Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Takanago posted:

I hope there's a lot of cool alt-ideology flags for every single country like in victoria 2

this is a day one requirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

I better be forced to painstakingly click every single province in my sprawling empire to make railroads in each of them :colbert:

please we can only take so much hype

I hope they have 0 copy editors on this game. really give us that Vicky feel.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Arbite posted:

Very excited for this. I really, really hope they go back to using actual music from the era like in V1. That added so much atmosphere that was lacking in the second.

Also a way to subsidize/incentivize factories you want built when you're not going full command economy would be nice.

they were just public domain recordings. i actually found one of the same albums they used at the library once.

i think a lot of the vicky/eu2 era music was just public domain stuff. which means there is no excuse for any game to not have falalan by the uppsala joculatores in them

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

no one has answered the most important question of what will the counters look like

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Wiz posted:

Not my fault you guys aren't asking the important questions :colbert:

Will you be using nato symbols or something more stylized for troop tokens

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If they improve the battle AI a bit it'd be amazing in Vicky if you couldn't directly control your troops, only give general orders. I wanna feel like Lincoln cycling through AotP generals or sack Field Marshal after Field Marshal as the years of static front drag on.

If they can do things that if you fire mcclellan his faction says gently caress it and tries to overthrow your current government that would be great

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

rather than having to custom make tens of thousands of flags.

its like you want this game to fail

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

The two big differences between US puppet regimes and European Colonial holdings would be:

1. Despite everything the US puppet regimes would have significantly more autonomy (so long as it doesn't interfere with US interests).
2. There is a plausible deniability in the US relationship to its puppet regimes that doesnt exist in the European Colonial context. In game this would probably mean that it would generate less Infamy/Aggressive expansion to establish them. You could even have them engage in proxy wars on your behalf but that might be asking a bit much right off the bat.

i hope there is a way that you can use the gps money to fight them agains each other, like mexico promising massive access to the americans in order to be able to cancel the debt and kickout the continentals

(then not following through/collapsing and having veracruz seized again)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Zeron posted:

Here's an assorted collection of dev posts from the Pdox forums with info.

newfoundland is the new bhutan

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The best thing about the original gen of pdx games was *thump thump-thump thump thump thump thump*

FA LA LA LAN LA LA LAN FA LA LA LEIRA

being able to find the public domain albums they ripped for EUII and Vicky at the libriary was always fun

Archduke Frantz Fanon fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 17, 2021

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

“A Comet is sighted!”

[ Capitalism, Ho! ]

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

people are whining about clippers but we havent had confirmation on tanks returning to their true name: barrels

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im really excited about the leaders of interest groups. peeps (as opposed to pops) were always a missing part of victoria

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

c-spam: the game

A comet was sighted!

-It is just an omen
-Study it, for science
-Tromp??

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Based on what has been said so far Markets seems like a much better replacement for sphere of influence

excited for tomorrows update

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Takanago posted:

if you put these two images side by side you can actually see that it's apparently cheaper to buy luxury furniture than regular furniture in this market

How much could an apple cost? 25 pounds?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

dynamic flags are as important to the vicky series as counters or incomprehensible economic systems so we just assumed

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i love the limit for opulently wealthy being at 60/100 so someone going from 99 to 93 means they will be furious with you and probably try to bring down your government

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Dev Diary 14: Political Movements

https://www.victoria3game.com/en/news/dev-diary-14-political-movements

pdox forums down at the moment

wow some real good uptime on johans computer there

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Zeron posted:

It sounds like being a subject is a much, much better deal than in V2. Which is great, there's a lot of starts/countries that are made a lot more playable/fun this way.

if this really does well you should be able to naturally have things like 48 where hungary just starts invading all the other austrian client states, pissing them off and allowing austria to use them to clamp the whole thing down

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

In similar region historical mismatch discussion, I saw this pretty interesting post on Reddit about how Korea isn't handled very well in Vic 2 and how it seems to be being ported into Vic 3 wholesale. https://old.reddit.com/r/victoria3/comments/qd4pi2/dividing_korea_the_problem_with_vic3s_korea_state/

lmao dokdo on those historical maps

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I think a way to achieve a versailles style ending to a great war would be to, once a threshold is reached, have is be event driven based on the end of the war. Kind of like the first phase of the play, but at the end with the victors adding and negotiating demands. Some ricky mod did that and it was fun.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the mexicans had a hard time controlling mexico in th e19th century and its not like they were shy about the occasional massacre. the us wouldnt have stood a chance

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

guidoanselmi posted:

There should be two volcanos depicted on the big island
:goonsay:

ability to feel, removed, etc.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

NATO icons for trains

:hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Narrator posted:

As a compromise, armies will no longer be manually controllable on the map but political party members will.

benjamin disraeli complete with quest chain to have a torrid love affair with victoria

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

if you really want to succumb to the sickness install ricky and get to pop splitting

are the good ricky mods even still around anywhere?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Arbite posted:

Bit of music?

it better be FaLaLan performed by a full military band :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hell yeah get fuckd aggies

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Agean90 posted:

God you could make an absolutely sick conversion mod tho

they promised easy modding to do this!

though my first mod is still going to be putting the original pop icons back in :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i made one for you too vicky team

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

and yet counters still remain in the dustbin :argh:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

Something like this would be cool to see, however I feel like it might be a lot to ask of the art team. Unless they designed a handful of assets to represent certain groups, which would simply appear on the map as you gained territory in that region, I don't see how they could reasonably implement that feature. The racial and ethnic caricatures would also inevitably land the entire team in hot water and that wouldn't be worth it imo.

Just use the leader pics from V1! Then everyone is happy.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Victoria 3 Now availible on PC, Linux, Mac, and Jupyter notebook

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

how have we strayed so far from Johan's light

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

cant believe we're gonna be able to make quische mini replicas of famous monuments in vicky 3, gonna make every state capital in the USA have a functional mini forbidden palace

hell yeah. gold domes as far as the eye can see

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Arrath posted:

Just how many locks would be needed for such insanity, goddamn.
0 if youre determined enough

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I hope this means that peasants can rise up and burn down the local manor

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

contaceptive and aphrodisiac! solves both sides of the equation!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

if it comes out it can disappoint us

if it doesn't we will let wiz drag us to the final circle of hell with increasingly awesome and exciting dev diaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cant wait to read your upcoming Vicky 3 Crete AAR wiz