Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I’ve been watching blue planet 2 lately and it makes me think but what if uaps live in the deep depths of the open ocean? this is a sexy thought.

maybe only the sentient underwater mammals of the oceans know the universal truth of what exists out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

sometimes when i eat a meat pie my farts smell like a meat pie. incredible, i know

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

do you guys sperm in the aliens when you're taken board their crafts? or do they sperm in you?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

wheres micky west???

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

could anyone point me in the direction of some tasty theories for underwater uaps?

docos, podcasts or blogs would be nice thx u luv u

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

not bad, not bad. thank you!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

why would they drive on open roads during the day?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mick west must be so turgid after watching that video. frothing, in fact

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would i lue to you?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would love to listen to a 2 hr+ podcast with ross coulthart sharing unheard info about extra terrestrial toilets and urinals

he will never reveal those stinky sources

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

tbh i just wanna leave this planet real bad like if i can just go be a drifter and check out the cosmos i'd prefer that but even just going to another entirely different planet and just living there a while maybe

can i please leave earth but keep existing tho

OBE? astral travel???

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

thoughts on NDEs? is it possible to astral travel/meditate to that same dimension?

interesting how many of these experiences all sound very similar :tinfoil:

https://www.nderf.org/Archives/exceptional.html

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Its a nice thought knowing that this dimension is kind of pointless and the real deal is in the after life

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I chose to reincarnate just to poo poo post.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

what would be the tipping point causing aliens to reveal themselves to the entire population? or are they more than happy to watch us poo poo the bed?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

rewatched Contact last night. good movie.

if the same thing happened in real life i can just imagine an army of jake buseys appearing, intent on ruining the alien parade for everyone else.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

endocriminologist posted:

project lue book

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

endocriminologist posted:

looking forward to new exciting foods in the grim future! maybe it’ll be bugs or maybe plankton

it’ll be a plastic based

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Yes, ok, sounds good. But why not show all of this evidence? Where are those hi res images already?

"believe me, it's real" yeah righto mate :rolleyes:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

let's gooo

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

if you die in one multiverse where does your consciousness go? is each being's consciousness in every universe completely different?

can the uap birdmen jump between these universes?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

How long is the delay when controlling the rover?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i think it works in the form of they need a nerd to script commands like move the grabber 420mm in this direction and rotate 69 degrees counterclockwise, and they upload them in batch form? And the delay between earth and mars is variable based on orbits and crap. I'm pretty sure the rover is too dumb to get less explicit commands, and the huge variation between when signals get there means they can't drive it like an RC car at all.

the bandwidth is like 10-3000 bits per second and has multiple antennas. Sounds like the space modem is on baud measurements less than 56k. The link from rover to orbiter is 2mbps max.

this is all based on me googling for 2 seconds and then also bullshitting half remembered stuff without double checking. The slower antennas seem to let the rover talk directly to earth in case the orbiters explode and require like 230 foot diameter dishes to be pointed at mars.

e: the actual signal delay is between 5 and 20 minutes one way

I want martian shitposters so bad, it would be insanely rad, and so weird.

Ah ok cool, thanks for that!

Those speeds sound exactly like australian internet!!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Wheeee posted:

few weeks ago i spent some time out on a beach at night looking up at the milky way, first time i'd gotten away from urban light pollution in years, honestly felt pretty amazing and i highly recommend if you have the means

there was what appeared to be a satellite in the sky, slightly shifting colours, but it would sort of 'wiggle' around, moving around a patch of sky in ways satellites don't. i imagine it was a balloon or something with a light beacon on it, but the presently existing context at least made me pay attention to it for a bit until my gf wanted to go because it was cold

could of been space junk doin the ol tumble?

but yes, being out under a completely clear night really recharges the spirit

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Wheeee posted:

Possibly, but it was illuminated and held a generally stable position in the sky, just moving around within a limited space, like you'd expect of like a tethered balloon or a drone or some poo poo

hmm strange. would of been cool to see.

Bilirubin posted:

I recall a few years ago pointing the Milky Way out to my partner when we were in rural lands away from our urban lights, she was blown away at how "obvious" it was

i remember being out in the middle of Australia for work and the milky way was casting a shadow on trees and things. just unreal to experience

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

show us ur p’nut

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

for some reason the greys need their big bald heads exposed to the alien sun for them to work properly

:shrug::tinylue::shrug:

solar powered probe machines

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rah! posted:

when u already p'nutted but shes still astral projecting

new thread title please

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I find it interesting that most indigenous cultures all have stories of some sort of bigfoot/yeti/bunyip type character just roaming their forests.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

Look again at that forum. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every poster who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident image macros, bad takes, and shitposts, every :huh: and :holy:, every :q: and :shrek:, every :tinfoil: and :wtc:, every :btroll: and :krakken:, every :tinylue:, every :aatrek: and :downs:, :haibrower:, :2bong: and :ducksiren:, every :barf:, every :c00lbutt:, every :a2m:, every :circlefap:, every :3: and :eyepop: in the history of our species posted there--on a mote of dust suspended in a flooded New Orleans server room.

The Forums are a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those mods and admins so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless red text avatars visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this forum on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to report one another, how fervent their QCS posts.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position on the Internet, are challenged by this Alexa traffic rank. Our forum is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Something Awful is the only forum known so far to harbor goons. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Forums are where we make our stand.

It has been said that posting is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our dead, gay forum. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the UAP thread in the lefist shitposting subforum of Something Awful, the only home we've ever known.

— Carl Sagan

Incredible.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

this made me chortle very much. thank you :)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i've just started on that Gateway Experience playlist, i'm only 4 in so far. but.. has anybody had any visions or OBEs yet? Any floating?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Early 2020 I was in the middle of nowhere along the Marlborough Sounds of NZ’s South Island doing some astrophotography, when one of the starlink satellites came hurtling along. Unreal to see it in such dark, dark skies but it also ruined my photos. Not a bird, just a fuckwit’s satellite. :(

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

loving these constantly changing thread titles haha

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

alot of animals can see different light spectrums, spectrums that we can’t even see. would uaps hide in these different spectrums? could explain why some are only seen on IR gun cams?

sexy bird thoughts

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i forget, but is there a bigger uap report coming next near?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEczN_8Q380

an engorged ross, comin for ur birds

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

who is mike bara?

fraud spotter, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle