Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Anidav is the Scott Morrison of this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav is actually more like the Ben roberts smith of this thread, abuses legal proceedings to silence dissent.

Also the war crimes.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m glad we have such a wealth of expert knowledge in auspol, although it does make me question why we even need bodies like the AHPPC and ATAGI. Abolish them and just give premiers a copy of the monthly word cloud as their public health advice.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Comstar posted:

There has been exactly TWO people who may have died from AZ. The belief in being an anti-vaxer is like being a climate denier.

Compared to Covid Cases 30,734 +15 Recovered and 910 Deaths.

So you go on being a covid denier then. I can't stop you.

Imagine being this much of a ScoMo stan

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How long before ComStar starts spruiking for clean coal and gas as a transition energy?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ComStar, if this were a decision made on legitimate public health grounds do you think:

The PM/Health Minister/CMO might have treated it as a key part of the announceables coming out of national cabinet, rather than stumbling across it in response to a question about GO indemnity?

Do you think ATAGI might come out in support of it, especially given a week previously they had raised the age recommended for AZ?

Do you think the AHPPC might come out in support, rather than members leaking against it?

All the evidence we have points to us completely rewriting public health policy because the Government refuses to admit that the PM misspoke at a press conference.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Scott Morrison mislabeled a song he's going down we loving got him.

I’d like to see him wriggle his way out of this one

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spookydonut posted:

Even if we get to 90% vaxxed we aren't gonna drop all restrictions completely because of the people who can't get vaxxed and you can still shed and spread virus even when fully vaxxed.

The federal government is absolutely going to say gently caress you let er rip to anyone who permanently can’t get vaccinated. States might be a bit less death culty but I wouldn’t put money on it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Peccadillo posted:

If you're well enough to write the message to say you can't come in you're well enough to read and reply to emails and go to meetings or do nerd poo poo, you ain't swinging a tool

I should specify that that I believe that is hosed, and it should gently caress off

My employer is supportive of me being able to make the call between "can work, don't want to risk infecting anyone else" and "can't work". Unfortunately this definitely seems to be the exception and theres a fuckton of middle manager syndrome out there.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Oh no our do gently caress all approach hasn’t immediately yielded the covid zero result that we have been whiteanting since the pandemic loving began, it is with a heavy heart that I tell you we’ll just have to live with the virus and it’s a sheer coincidence that this has been our intent all along.

Can the rest of the states vote to secede from NSW?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Capt.Whorebags posted:

You have to prioritise aged care shut-ins first, otherwise the LNP mail ballot vote harvesting operation won’t work.

why should death stop you voting LNP?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

teacup posted:

Ahahah these stupid, stupid fucks

:respek:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tommunist posted:

We can clearly see the difference between an effective lockdown and what ever Sydney is doing

In Sydney’s defence (:barf:) case numbers remaining relatively flat support that the lockdown has been relatively effective at flattening the curve. How long they’d need to keep this style of lockdown to achieve elimination of community transmission given delta strain though, who the gently caress knows but it doesn’t look great.

I also think there’s a big chance given comments by the Premier and Health Minister that they’ll do something incredibly loving stupid like say we’ve stabilised at 20 cases a day so we can loosen restrictions and get some real exponential growth going

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tommunist posted:

While true that there hasn't been massive spikes in cases there seems to still be a non insignificant ammount of community non house hold transmission and cases out in the community while infectious. I'd posit that stricter restrictions on movement/allowed work would be more effective in seeing cases go down.

I dont really think that people on Bondi Beach is really the issue but is probably more being spread by parties/work/orgies by NRL players.

https://twitter.com/juliette_io/status/1412578113712640001?s=20

The NSW government has a massive collection of incredibly dumb humans who will 100% open em up leading to the big lockie D in a month

I think those numbers indicate that NSWs previous approach of trusting contact tracing to get on top of an outbreak in the community just can’t work for delta strain.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tommunist posted:

Also hosed up you'd defend Sydney muyb wtf

I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m trying to delete it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Gladys marginally less of an idiot than previously thought

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Destrado posted:

While yes, the media is feral, NSW Labor is still a wasteland. Minns is going with the classic "hide at the back of the class and hope no-one calls on you" opposition strategy that Labor have perfected over ten years now.

Also even with the media going full mask off right wing nut job in Victoria the opposition hasn’t even been a consideration since the pandemic except when they failed a spill

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Senor Tron posted:

Conservative governments love roads because they let them do economic stimulus and infrastructure spending in a way that still let's all the people use it feel like rugged individuals that don't need no help from anyone.

You’re reading way too much into it they love roads because they can pay the companies they’ll soon be directors of to build them

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think we need to re-examine our strategy for NSW, instead of walling them out we should start walling them in. Border communities can hold a plebiscite to determine which side of the wall they end up on.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

E:wrong thread

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like there are a ton of people more worthy to dunk on than an infectious diseases professor at UNSW who appears to have made a good faith argument on a different public health approach but that’s just me

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Now look, I hate Sydney as much as anyone.

That’s all I’ve got.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

bowmore posted:

ALP tragics sure are obsessed with scumos appearance

Reverse sexism imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

77 today and “I will be shocked if it’s not 100+ tomorrow”
:chanpop:

Lots of commentary on the cost of lockdown, not much commentary on the enormous economic benefits if we just let the entire population of NSW die. Would put serious upward pressure on wage growth, downward pressure on house prices, and many estates would have no surviving benefactors so would be a real boon for the balance sheets of QLD, SA, VIC and ACT after figuring out partition of territories.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 11, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hooman posted:

Amazing how they seem totally unfamiliar with the concept that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

Unfortunately we’re a few centuries late to prevent NSW, so we’ve got to make do

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm not sure why it hasnt happened already

Dan has gone as soft as his vertebrae

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Should have happened at least a week ago

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

kirbysuperstar posted:

also that ad is stupid and bad, nurses don't let you suffer in icu like that

Intubate them so you don’t have to talk to them, bonus points because covid patients won’t have have visitors so you can just chill out, do your cpd, etc

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tommunist posted:

A Sydney man, who today received his fourth dose of a coronavirus vaccine, has said he doubled up on AstraZeneca and Pfizer to give him greater immunity against the worrying disease.

Tom Lee, a 34-year-old from Sydney, told news.com.au he was feeling “fine” after his second Pfizer dose this afternoon.
“I’ve seen people feeling sick after the second Pfizer. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me,” he said.

What are the private school fees for year 28? :chanpop:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

this is a small potatoes crime for 7 sports coverage compared to their footy commentating lineup :barf:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How am I supposed to win worst poster awards when y’all doin this

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tommunist posted:

Why didn't you give up after that dude who said liberal staffers being raped was OK

Wasn’t that also laserface?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I didnt report him but anidav is a loving coward if thats not worth a probation.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Halo14 posted:

Rumours are he's being parachuted into Wentworth.

I thought they only took female prisoners?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

two chains of transmission currently in Vic, with the MCG listed as an exposure site last Saturday, among others

bodes well!

It’s in the members reserve so either we avoid an outbreak or I move up the queue for full membership, win win

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Launchpad McQuack posted:

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated. The population believed it. We aren't world leaders, we are better than any country, we have had our head up our so far up our arse and now it is gonna come around to bite us in the arse. Aussie are about to get a sorely needed lesson in the facts of life. We are gonna go through this year what the rest of the world went through last year. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

Shut the gently caress up gladys

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Centusin posted:

On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...ox=1626226978-1

Also remember how this NSW outbreak started because of a guy that drove the crew from a freight plane?

I agree this is definitely a problem the states made and definitely not the fault of the federal government due to their failure in:

Providing adequate quarantine facilities

Not telling the 18,000 short term visitors who arrived for conferences, business, or holiday from January to May this year to gently caress off

Vaccinating the general population

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Comstar posted:

VIC is going to be back in lockdown by Monday.

If they don’t announce lockdown tomorrow afternoon they are loving up on a Gladystan scale

quote:

I hope those who chose not to bother getting their JAB are reconsidering it.

I’ll continue to take my medical advice from actual doctors rather than the ComStar and Morrison clownshow

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

a. The quarantine failures are the Federal govt fault for not taking resonsibility for something that is in fact their responsibility. There has been more than enough time for a dedicated facility that could have expanded traveller caps.

b. The fact sports / business people and celebrities are allowed to come in and out while tens of thousands of ordinary Australians have to sit by and just take it isnt the fault of the states.

c. The vaccination rollout and messaging has been a disaster from rear end in a top hat to breakfast, almost all of that due to the federal sphere leaving a population almost uniquely in the world vunerable to Covid Delta

Australians have more sympathy for those who have been cut off from either coming home or from family than you seem to presume and I for one completely understand what those are going through as I have skin in this game. Again, it's the Fed's fault, not the states.

Said "medical" advice was based on the presumption spread of Covid would be near zero and not based on the science the available vaccine was actually very safe. This one small outbreak has put more people in hospital than the entire AZ vaccination programme of several million doses.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-hospitalised/nsw

Yes, and I trust ATAGI to reassess the exposure risk and issue new advice if they deem it necessary rather than going off the word of some internet shut-ins and a twice-sacked marketing executive from the shire.

It’s honestly astounding that you seem to think that following the advice of the expert body established specifically to provide this kind of advice is some kind of fringe position.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

A fatal blood clot is even more effective than Pfizer at stopping you transmitting covid-19, do it for the economy