Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

AlexDeGruven posted:

Well, drat. My Ryzen 1700 doesn't meet the requirements for the pre-release. Weak.

Edit: Both windows update and the health-check tool report the same thing, though the TPM thing is only yellow, the CPU is red. And I don't have a pressing need to update my hardware until GPUs get back to not-insane pricing, so I guess I'll stick to 10 for now.

I'm in the exact same boat, right down to the same processor. Not upgrading anything until I can get a GPU at a "normal" price to replace my RX580.

I upgraded to both Windows 8 and 10 right away because I can take the early snags and like being on the latest version of anything, but won't be doing that with Windows 11 because I have a first gen Ryzen. Oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

OgNar posted:

Was just checking and my PC seems to pass, except for TPM.
Have looked through the bios but couldnt find any options to enable it.
I assume my prebuilt took a few shortcuts to save a few dollars.

You can most likely enable a CPU based feature in the BIOS that would take care of the TPM requirements for Windows 10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windo...p.548267.0.html

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

inset posted:

You're not going crazy, win11 just randomly shifts your file explorer to the foreground if you leave it open

Hahaha holy poo poo, thank you

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

mobby_6kl posted:

Has something changed with remote desktop in Win11? I tried to RD into my home machine from work and I'm getting "logon attempt failed" error with my usual account, and for another account on the machine it correctly says it's not authorized for remote access:

Is this some win11 fuckery? I don't RD home often but I think it worked before the update, and I was just able to connect from my android phone too. Maybe something with azure cloud BS? It seems to insist that I use "email address" as my user name, which of course isn't a thing.

Is your Win11 PC account connected to a Microsoft account? If so, use that email/password for the login.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Is Dell Optimizer installed on it by any chance? If it is, uninstall it and see if that resolves the issue. Dell Optimizer is notorious for causing all sorts of issues.

I would link to multiple threads where people have figured out issues Optimizer caused, but I’m phone posting. Seriously just google it, it’s terrible.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

susan b buffering posted:

i just wish my credit union had proper totp instead of sms 2FA

I suspect that a lot of credit unions are using the same third party vendor for their apps. Over the last 10 years I’ve been a member of three different credit unions due to various moves, and they all look and behave exactly the same right down to the lack of proper totp support.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Vic posted:

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird. Free, open source, works well.

It's alright, looks like poo poo & kinda runs like rear end sometimes though. Seems to have performance issues around changing things like filters & tags that make it just *slightly* annoying to use at times.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Koskun posted:

Officially atm, 8th gen Intel, or Ryzen AM4 are the minimum requirements for Win11. Those came out in 2017 and 2016. So a ten year old computer is already getting there with that hardware.

First gen Ryzen is below the minimum requirement for windows 11 because it lacks that cpu virtualization thingy I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Right, my point is that if you have a first gen Ryzen Microsoft will tell you via Windows Update that it is not supported and you can’t update it from directly from them.

Of course you can just force it via ISO or clean install, but that’s not really what I was pointing out. Maybe I should have been more clear.