuckin' wanna sign here but literally nobody else will have me, so. Whatever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I've held out hope for years, with no end in sight, that WWE would die and yet they keep getting increasingly more money, so I'm really in no position to think I'm not stupider than them at this point

I mean, it might get stripped for parts and sold off to Comcast by an opportunistic sports agent who showed up and outcarnied all the carnies, if that makes you feel better.