Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
currently playing DS1 for the first time (first FromSoft game for me). my only regret is that i slept on these brilliant games for far too long

probably won't be getting this at launch, hopefully by the time i'm ready for it PS5s will be available at some kind of reasonable price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm gonna find the biggest mace or hammer i can find and use it until i find a bigger one

first time through ds2 and i’m using a mace and it’s so satisfying

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

black.lion posted:

Friends, I want to like Elden Ring. It looks p good. But what's not good, is my skill at videogames.

I couldn't get v far in any Dark Souls game, or Bloodborne. I played Sekiro and had fun, but never got past Lady Butterfly.

I'm currently replaying Ghost of Tsushima on Hard (not Lethal+) and the difficulty feels pretty right in terms of balance of challenge for max fun.

I'm down to be challenged and get better, if the movement is fun, but should I expect that I'm just going to get owned over and over if my ability at games is per above? Also, is the combat in Elden Ring looking like it's more fast/fluid/agile like Sekiro? Or slow and ponderous like DS?

i avoided souls games for years because "i don't like hard games". finally gave them a shot because metroid dread had "hard" bosses and i really enjoyed that, and now they're my favorite series.

the difficulty is overrated, imo. you'll die a lot and that's fine. if you pay attention to enemies and boss movement, and level up your weapons appropriately, you shouldn't have any big problems

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Charliegrs posted:

All this talk about how ER will be the easiest souls game is making me a little nervous. I hope they don't make it too easy. I love the difficulty level of the SoulsBorne games.

i have faith

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

like Dark Souls 2 it will also be good

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
poison swamp with poison rain

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
if carry load is gonna be a thing they better give me the option to not pillage useless items. i don't need 7 Broken Straight Swords, game

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
man, if you’re playing on ps5 or pc just enjoy. buy it for both and pray for us ps4 havers

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i am going to play on PS4, have a blast, then buy a PS5 and a better TV and play it again

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
okay fine i’m 150 hours into souls games without ever parrying, but put 30 mins into practicing on the silver knights in anor londo and now i got it down. i hope you’re happy

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i've done a shitload of time theft to play through the whole souls series this year and i'm not about to stop now

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
counting down the days to easy mode articles. can’t wait

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Appoda posted:

Decided to see how far I can get into Dark Souls 3 with some mods on while we wait. What's some good weapons to try out? I think last time I ran a combo of Red-hilted Halberd and a dagger or broadsword; I'll probably run quality to give myself the biggest net for new weapons.

i finished the game with a claymore and it rocked

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

games have morphed into work... literally just checklists of busywork bullshit. so people are confused when games come out that are actually games (you just freely play with them however you want) and don't attempt to emulate work

judging by how many people play souls games by ticking through a walkthrough, it seems some people really do want this

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i don't think i've ever finished a quest in a souls game and wouldn't even know they existed without outside sources

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

missing NPC quests and other content is good because it means you get to play the game again

wrong. it means you lost money and can never experience those quests

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
this is my first time playing a from game at launch. jolly cooperation for margit is insanely fun although i haven’t succeeded once yet lol

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i used the npc and summoned my imp friends and it took me like 8 tries. it’s doable

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

ASenileAnimal posted:

i did it and i regret it lol

oh my god lol

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i think margit rocks and i’m having a blast cooping. hosts need to stop dying tho

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
finally found a loving staff in demi human forest ruins only took 17 hours

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
cooping bosses is so drat satisfying. people also seem to be getting better at margit

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
can somebody give me a vague clue where to find the entrance to the stormveil dungeon? feels like i’ve been everywhere (haven’t beaten godrick yet)

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

goferchan posted:

The castle's actual dungeon? Not the "dungeon" itself. I can't find it either!

yeah that’s what i mean. i just beat godrick so i’m gonna check after him

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
my claymore +1 is way better than battle axe +5

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
dunno why i’m bothering to drive myself crazy trying to find stormveil depths when there’s a whole world out there. i’ll come back

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
wow the bridge after godrick really blew me away. not super challenging but so exciting and huge

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i’m cooping godrick and have died before the host every time. i’m sorry. (username: thebigbopper)

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i love the new multiplayer changes. getting instant summons on ps5, feels fresh again

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
gently caress YES, got godskin duo first try solo with dual uchis. i was really dreading that fight

i’m not getting much endgame fatigue this time around, possibly because i know what’s going on and being properly leveled. all the areas are a blast

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
the game needs lots of high value treasures to reward expiration, and smithing stones definitely fit the bill. i don’t mind it

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i love getting summoned for a variety of bosses suitable for my level

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
dunno why i keep getting summoned to Spiritcaller Cave...kinda boring

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i'm determined to beat Malenia solo melee, and i like the fight now. still haven't won yet though

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
mohg is really fun once you master the timings on each attack. he massively punishes you for ANY screwup, though

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
jumping is so much more reliable, but i always instinctively roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

I got post mogh the omen and we on my way to the underground merchant dumping ground, but it was blocked by Morgotts seal :shepicide:

huh. did not know that could happen