Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
im from the pleiades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
the simplest explanation is aliens. sorry

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
we should be discussing the time traveler possibility more imo

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
so can anyone give a quick rundown of why this being secret domestic tech that got accidentally revealed to lower-level flunkies is implausible? tia

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
thanks all. I roughly understand the giant leap in technical capabilities that would be required to replicate these movements, but I think "it's been 50/70/maybe thousands of years" is going to be more convincing to the person I am trying to convince that aliens are real and they want to eat his organs.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
have we considered they are dust on the lens?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

I am putting on a lense of pretending to know jts aliens, and viewing this incremental dispersion and altering of attitudes as exactly how humans would handle sudden, inexplicable footage of them. And to honest, if real alien probes ever appeared on Earth, this is the kind of tension between denial and confusion one would expect from humans in response.

yeah this is what is most exciting imo, the fact that I have imagined what disclosure would play out like and this seems to be mirroring my expectations pretty closely

but maybe they know that and are just playing me

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

A secret US military program
- Cool drones
- Projected plasma balls/hollygrams

Aliens

Foreigners

Equipment malfunctions and pilot error

What am I missing, those seem to be the suspects

Time travelers deserves a bullet point imo

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
I also wouldn’t rule out “fifth dimensional simulation overseers who just flash in and out of view the way we would look to the two dimensional shapes in flatland”

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
So I have heard that there are higher-quality, full color iphone camera-esque videos of at least one of the objects. If the Pentagon is going full “we don’t know what these are help us figure it out” mode, then what is stopping them from releasing those? Just concern about panic among the public?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
The head of NASA seems really stupid

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Getting kind of mad thinking about all the people who were given awful drugs and/or locked up for being “psychotic” because they thought ufos were real

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
The aliens are theosophists here to spread the good word of Madame Blavatsky

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
thinking more about that israeli space dude who talked about the galactic federation six months ago

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Google Butt posted:

The aliens for sure have a deep sea base btw

i am for real calling it now that they just bypassed our dumb ape species and decided to work with the more intelligent dolphins

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
the reptilians who run human society have met their match in the newly arrived ETs and are panicking on how best to manage a soft disclosure

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
it would be cool if the ufos are just a completely parallel non-carbon-based life form that has evolved in tandem with us and totally evaded our observation

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Does anyone remember that GBS thread from I want to say like 2008 with all kinds of unexplained paranormal poo poo from history?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
The Expanse went to poo poo after it moved to Amazon. Season 3 was the best.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

valp posted:

Got a little too excited about the ufos recently, a little too crack-pinged as they say, ended up having an existential crises where I psychically contacted one of them and I got a response back. It was friendly, I think? Since then I've gotten completely sober, took some time off work to relax, been extremely serious about having a healthy sleep schedule, reviewed how to get a therapist if I need one, and am happy to report no further psychic contacts other than a dream where a UFO flew overhead and sent down some friendly vibes. Not worried about the dream; between withdrawing from weed and all the time I spent obsessing over this stuff it'd be weird if I didn't have at least one dream about the UFO's.

This was a lot more exciting than my usual mental breakdowns and it's made me a better person so I'm grateful to the aliens (real or not) for that. And if the psychic stuff turns out to be real as well I'll try and pass along a good word for the thread.

By the way, Elizondo says a lot of crazy stuff in podcasts. He says there was ancient alien contact, that souls are real, psychic powers are real, aliens walk among us, some aliens aren't limited by time, consciousness is an observable energy, and so on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/nkrcyi/recent_elizondo_interviews_give_more_information/
https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/ldm6ob/pentagon_official_elizondo_makes_statements/

Yo this sounds like something that happened to me a year and a half ago. I've been afraid to post it anywhere, even this batshit thread, because I was sure the responses would simply be along the lines of "Sounds like a psychotic break, dude" (understandably). Maybe it was, maybe it was something more? I did end up taking meds for a few weeks, and the "symptoms" went away, but to this day there were some things that happened that I cannot explain.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcdOLKx2XG8

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
lol the aliens live inside the hole beneath the north pole. hollow earth about to be confirmed

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

PawParole posted:

What if China sent that balloon to get a closer look the UAPs? What if they also have no idea of what the UAPs are or/and wanted to know if it's secret American technology? What if this last balloon that was over USA was sent by China precisely to monitor those UAPs over North American airspace? Maybe this is exactly the reason they were actually like "you shouldn't have shot it down"

yah i was thinking about this earlier it would be funny lol

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

fanfic insert posted:

a second balloon has hit the northern country

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Lol so now we aren’t going to shoot down the montana one because they realize theyve hosed up

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
squid people

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
hosed up if true

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

err posted:

So something set the radar off to the point that jets were scrambled, and they found nothing. Whatever set the radar off isn’t visible by the jets, took off, or there was a radar anomaly. Can someone explain what the hell is going on?

you forgot "it's dark and they are waiting to shoot it down until morning"

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
mars attacksing the rihanna halftime show

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Pentagon to hold a press conference nobody can watch

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
the complete nonchalance over this in most places is driving me crazy lol

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Kessler Syndrome event happened and they aren't telling us

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
last time i checked, "sky trash" usually becomes "ground trash" in short order, with little f-22 intervention required

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Where is a recording of the briefing?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
thanks for the links

sounds like aliens to me, case closed

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
air trash is one of the stupidest pairs of words i have ever read and it is breaking my brain

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
like ok i know about SPACE DEBRIS but since when does trash fly from montana to lake huron at 20k feet in 12 hours

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
*honks f-22 horn at sky trash driver* ayy im crackin and pingin ova here!

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Sharkie posted:

ever heard of a little thing called the wind?

yeah im BREAKING it onto your posts right now!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

thats not candy posted:

dont forget that a bunch of dod brains are permanently scrambled due to long covid, uh i mean lockdown depression or whatever

jet stream moves pretty fast

ok you are right, it moves faster than i thought it did. i still don’t think it’s trash but i will admit it is not impossible