Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
seems anjali promised links and they haven't come https://old.reddit.com/r/TranscensionProject/comments/owu6fd/anjalis_press_conference_details/

deep state must have gotten to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
i want to vape with the aliens

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

they'd probably have entirely different reactions to the substances we like

they might like smoking something that smells nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XZN1e79uU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

is there a reason no one has scanned those corliss books and put the pdfs on libgen yet

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

i sent an email to the rare books / distinctive collections section of my university library, recommending they look into purchasing the collected corliss works and scanning them for the public

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

WEH posted:

If there's a way to loan them out and the scanning is non-destructive I'm willing to make my collection available. I ain't footin the shipping tho lmao

quoting this so I remember

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/AventuraObscura/status/1433209621439787010

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

gently caress

I want to say the thing thats resonated with me in this thread so far hasn’t had anything to do with aliens, it’s been the idea that our brains can access extra stuff beyond the first five senses. not sure how to put it exactly there’s been a lot of posts about it itt.

like you can see the past, because your brain captures pictures and sounds and turns it into memories. then go back and replay it.

but the future is the same thing. play back stuff that is going to happen in your mind. like a memory. then later it pretty much goes down like you already thought. and it turns into the past

this is how it works on tralfamadore

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

wait everyone here has read the vice thing on astral projection and gotten the hemisync audio files floating around on gdrive, right?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Jazerus posted:

i, uh, is there supposed to be something here other than a single paragraph?? i am not compelled

cdan posted:

There was a paper recently selected for publication in an A+ list academic journal. However, prior to being selected, the authors, through a suggestion of this government and others, had to remove the portion of the paper which suggested the new radio signals they discovered, were actually communicating with something/someone in our solar system.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

cdan has been doing this for like 15 years: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/10/crazy-days-and-nights-enty-interview

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ESP, precog, limited telepathy, these all fall under multiple intelligence theory for me. almost everyone starts with a foundation, nature/nurture happen, and you end up with your strengths and weaknesses. almost everyone has some level of access to these things, but very very few in the white western world actually end up cultivating them because their systems/institutions dont support that role within their communities.

had a pretty specific bad dream last night where i dreamt that before embarking on a long drive (heading out of state today today) i looked at my car and then decided not to bother checking the tires and then had a blowout on the highway

you can see it on my sleep tracker around 6hrs in, when the blowout/impending crash woke me up heart rate spiking

actually went out packing my car today, remembered the dream, decided to look at my tires

horrible bubble on the front right sidewall. posting this from sullivan tire waiting room where they tell me i almost would have definitely had a catastrophic blowout

the aliens are trying to save me because they know that i must post, for their existence to be revealed

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i dont know much in this old world, but i know this: petey must post

to post is to live. it is how we inscribe ourselves in the world. every post a tiny tablet complaining of our own personal copper to our own personal ea-nasir

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Hatebag posted:

Some non human intelligence has resulted in things blipping around on the surface of earth. Maybe it's aliens, maybe it's undersea intelligence, maybe Interdimensional, maybe time travel but whatever it is we want to hug and kiss them

i will do it. i will gently caress the aliens

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

the aliens are visiting because there is an intergalactic top shortage. this is my Purpose

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

toggle posted:

I’ve been watching blue planet 2 lately and it makes me think but what if uaps live in the deep depths of the open ocean? this is a sexy thought.

maybe only the sentient underwater mammals of the oceans know the universal truth of what exists out there?

splash splash crab planet biomass

https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell/status/1393281339525255168

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Petey posted:

the aliens are visiting because there is an intergalactic top shortage. this is my Purpose

earth *is* a zoo and the alien abductions are catch-and-releasing tops through a kind of ethical sustainable game management

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

avi loeb is giving a talk about his new book at harvard today

https://harvard.zoom.us/j/97436600302?pwd=WmJEdFdaYWZ1RFRxVjVXWS82ZUIwUT09

quote:

The search for extraterrestrial life is one of the most exciting frontiers in science. First tentative clues were identified close to Earth in the form of the unusual interstellar object `Oumuamua and Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) in the Earth's atmosphere. The recently announced "Galileo Project" ushers the new frontier of "space archaeology" in search of extraterrestrial technological relics. The lecture will feature content from my book "Extraterrestrial", as well as the textbook "Life in the Cosmos", both published in 2021. Related material was also featured in my weekly commentaries in Scientific American.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

lue. are you reading this. i will buy you an account and i can offer you access into an elite posting protection program. radium gave me the sftp login for the servers in 2007 and i'm pretty confident nothing has been changed since. lue. we are your people lue.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

hm

https://twitter.com/halvorz/status/1438199586867200000

hmmmmMmMMm

quote:

Although vaults have been observed in many eukaryotic species, a few species do not appear to have the ribonucleoprotein. These include:[19]

Arabidopsis thaliana—a small flowering plant related to cabbage and mustard.
Caenorhabditis elegans—a free-living nematode that lives in soil.
Drosophila melanogaster—a two-winged insect also known as a fruit fly.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae—a species of yeast.

These four species are model organisms for plants, nematodes, animal genetics and fungi respectively.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Slavvy posted:

Is there an English explanation of whatever the gently caress this is about?

as i understand it, there is a mysterious, poorly understood organelle in your cells that is larger than most others, shaped like a crystalline vault, and no one really knows what it does. simple organisms don't have it; complex organisms do.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

To y'all with Corliss books, please please digitize i know it's an annoying daunting amount of work but pleeeeeeeease

A MIRACLE posted:

book scanners are much faster than they used to be at least. used to take 10 seconds between scans to convert the image into the right format. so you would scan, click a few buttons, wait, turn the page while waiting, and try to time the next scan as fast as you could the instant it was available again. lol

WEH posted:

Yeah these books absolutely need to be digitized

i think i said this already but i contacted my university library asking about their rare science books digitization so my hope is they will say "sure if these people send us books we can digitize them" and then we can work together in the thread to make it happen

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

The Demilich posted:

Just email the son and ask if he would like it digitized then give him an ocr'd pdf and let him do what he wants with it.

Naybe he'll give you more books to scan and keep in return for the files that he could probably sell for a few bucks online.

Yeah this.

the big thing i'm unsure about is if my uni library will do a scan and digitize on things not in the collection so depending on what they say about that i can hit up Svejk or email the son and ask if he can do a solid

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

i'm confused, why do people think AUSUK has to do w/ birds?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

haters will say it’s birds, but we know it’s really Birds https://www.instagram.com/p/CUlNy3TlIRy/?utm_medium=copy_link

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

when is the next report from the feds supposed to come out

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

pancake rabbit posted:

oh is this the one that cdan blind item was talking about

wait which. onewas this

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/emollick/status/1447729257988427778

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

so a friend from high school posted this (globally public) on FB and I have never seen or even read anything described like it: https://www.facebook.com/577996700/posts/10158620373706701/?d=n

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

ArianeSpace launched a Soyuz rocket from Vostochny Cosmodrome carrying 36 OneWeb satellites on Oct. 14. Looks like your friend is in California, it could very well be a fuel dump or deorbit burn exhaust from an upper stage catching sunlight from over the local horizon. It's usually done over the Pacific Ocean for logistical reasons. It's a rare sight up here in the US northeast, especially compared to what we get to see of night launches from Wallops, but I've gone down to the beach to see it a couple of times and it's pretty spectacular.

rad

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

thx for posting these excerpts Wheeee

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

so wait what happened with the ufo / nukes testimony

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

im the alien. its me

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

*chris mathews staring into the bar's tv as a hardball commercial comes on mid-interview*

hey....it's me. it's me.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

but actually somehow wrong in some subtle way. There could be some form of fault within logic itself somehow. I don't particularly think that's true, but it could be.

i mean it absolutely is true, the question is whether/how it's relevant to birds

Petey has issued a correction as of 11:28 on Oct 26, 2021

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I like the headspace this thread lets me dance in, whether some of it is real or none of it or if it's all just play pretend (it's not)

I like that the regulars don't feel compelled to gate keep this is jazz man let it happen who knows

No wrong notes

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

um https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2017/aug/15/cia-life-on-mars/

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

it's 1973. you're cia and you're high as balls. you've spent the night watching people screw through a brothel mirror. now, geller is tripping you out as he draws a solar system matching a nearly identical drawing in a nearby a shielded room. later you will feed hand-feed lsd to tim leary like a baby bird

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Bad things can be cool and no one likes to talk about it but it's true

mencius is that you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Andy Pandy posted:

Why zap your brain with experimental magnets when trepanning has already been around since the neolithic revolution. It's possibly the oldest surgical procedure we know of.

has anyone ever read any good studies/books on trepanning? i'm mostly familiar with it from the HDM books