Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will/did you start SaGa Frontier Remastered with?
Riki
Blue
Red
T260g
Emilia
Asellus
Lute
Fuse
View Results

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

As someone who didn't grow up with a PSX my problem with SaGa Frontier 1 has been that with zero nostalgia for the game it just looks really bad, the combination of the art style and technology used do not work for me at all and it's all just a blurry mess. Like it sits in this really awkward and unappealing middle spot between Square's gorgeous 2D games and their later 3D games once they figured out how the PSX works

The higher resolution of the remaster makes it looks so much better, and with all the other additions and updates I'm definitely going to finally play it because it does seem pretty cool otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Vier posted:

I picked up Unlimited Saga in the UK when it was first released, it had a nice box AND included a demo for FFX-2

To this day I still don't get how the battle system worked and thus never finished any of the character stories.

I also have this, except I got mine used and it's missing the demo disc. It was the first SaGa game I tried to play, which was not a smart move

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Harrow posted:

I dunno if this box art is based on any existing art that was already out there or if it's new but I love it

The Fuse character page on SaGa Fandom wiki says the full version of that was uploaded there in 2015 but doesn't mention a source:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

There's a Saga Frontier music "virtual concert" starting right now at https://www.twitch.tv/squareenix

e: This is technically a third in a series of shows for the mobile game Re;Universe but since the SF1 remaster just came out they're focusing on that this time

Veib fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 23, 2021

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I just remembered Blue's supposed to be a magician. It's probably a waste of a scholarship to Magic School if he solves all his problems with a handgun.

Wizards are known for their love of firearms

e: also the Final Fantasy X-2 version of a Blue Mage is called Gun Mage, it all fits

Veib fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 29, 2021

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Reco posted:

She has moon aptitude, sword sparking, and i think some aptitudes for small sword, melee, and ranged?

Because nothing is ever simple in a Saga game, apparently her magic affinity depends on which fake name she tells you when joining so it can be either moon or sun

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Harrow posted:

What does magic affinity mean in RS3? Is it like, don't even bother giving a character a type of magic they don't have an affinity for, or is it just "they'll learn spells a little faster?"

It means the magic stat will go up faster, which then makes spells of that type stronger. You get new spells by buying them from magic merchants, everyone can learn everything but a character can only have two spell types at one time; one out of sun/moon and one out of fire/water/wind/earth (the remaster uses fancy names for magic schools and I don't remember what they are)

e: You can respec magics but the new one will start at 0 magic stat again, there are a couple of characters that start with magic that you can't remove so they're limited to what they have + sun/moon

Veib fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 5, 2021

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Water has the cheapest most basic healing spell of the game so that's pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The Gameboy Saga collection that's currently Switch only was just announced to come out on mobile and Steam, the stream's in Japanese so idk about English releases for now but at least for Japan the release dates are 9.22. and 10.22. respectively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA9HMU1BtU