Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Please end this pandemic so we can bring back UberPools as soon as possible

I was sad to see that when uber pool came back in Perth you got like $1 off for booking one, then don't get the extra 30% unless someone actually shares with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

froglet posted:

The worst thing is that the main exposure sites have all been "massage" parlours, so obviously nobody was checking in even if there was a QR code.

For those following along at home - this is not a joke based on nothing. They are apparently all knock shops and the case seems to be a staff member (it's hard to keep track but is possibly the "unknown source" case)

They are taking the extra step of asking people to turn themselves in to the health department even if they don't test positive

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Emperor McGowan giving a second COVID press conference today.... Can't be good

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

yoloer420 posted:

What was the first about? I missed it.

They announced 5 cases earlier today - was probably just the health minister.

This one is premier during primetime, it'll be a change to school opening or the Feb 5 reopening plan

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I think it's a bit like the email scams, it's bad on purpose to explicitly target people with critical thinking deficiencies.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

JBP posted:

Yeah it's insane. They also keep knocking back minimum wage and award increases because they're all lib cronies that play golf and do gently caress all else.

Honestly the minimum wage should be automatically indexed to CPI or something. (Even if the index is negative btw)

It's criminal that the poorest people need to constantly fight to not go backwards.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Not all of those participating in politics are aware of "the grid"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Anidav posted:

People in gridlock

:golfclap:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

BrigadierSensible posted:

A single press conference saying "Yep, that was me. Scott and I don't get along, and often disagree. But you don't need to be best friends with everyone you work with, and in politics, some robust disagreement/argument is often a good thing. I completely support him and the LNP." would have cleared everything up.

"The pm has my full support" is like step 2 of the spill playbook....

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for January:

RAIL
TANKS

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

trashbadger posted:

I was in Coles this morning and shelves definitely looked a lot more empty than usual, people are preparing for the apocalypse by buying up all the rice, oats, chicken nuggets and cat food. Every supermarket near me has quantity limits on cat food, but it's not a problem in the pet supply stores so I'm not sure if it's a supply chain thing or if there are just loads of cat-owning preppers.

It's not panic buying... It's literally nothing getting across the Nullarbor after the trainline washout.
It'll be a couple of weeks before the shops are properly stocked again.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Comstar posted:

Just heard on the radio that Probuild is going into Administration

I can only presume corruption is involved- how else can you lose money building property in Australia these days?

Fixed price contracts without escape clauses for input costs rising?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Can't you only claim the tax deduction if you claim the donations as income?

It's more likely that it's another way to put together a marketing list and funnel some money into mates businesses for "support" and "rebuilding"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Eediot Jedi posted:

If they take your donation and claim it is income, then claim a deduction for that income, they... Profit?

Well yeah.... It's extra cashflow and works like an interest free loan from you until they get around to the donation.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It's also amazing how little he has achieved

Like there's sub-single term PMs with greater accomplishments

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Even Tony "3-word-slogan" Abbott seemed to actually have an agenda to prosecute compared to Scummo

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The hardest part of numbering every box is how to decide which of the far right shitbirds goes last...

Also my HoR electorate is generally so bad that the greens HTV has libs in #3

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Or overestimated cartoons ability to :justpost:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Scotty fails so hard at everything what happens if he just fails to call the election?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

bowmore posted:

They may be grateful if places like the ABC keep shouting that it's a $420 cash payment*

*Tax cut in small font

Especially those of us that won't do that tax return until sometime in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

With how good electric bikes & scooters have become it's only a matter of time before that becomes a serious mode of transport and more infrastructure is required

They are already a bit of a nuisance on bike paths given their huge speed advantage & relatively loving clueless operators (comparing a cyclist who can go 30km/h+ to a doofus on an e-scooter)