Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

PWG Mystery Vortex and Bill Cosby is out of prison lol. Makes you think a little bit, but I'm not saying anything just thought I'd put that out there.

I hope something bad happens to him in kayfabe it will make up for it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm excited for Night 2.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Starboy's 18 and sells like he's mostly working cheap rooms

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I enjoyed his Star Fox tights but kind of odd to me he’d know about Star Fox the last real game in the series was like 25 years ago

He probably only likes and knows about the furry one, Star Fox Adventures. Would of come out during an important time in a young boys life.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think he's signed, they're just also allowed to work indies and a show like this is a great way to build his name.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

its the suspenders. Everyone I know that wears suspenders is a real douchebag.

It's because they're an accessory so you're only wearing them to say something but they're complicated and dumb so whatever you're saying with them is something real dumb.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Are they fighting over who keeps their gimmick?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh Deep South is a loving carny nightmare. I'm pretty sure it was Rare or Spidar Boodrow (RIP I guess?) who just got stabbed with a box cutter in a match. Also I think their promoter is a white supremacist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W38n60gBMlU

I think box cutter guys and finger guys might be the same. Not sure. Maybe multiple box cutter stabbings?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That both sucks and also comes off as more positive than the previous times she has stepped away since it's a more open statement. It sounds like she's on the right path even if it's been rocky.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They should book Chuckie T, he loves Jeffy and also is good at wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

who the gently caress is Jeff Rosenstock.

That venue is cool tho.

He's a punk musician who's been in a bunch of bands and now does solo albums and most of his songs these days are about being an aimless 30 something in a crumbling America, but with a beat you can dance to.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

It is WILD that, out of all of them, this is the band that you know him from.

Lol yeah. I've explained who Jeff Rosenstock is to multiple people and first time I've heard that one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He should do a beat the champ cover album

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lol yeah I'm into it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's kinda crummy to make a bunch of guesses and assume the worst about an unannounced project and then publish it as news.

Very funny that Drew got him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Excited for all of those for a lot of different reasons

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I got to watch that match

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just got sick of paying money and hoping I got a good GCW show instead of 30 minutes of "no signal from venue". I just go check out whatever people recommend now instead of trying to keep up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope he's ok because that both looks not that bad and also like he might of gotten just enough of his neck for it to suck really bad if he felt bad from it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Way to bury lethal who is also too good for this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really don't understand who promotions with a long list of things wrestlers can't do are supposed to be for. They keep making them and they keep being boring and convoluted.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Takuan posted:

Old timers have convinced some people that strict rules were the secret to getting a lot of heat for little amounts of effort. They think that Tex Gunderson almost caused a riot in 1972 with a single closed fisted punch and not because they were performing in front of a crowd of drunk rednecks in a town with nothing else to do on a Thursday night.

I've always assumed that's the thinking but even then you end up with promotions like this where it's like "Any brawling on the outside is three red cards and then an ejection" so I don't even know what old timey wrestling they were watching.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That appears to be click bait based off of Dave making a guess

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oil! posted:

Dirty Ron said he was making fake tests for GCW and then got shut down hard by everyone that worked GCW shows.

That's one of the rumors I'm very skeptical about because both sides seem to just be internet hearsay.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Loves The Babylon Bee. It's one thing to support Trump, I guess a lot of people do. But thinking the Babylon Bee is funny is a bridge too far.

I'd disown a family member if I found out they thought the bee was funny. Babylon or Samantha

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is progress clap clap clapclapclap

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is why you never label your business the punk rock version of anything. It's just going to end in you insisting that your Dubai show is very punk rock

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair, the punk rock branding was put in place by different management wasn't it?

I mean old management was explaining why their WWE partnership is very punk rock but yeah, I did totally forget about the management changes at the start of the year. What's up with Smallman now? Is he just involved with NXT Europe?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

G Raver was sweet when I met him years ago after the Cornette stuff but he was pretty loaded then. I can see why his former coworkers are fed up with him tho. Working high, stealing money, messy personal life(including DV), not how you succeed in the modern wrestling business.

I’m sorry I got sympy for people falling down addiction holes.

Nah, it's good to have sympathy for them. People who laugh at addiction are pretty callous. Always liked G-Raver as a fan but I'm with you, dude needs help.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

Has anyone hear with asthma ever had a reaction to the light-tube dust?

I have ringside tix for GCW tomorrow and my gf really wants to come, but has problems with asthma and is worried about the light tubes. Any advice should she skip it or is it NBD? Maybe bring a bandana or mask?

Mask up either way but I've never heard of that. Definitely mask up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At this point CNN just has a stable of red neck safari articles that they publish on rotation

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Garcia is a menace and I love it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

I mean if you're gonna lay it on GCW you might as well lay it on whoever decided Fans Bring the Weapons should be a regular thing. Show security at indie shows has always been lax as gently caress.

I do think we should get back to common sense fan behavior tho. Like don't throw poo poo in the ring, respect other fans, etc. ICW:NHB of all places does a real good job keeping the energy positive. Except for the piss jug guy. And the stabbing.

I lay it on both. That dude is a habitual line stepper and needs to be tossed out so that everyone who can behave themselves can enjoy a cool environment where you get to be close to the wrestlers because everyone can behave. But it's on the promotions to be the ones to toss people.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

is shlaks head tattoo actually where eat my fuc's name comes from? I did not know that.

It's also a GG Allen album

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I bought some earasers for concerts and love them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the point of front row tickets is that you get to catch the wrestlers and any shards of glass

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He knows a lot of close up magic and recently started doing shows. I think it's something he's done as a hobby for a while

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't care about GCW melting down after a bunch of success because they don't really come north of New York.

Now Beyond melting down after a bunch of success, hahaha it sucks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm thinking about it but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I don't think I can swing it :(

I'm sure the couple will understand why you can't make it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really don't think I ever want to be at the White Eagle on a Friday at noon.