Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

all of this is beautiful

Personally would have waited to post vulns for a few months just to let people post things to hang themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t grill much but still

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1410631953460641796?s=21

Grilled hot dogs and burgs are great.

Grilled burgs are great, I have no opinion on hot dog cooking.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If they're that easy to find, somebody else would've found and published them pretty soon anyway.

Yes, which is why we as security professionals have to do better for society instead of just instantly post vulns just to have "first post"

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

My only negative opinion on BBQ is Burnt Ends, No thanks on Burnt Ends.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

If this person is being genuine and not actually trying to put a collaborator on a pedestal, it's still a really weird thing to post a Nazi Collaborator as an example of Women doing horrible poo poo. I mean hell, post Olga of Kiev for basically firebombing an entire city and then cutting down or enslaving anyone who fled.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Correct, but when every single policy is turning into a payout in pretty short order they have a bit of a problem. Insurance is predicated on most people paying into it not actually cashing out

I suspect if it gets that bad cyber insurance companies are gonna get as cut throat as car insurance. "Sorry friend, didn't upgrade your routers firmware last month? That may as well be an act of god, we're not covering."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Is curling the only olympic sport that isn't about being the strongest or fastest at something?

Its fun btw, everyone should see if theres a place near you.

:checks:

Archery, Golf, Equestrian stuff and shooting.

I would also lump modern point fighting karate in there as well.

edit: Oh there's a kata portion for Karate, so definitely that at the very least.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I have bad memories of the olympics.

I wanted to see judo, but my parents took my little brother to judo and my aunt took me to see mens gymnastics.

Then some rear end in a top hat tried to blow my older brother up because abortion or some poo poo.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

What is supposed be impressive about this? Isn't ramjet tech a 60's/70's thing.

It's not like they made it commercially available either with a 400k price tag.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

Help me understand where this commonplace space travel would go to

obviously to the bezos international space port on the moon.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Like for instance, that YouTube court livestream is dead, and court reporters are like AAAAAAAAAA as they're already spooked:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1414681927911677954

Aren't most court proceedings of public record outside of things involving minors? Why doesn't the judge want people to watch the fun?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Court proceedings are typically open to the public however recording them is almost always universally prohibited.

Yea, that's what I was wondering, the whys of that. Is there some opsec secret why recordings are not allowed beyond the obvious issues of potentially smuggling weapons into the court room?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

This is standard practice, if you haven't been deprovisioned between getting called into the HR office and arriving there to get the news then your IT department is frankly negligent.

Not necessarily true. I, for example, work at a place which tells you someone is being let go as they are leaving the HR office even though IT has yelled at them constantly this is dangerous.

This is what happens when IT is the lowest department on the totem poll

edit:

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie's State Department spokesperson thinks they all look alike.

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1415001286169276425?s=19

For a second I thought someone was making a rare stand against Japans treatment of the Chinese civilian population during/before WW2 and was gonna be surprised.

Nope, the commenter just mistook china for japan.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 13, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Natural progression of dislike of anyone with formal education beyond middle school

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

I hope they rolled their own crypto.

I'm willing to bet all of the apps on this app store are gonna be bitcoin miners in disguise.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Perhaps, but I think that having the entire Joint Chiefs quit would also result in everyone down the chain from Trump's yes-men telling said yes-men to kiss their asses they're not following illegal orders.

The bigger point, I think, is that the JCS thought they needed a plan in case Trump attempted a military coup.

Alternatively if enough of the military is so far gone it might not matter what the JCS says or does so it'd be dudes fleeing for their life.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

Eh, owning two houses isn't exactly the problem here, nor is it in any way the cause of the problems we're having.

Two house owner spotted.

edit: IMO anyone owning more than one house is a problem, yes memaw with a rental property isn't as big of a problem as big bank co owning hundreds of properties, but the problem is "permanent housing is unaffordable" not "banks own more rental properties than individual citizens own rental properties"

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 20, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Grip it and rip it posted:

The majority of most ceo compensation packages is already company stock so I dont see what this would actually do. If you are the CEO of a company whose stock goes to 0 you are already working at a loss

I think it's attempting to stop CEO's from doing a lovely job and selling before the stock is worthless or selling out before something tanks the stock like a security issue. Also if I remember correctly, if a company goes under certain grades of stock get paid out before other debts get a cut, so really if a stock hits zero and a company goes in the shitter execs still get paid out.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Notahippie posted:

On the one hand, Burrill is one of the "deny Biden Communion" crowd and so there's a certain angle of being hoist on his own petard here. On the other, this is probably going to feed the nascent witchhunt for gay priests that tradcaths are starting to organize.

You can be both angry that the face eating leopards eat peoples faces, and laugh at the face eating leopard supporters getting their faces eaten. If someone is gonna get their face eaten anyway, it may as well be the rear end in a top hat cheering them on.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Space marines was right there.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Notahippie posted:

It looks like this is what happened. Grindr sold their database to an aggregator and a tradcath website bought it as a journalist. Since it's Grindr they just went looking for id's that showed up at UCCB events and presumably other high-level Catholic locations, then backtracked to find residences. I have no idea how many high-profile priests are on Grindr, but I suspect there are a few sweaty Roman collars right now because I doubt he's going to be the last one outed here.

Someone should try to tease this out with conservative law makers, if for no other reason than to get more stringent privacy laws in place.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Someones bound to make an art book where it's

Twitter dude being anti-mask/anti-vax -> gets covid -> dies.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

What a coincidence that white conservatives think voting not a right

I think the more surprising take is, a third of hispanics and asians, and near a fourth of black of people surveyed want their voting rights abridged.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

There's only two things I know about Ohio

Cincinnati Chili and Electric Six's "Escape from Ohio", neither of which paint Ohio favorably in my eyes.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

US Berder Patrol posted:

makes sense if you consider chili mac's inherent goodness

edit: I don't know what Cincinnati or Skyline brand chili is like to be fair

It's chili with the following differences

No Beans
Allspice and Cinnamon
on top of spaghetti noodles

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

stealie72 posted:

My mom used to buy me Mexican food tv dinners when i was a kid in the 80s. Case Bonita was worse.

I haven't thought about two enchilda, rice, and bean tv dinners in an age.

I remember eating the hell out of them as a kid. I think I'm gonna go pick one up for nostalgias sake

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

That Works posted:

Yeah generally these places are doing full month deposit only and the problem you run into is just that they ghost you after you leave and don't send you anything back or return calls etc and are holding around 2k in deposit. Very rarely do you get one trying to make a claim of some damage or something that's BS. Usually it's just a no contact kind of thing. They make you fight for it.

Rented a place once, me and my roomates accidentally put some holes in the drywalls moving in and some other random damage that we did a lovely job patching up, but they didn't notice or point out the obviously lovely patch/repair jobs. They instead pointed out the hole in the wall in the basement, where the dryer exhaust is routed, and the fact the kitchen cabinets that I had video from the move in that showed they didn't open right. So uh... landlords are a land of contrast I guess?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

I haven't thought about two enchilda, rice, and bean tv dinners in an age.

I remember eating the hell out of them as a kid. I think I'm gonna go pick one up for nostalgias sake

Trip report before the thread closes for the month, but lol this was a mistake. I guess poo poo just tastes better when you grow up with it. It was real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Eej posted:

When you grow up you're supposed to make the real stuff yourself

Yea, and I do make the real stuff. I just have real low standards and am not above microwave dinners