Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

itd be a halfway decent gimmick if they were actual mall goths walking out to the Cure in tripp pants but theyre just lame generic wrestlers who wear black eyeliner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Its not even really a mashup, Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama both have the same progression in the same key (D > C > G)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

stuff like GCW is safe the WWE will never have a hardcore/deathmatch belt

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

mcafee most recently was whining that a football player who is swinging helmets at other football player's heads should not be at risk of punishment because they were doing it in a pre-season practice rather than the regular season

tbf thats literally the NFL policy on preseason, they don't suspend/punish stuff that occurs during the preseason scraps

(I obviously disagree with the NFL rule)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

tbf he didn't do any "actually," like that and went with making fun of the idea of anything bad happening to him because of how awesome he is

i didnt read/watch what he actually said, I was just clarifying that it was the NFL policy and even specificed I didnt agree with it

I never accused you of mischaracterizing anything i dont think you did that. I hate McAfee too lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no worries! i can see how it could seem like i was defending him but im def not

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Drakkel posted:

This looks like something you'd see in a sitcom episode where the main characters somehow get roped into doing a wrestling match and they have no idea what they're doing but somehow win

This post reminds me of the Always Sunny episode with Roddy Piper where Frank wins the match by throwing a trash can at Cricket and slicing his neck open lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

seeing that Reigns didn't lose a title makes me glad I didnt watch it live

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

all i want is for them to bring DX back. The whole idea of DX literally being the bosses of the company now has so much potential when you think of all the fun kafaybe stuff.

I know HHH and Shawn can't wrestle but they could get some wrestlers to represent DX in the ring (call em the Degeneration neXt) and have crazy fun storylines*

*this post was made by the nostalgia portion of my brain

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

the way roman talks on twitter makes him sound like he's really up his own rear end about this needle mover head of the table thing and that's hilarious because he's the only guy wwe has pushed since cena so of course he's got a record breaking championship reign

acknowledge me as the scripted champion for a fake sport for too long because the company has nobody else to take my place

My problem with Roman is that he doesnt have a gimmick to make him an interesting gimmick character and he doesn't have the personality/showmanship to make himself interesting as a character.

I think he's a great wrestler and technically impressive and I think he deserves credit for getting where he is today. But he is just committing the biggest sin a wrestler, especially a hell, can commit which is being BORING

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I agree with everything you say, but would make a small nit-picky change.

I would change "boring" to "joyless"

Roman is no fun. I know that's his character, but there is a way to play the "Grr, Arrgh, I am a serious angry boi" that is entertaining and fun. Roman Reigns does not have the charisma to do that.

Very well said, that's exactly it i couldnt quite put my finger on it. By this time im just burned out on him but hed be much more tolerable if he had an actual attitude

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Boujie and Badass makes me think more of Boosie Badazz than it does Bad and Boujee, which I assume is the opposite effect

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

at this point i dont even care about the match or who gets the new belts just please give the titles to someone else

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hirez posted:

hmmm. no.

Acknowledge me.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Surprised Tony Khan hasnt started marketing AEW as wrestling entertainment

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what they didnt reveal is its a 200 light tube and gussett plate barbed wire deathmatch

source: HHH revealed it to me in a dream

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE doesn't have anyone nearly as cool as Jun Kasai and El Desperado to do a deathmatch

they would if they responded to my Nick Gage vs. Nick Cage vs. Nick Cave triple threat deatmatch suggestion emails

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Finally, a man worthy of defeating roman

EDIT: I'm not sure how to make the image smaller/expandable, sorry it's so big

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

logan paul being the one to finally defeat roman would be perfect and I hope they do it

I'd agree except I don't really like how he got pushed so fast because of his celebrity power moreso than his technical wrestling/character (not to say he isn't talented, but he certainly wouldn't be where he is without his last name). I feel the same way about Rousey.

His older brother Jake is actually a decent boxer who takes the sport seriously, but again, he's selling out PPV's bc of his celebrity not his talent and while I appreciate the income/interest it generates, it does make me worry that wrestling (or in Jake's case, boxing), will start promoting celebrities over the dudes who have worked their entire lives towards getting into WWE/another combat sport promotion.

Imo Jake and Logan should have had to start at the bottom of boxing/WWE respectively, but I understand their $$$ making power pushes them up.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Roman got pushed to the moon before he was ready. It’s all fake and built on nepotism I’m sorry.

"but Roman got pushed too" does not negate anything I said.

"That's the way the industry is". I know, that's why I want it to change.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Those are all good points. It's kinda silly of me to expect meritocracy from sports enterainment as opposed to a sport. I think my point still applies to Jake, however.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

It's not however silly to wish for it.
Spectacle over meritocracy kinda sucks

For sure, I agree. I think my problem is less wirh Logan Paul specifically, as I said he's actually talented, but more concern that the trend of enlisting celebrities rather than building up one's own roster/character will become a larger trend.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You should look at wrestling that isn't WWE and you'd find what you're looking for.

Oh yeah I'd say about 70% of modern wrestling I watch is indie, I was just complaining about the WWE specifically. I'm lucky to have a great indie scene near me.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I agree especially since Taker and Mankind already did "thrown off the top of the cage" so iconic that anyone else doing it will be seen as a copy/lesser version, so might as well keep em inside the cage for the "you cant escape!" vibe

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Either Nash or Foley was talking on a podcast about how you never want your character to be an occupation (remember Isaac Yankem?)

I was rewatching Razor vs. IRS and it's really true. The wrestling is fine but there's just no real heat or interesting bc "IM THE IRS PAY YOUR TAXES" is as boring as sin.

Undertaker is the only "occupation' character I can think of that works but I also think he's an occupation character in name only.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hot Topic is still around but has leaned into pop culture a lot more

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Oh im sure he took quite a few bumps before

edit: beaten

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The_Rob posted:

This is the worst shirt I’ve ever seen.

its the only piece of merch ive ever seen that i would actually spend money if they promised NOT to send it to me

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I don't like it on the principle of encouraging storylines through social media, I wanna be able to follow everything by just watching the shows not having to follow social media too. Obviously this is a small irrelevant thing but I fear it'll encourage more.

Then again maybe I'm just refusing to face the reality of the world we live in and how entertainment has evolved.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

The resolution to every single clue so far is “here’s the song again now watch the next episode of Raw/Smackdown”

There’s no story being told unless the TV Guide counts as a story too.

Kvlt! posted:

Obviously this is a small irrelevant thing but I fear it'll encourage more.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

bartok posted:

I remember really getting into the Cloverfield ARG and that ended with a mediocre monster movie featuring the world's most annoying cameraman, TJ Miller.

has there ever been a good payoff to an ARG

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

LEAK: Seth Rollins will guest referee Oliveira vs. Makhachev at UFC 283

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

is Extreme Rules free if you have peacock or is it that you can buy the PPV through peacock?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Taker is doing his Deadman show in Boston the night before Survivor Series in Boston. Can someone please dash my hopes for me before they get too high.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Power Windows posted:

Boston in November sounds miserable

as a Boston native its actually one of the nicer months of the city tbh

dont mean its good, just better than the rest

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

So Bray is really supposed to be at Smackdown, right?

i was just googling if hes gonna actually do anything or just make a brief appearance but from everything im seeing he will be there

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it would even be a brief appearance or just a video package.

Yeah I normally only watch RAW but im tuning in tonight to see him

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bummer that The Munsters didn’t work out but I’m glad Rob Zombie is landing on his feet in wrestling production.

my avs time to shine

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Tank Ledger will take the belt from Roman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

why doesnt Paul simply tell covid to suck it and expel it from his body? its a work. Paul is transforming into Tank Ledger.