Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So tonight, heels won every single match except for Sami/KO.

And heels now hold almost every single title in WWE outside of the NXT Tag Titles (held by MSK) and the SD Women's Title (Bianca Belair). It's like WWE waited for this exact moment to gently caress every babyface over. They must have been going through massive heat withdrawals.

I can see it being some kind of misguided hook on having all these villains win, how will our heroes come back and win, but they never loving build up any dedicated faces and it's almost always 50/50 booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Rhea and Asuka just never kicked into gear. They've both had better matches and are both really good, but sometimes stuff doesn't click. It was fine, just a little disappointing.

It's definitely the Shinsuke vs Styles WM disappointment match as someone said earlier.

So D-Bry helps put on what was leading up to be a banger of a match, he's running on borrowed time, and what exactly does he get from this other than money? No one comes out of that match looking good.

loving :lol:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Someone dub this scene over the Fiend's entrance for Botchamania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsNIFD7TxwU

Needs to be Cole screaming "BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I totally forgot about Baron Corbin's stringy rear end hair and sad belly. Holy poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

isn't Cole on Smackdown, not RAW

Yeah, what happened with Todd Phillips?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

God please don't let this feud keep going to Summerslam.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

EVERYONE BLAME INTRUDER

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The more and more I'm of the mind set that these people should get a month off after Mania. Just let them rest go home, everyone looks so burned out and everything was so loving sloppy. It sucks that in this business the only way you can really give yourself some time off is if you severely injure yourself.

On the other hand they choose to work for WWE, so I'm conflicted.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's really telling that the most genuinely funny part of Raw was totally by accident and the camera cuts away almost immediately. Weirder so since it involved Miz and his pants getting shredded unintentionally. Also Maryse falling rear end backwards while trying to cover his dick bulge up.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

And once you get to one end and start back the other way, the fabric of space and time rip open to reveal a BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE, oh what pleasures they shall have for you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kalisto please go be loving amazing with Penta and Fenix and Pac.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

No way? Source please. Cause to just ditch him after having him getting the rest of his career sidelined for a commercial to have Vince screaming in your ear for the rest of the year during commentary.......................you know what good. Let the man land in a good spot where he can fully utilize his charisma and charm.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Lol UUDD *just* drafted and they're going to have to remove people already.

Wonder if this is starting to add up for Creed.

Creed isn't going anywhere G4 and WWE are tied up by NBC now even more so with Peacock taking over the streaming end. He's probably there for life now.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dude knows he's stuck. And since G4 is his ticket for after wrestling, AND isn't on the verge of being a real channel on tv anytime soon, he's loving stuck. Even if they ditch E and Kofi, Creed can't leave.

:gizz:

MOAR I NEED MOAR

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 15, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Can you imagine how sad Creed is going to be when they finally let go of Breeze and Dango? :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Only the, probable, demise of G4 is going to get Creed finally unstuck from WWE.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sigma posted:

Up up, let down

Then. Now. Forever.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

the moment gronk quit the writing was on the wall for mojo

I'm honestly surprised he was still employed for all of 2020.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vandar posted:

Vin Diesel basically hates the Rock for coming in and taking over the franchise.

(The franchise would probably be dead if it wasn't for the Rock, so...)

Honestly the Brazil movie would have been fine with anyone else that was super sweaty and glowering, the physical car stunts in that movie and onward are bug gently caress nuts.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't wait to see Cena in another film, his comic timing is genuinely amazing. Really funny dude.

Hopefully you mean "The Suicide Squad" because in that F9 movie he's just gonna be monotone and glowering and boring as gently caress as to not outshine the fragility that is Vin Diesel.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

I'm sure Diesel has some weird rear end rules in his contract about how they're allowed to shot him next to taller actors just like how his character can't lose any fights.

The Stallone/Arnold/Van Damme/Segal Clause I believe it's termed as.

Ganso Bomb posted:

It just looks so bizarre. Almost makes me want to watch a Fast movie to see how weird they are, a thing I've never done.

It's a thing done a lot more naturally in anime, like a Vegeta and Goku thing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Rumor is he told them he's not doing crowdless shows and not doing shows during the pandemic, went home to be a family man.

https://youtu.be/-4ZrkkZ9ctY

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

That Apollo poo poo is indistinguishable from early 90s WWF.

The ghost of Roddy Piper needs to haunt commentary every time Apollo comes out to just ruin the gimmick like he did for Tony Atlas before.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

I look forward to seeing these shorts everywhere at the next Gathering of the Juggalos. Also I want the version of those shorts where that is accidentally written over your rear end.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Beachwear, good for when you’re on The Shore of the Fiend.

Right next to the Gulf of Faygo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Posting from the forums' own Dark Place.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

explosivo posted:

WWE people on twitter are trying real hard to get Miz considered for Johnny Cage in the inevitable sequel to this MK reboot.

That's really hosed up when you have a super handsome athletic guy like JOHNNY loving MUNDO right there who did his Johnny Cage schtick better in Lucha Underground than Miz ever could in 6 sequels of Marine movies.

Also Morrison would probably be cheaper to get and use because MK was trash and lol if there's any kind of sequel.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

I feel real bad for most of the roster

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Miz took that right on his Naruto headband hopefully he's fine. :laffo:

#JoMoforCage

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

theres another clip of morrison taking a tomato straight to the balls

e: remembered where i saw it

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1387004871438635011

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Andrade announced his first post-WWE match

yikes

:ohno:

On the one hand, awesome he's going to be here in my hometown. On the other, holy gently caress no not with Alberto, and THE OTHER OTHER, GOOD GOD NO NOT COMBATE AMERICAS.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

It looks like it is a Nacion Lucha Libre show, which was a promotion owned by Alberto and Chavo Guerrero Jr that I thought shut down for good, but I guess Alberto is bringing it back. I think the Combate Americas is just there because Alberto is/was affiliated with it? And isn't that an actual MMA promotion, not a pro wrestling thing, and I think it changed its name too. I like how it has a question mark like they don't even know what it has to do with anything.

The whole thing is appropriately half-assed for being an Alberto el Patron endeavor

Combate Americas is an MMA sort of deal for Mexico, Alberto was/is an owner as well as Chapo Guzman's alleged girlfriend, the last show I'm aware of that they did was actually down here and it was Alberto vs Tito Ortiz. It was a hilarious poo poo show that Alberto actually trained for, you had a ton of Lucha people in attendance, my hometown crowd cheered for Tito, who was adorned in a gently caress ton of MAGA poo poo, :suicide: , it was bad and now I feel bad remembering it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I love Alex del Barrio dude is legit on my local sports news.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's from Andrade's instagram:

The tweet was saying that Andrade declares Del Rio innocent but there doesn't really seem to be any context for that in the original post.

:staredog: What are you doing man?????

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Karma Tornado posted:

Rock's best early movie role is Reno 911 Miami

That cameo is the loving best, Patton Oswalt playing a more haphazard version of Patton Oswalt is also the best. Goddamn that movie is so good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I thought it was weird her Twitch hadn't been active for a pretty long time. I guess the offers she was hoping for weren't coming in. :smith:

That loving sucks, cause you know she's going to be treated like absolute poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

It's not like any other company is going to want someone around who's gonna get their wrestlers unionising

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

kitten emergency posted:

the only cool thing at wm this year was Johnny Mundo making the Canadian Destroyer look like a million loving bucks

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hey remember when Undisputed Era were charismatic and really good with a catchy theme song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

flatluigi posted:

i mean it's pretty clear from what tall paul said: they were treating the old guard like poo poo and just assumed they'd take it

It's all a galaxy brained plan by Randy to have the older roster jump ship to better things that he's been planning for YEARS.

Blaise330 posted:

I find it infinitely funny that Lio Rush and Mark Henry debuted on AEW an hour apart after the beef they had over WWE's race issues

This is also why I'm not too jazzed to see Mark there.