Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I hate anidav!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Free muyb

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BBJoey posted:

i am calling a leadership spill

Lmao look at this vic nationals looking nerd

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Aware posted:

3 positive cases in aged care in NSW lessssgoooo

"Three residents at a Sydney aged care home where a worker tested positive for COVID-19 last week have contracted the virus.

Two of the residents are fully vaccinated.

"With 96 per cent of our 149 residents vaccinated and the measures we are taking to ensure their health and safety, we are confident about the outcome," a spokesperson said."

Given the apparent level of vaccination this doesn't seem panic level?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

freebooter posted:

Sydney extending the lockdown by another week after Perth and Brisbane and Darwin have exited theirs, I'm sure this will cause a re-examination of the "you should avoid lockdown until it's absolutely unavoidable" mentality in Sydneysiders

Nah lol

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Launchpad McQuack posted:

"2 weeks to flatten the curve and give our hospitals a chance to get ready."

Remember that. Then I couldnt work for months and almost lost my house.

I don't know how we got here but we have gotten to the point where anyone getting sick in a pandemic is totally unacceptable from a political point of view.

This is going to go on for years over here while the rest of the world.has moved on isn't it?

Actually getting covid is bad

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Centusin posted:

I can't believe that telephoto lens photos of people outside was still enough to convince people that it's a nothing lockdown, it's just permanently April 2020 in Auspol I guess. If you look at the recent google mobility data you'll see -33% for retail and recreation spaces, -18% for parks, -62% for public transport and -35% for workplaces, that's for all of NSW and many places aren't in lockdown. There's been so many photos of people outside at Bondi floating around, but the Waverley council area is -50% in all areas except supermarkets which are -30%. This sort of lockdown seems to have restricted mobility and didn't involve human rights violations by locking people in public housing towers on short notice and never apologising for it.

Hrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/juliette_io/status/1412604628584206342?s=20

Here we can compare two recent lock downs. I ask the thread to come to its own conclusion s based on the evidence.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Centusin posted:

Isn't the conclusion what I posted? Considering I was never comparing which lockdown was the most lockdown, I was just stating that it's disingenuous to refer to it as a 'mockdown' when there has clearly been a decrease in all areas. Grocery shopping was well above baseline pre-lockdown, and is now at baseline levels. For example, pre lockdown Bankstown was +40% compared to Baseline and is now +15%. The drop would be even bigger if the lockdown was state wide, but it isn't and hopefully won't need to be.

We can clearly see the difference between an effective lockdown and what ever Sydney is doing

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

In Sydney’s defence (:barf:) case numbers remaining relatively flat support that the lockdown has been relatively effective at flattening the curve. How long they’d need to keep this style of lockdown to achieve elimination of community transmission given delta strain though, who the gently caress knows but it doesn’t look great

While true that there hasn't been massive spikes in cases there seems to still be a non insignificant ammount of community non house hold transmission and cases out in the community while infectious. I'd posit that stricter restrictions on movement/allowed work would be more effective in seeing cases go down.

I dont really think that people on Bondi Beach is really the issue but is probably more being spread by parties/work/orgies by NRL players.

https://twitter.com/juliette_io/status/1412578113712640001?s=20

Solemn Sloth posted:

I also think there’s a big chance given comments by the Premier and Health Minister that they’ll do something incredibly loving stupid like say we’ve stabilised at 20 cases a day so we can loosen restrictions and get some real exponential growth going

The NSW government has a massive collection of incredibly dumb humans who will 100% open em up leading to the big lockie D in a month

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 7, 2021

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Also hosed up you'd defend Sydney muyb wtf

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

NSW is bad.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Honestly in hindsight NSW cops responding to calls for more stringent lockdown by sending mounted cops into typically diverse low income areas was predictable.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Periphery posted:

NSW with 44 new cases and 29 of them roaming the community while infectious.

But the Google movement data!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Just had the first jab and imo we should open up the country

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Awww dang ok 6 more weeks

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Annex Southern NSW imo

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

gently caress scomo and this abysmal vaccine rollout tbh

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

birdstrike posted:

It’s me tommu, I’m PRguy, it was me all along

Look if im not allowed to doxx you can't either

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

bowmore posted:

Did they get lucky or did they just respond correctly?

Honestly vic could have dodged a second week if we'd locked down sooner

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Laserface posted:

They only come in here to defend the fed/nsw gov whenever it gets spicy, just ignore them.

SA got agents of the state but not the ones QCS suspected

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mr weimar has been hinting very heavily its happening very soon and that the rats should flee south.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

They're bots, no one lives in the ACT.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Bbjoey is a collective hallucination

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

https://t.co/P0vj4AuRHT?amp=1

Lmao

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

He's running

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

A Sydney man, who today received his fourth dose of a coronavirus vaccine, has said he doubled up on AstraZeneca and Pfizer to give him greater immunity against the worrying disease.

Tom Lee, a 34-year-old from Sydney, told news.com.au he was feeling “fine” after his second Pfizer dose this afternoon.
“I’ve seen people feeling sick after the second Pfizer. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me,” he said.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Paging cat interceptor to tell me what this means for the possibility of a corona super villain

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

What are the private school fees for year 28? :chanpop:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

This dudes amazing and I love him

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Laserface posted:

hes a Sky news presenter and gross piece of poo poo so mock the death of all his children imo.

This is weird please don't do this

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

How am I supposed to win worst poster awards when y’all doin this

Why didn't you give up after that dude who said liberal staffers being raped was OK

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Its literally just culture war

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Launchpad McQuack posted:

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated. The population believed it. We aren't world leaders, we are better than any country, we have had our head up our so far up our arse and now it is gonna come around to bite us in the arse. Aussie are about to get a sorely needed lesson in the facts of life. We are gonna go through this year what the rest of the world went through last year. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

Agreed. We should in fact "let it rip"

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

*watching as the delta virus slips containment lines*

Yesss Yeeessss

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

You know better than to respond to a LNP forum bot

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

.......??? Sorry dont read this thread enough to know whose what so I'm presuming some sort of good faith reply is best

Centusin is JBP doing a bit on an alt

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Comstar posted:

I was going to see my sonn runn around choosing a birthday present in a toy store for the first time this weekend. Get my wife a nice present. Get my lawn mower fixed. See my family inn on place for the first time inn a few months.

Get my keyboard fixed because some of the keys are not workinng correctly. First world problems I knnow.

See that all next week or next month after the 5 day lockdow announnced that's going to be today.

I was hoping to see you stop posting

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ShoeFly posted:

If your keyboard keeps getting worse it might still happen

It'll hit a crescendo of even more panicked posting before it does though.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

freebooter posted:

just because everyone on this forum is a curtain-twitching weirdo who never leaves the house doesn't mean the rest of Australia is obliged to live like that.

I have vivid memories of your posting last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"If they had no symptoms" doing a lot of lifting in that sentence.

I dont think you can reasonably blame asymptomatic people.