Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
maybe the funniest spot of the night on a show that had literally dozens of great spots
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1412954002971561989

Cutler:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've decided I'm going to be really into whatever dumb bullshit lore stuff Black does, so please everyone prepare yourselves for that.

Unless it's like fiend level bad. But as long as it's not that I'm gonna call it "the fiend done right" even if it's nothing like the Fiend.

Thank you all for your time.

give him a weird relationship with Abadon

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

I really wonder how the Team Taz thing will go. The obvious thing is them all turning on Cage, but Ricky has also been getting on the team's nerves recently too. I'd kind of love it if Taz just washed his hands of the whole thing and kicks them both out. He's got Hobbs and HOOK, he'll be fine

i think Cage wins and the team rallies around him to beat Starks out of the team and start a long term feud.

i think Starks is way better as a solo act

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

I would be worried about Darby v Ethan but given he survived this I think he's invincible

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1412934411474067461

i like how with a Darby bump you gotta be like "well, crashing really hard into the guard rail probably helped him a bit here"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
looking at the schedule, seems like we'll get the Jericho VS MJF blowoff at All Out, i'm just dreading having to watch so much Jericho wrestling over the next 2 months. he looks like he's getting in better shape lately, so maybe he wants to go out on a high note and show people some poo poo, idk

MJF didn't specify anything really about the opponents other than they'd be "of his choosing", i imagine we'll get Spears and Wardlow, but really curious about the other 2, probably one surprising in house talent and then maybe a one-off *fRoM yoUr pAsT*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

At this point I just want Solow and Comoroto to feud with a face team that's nothing to do with Cody and try to get the stench off them

yeah, i feel for Comoroto in this whole thing

i mean, Ogogo did knock Cody's block off on Dynamite, that was cool, but i'll be glad when everyone moves on. have The Factory terrorize the mid card, i wanna see Comoroto dunking BPJ in a toilet

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope Malakai Black infects the rest of the locker room with Lore so like we start getting moody social media vignettes about the true struggle inside the heart of Alex Abrahantes or whomever

what evil lurks in the heart of Alex Marvez?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Kenny's reign still has so much mileage, he's not losing to Hangman until the end of the year. He'll have matches with Christian Cage and maybe Elite Hunter Kazarian.

They need to keep them separated a bit then, because the crowd is screaming in ecstasy for it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Scarf posted:

Wish Wardlow had gotten more action in the trios match. Dude was fuckin clean in what action he did have.

i was surprised by both he and actually Jake in that match as well, they may have found the best way to use Jake (hot tags and house cleaning spots that end around 45 seconds when he tags out)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fuego and Kilynn feel like locks, Baron Black needs a gimmick retool or a tag team or something to get him over the line imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleopolis posted:

I really wish Penta would drop the Joker gear. I miss when pneta had a different design each week. I want my skeleton man back. :(

he had on his especially decorative red gear on Dark this week, it's sick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqhytLvbim4&t=6856s

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fyter Fest night 1 is almost sold out, that's 8000 souls :staredog:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

It's sold out, (there might be 6 tickets left) but the wrestling capacity is 4,400.

aw that sucks, i thought it was a bigger deal, but still, that rules and i'm excited for those shows

the crowds have been amazing so far and it'll probably continue for months :unsmith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Charlie was right about carrying the belt everywhere. just imagine how disappointed you'd be if you bumped into the champ and he didn't have the belt

i know miro is carrying that poo poo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if any of you All Out goons want a good hang out/eating rec near the NOW Arena, i suggest The Lucky Monk in Barrington, really great food/brews

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

and signs. i'm so happy signs are back. been thinking about this one

:hmmyes:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

thanks, i could use some more recs. my last two experiences in that area were pretty terrible outside of the wrestling stuff. i'm staying in actual chicago this time instead of near the arena so that should make the trip a bit better

my favorite city rec is the restaurant "Q", they have these mac and cheese brisket skillets that are amazing

and its name is really funny in 2021, get some pics, tell your friends you're eating babies

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I know you didn't mean talent research and development but I still choose to believe he's spent the last 2 months in a lab trying to make more WARDLOWs

CD in a lab coat with glasses grimly watching assistants pile up slabs of beef in the shape of a man

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
here's dat amazing backflip spot again
https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1413275491054899200

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

The lights went out right after QT started bleeding in the strap match. JR even remarked that his face was becoming a "crimson mask" immediately before it happened.

It's clear to me now that the demons in QT Marshall's blood were released into the air at that moment, causing the creation / summoning / awakening of Malakai Black.

the ritual site was created beneath the ring, the blood merely sanctified it, the question now is who built it there!?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he wanted to feud with team taz but there's no word that rhymes with orange

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
awesome Ed Roth vibe on that shirt

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Bee posted:

Watched the show tonight. Andrade was great but he doesn’t need 50 things: the mask, the suit, the belt, the manager, the guy who holds his stuff, and his finisher which is just his nickname again? Focus on one or two effective things and go from there.

yeah i kinda agree and dunno why he felt the need to ineffectually yank on Sydal's arm afterward, it sapped the energy from his performance as kind of an "okay?" thing

being menacing and an air of being dangerous is way more interesting than actually scumbagging someone like that lol, and he has those things perfectly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah this guy is nuts and has no ability for self reflection or even parsing reality correctly, he should be on a list and stopped at the gates by armed security forever because who the gently caress knows what he'll do next time

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Lmao these Cornette and Vincel types are really getting to the level of actual domestic terrorist incels huh

trying to imagine how different the talk radio wars would have been in the Trump era

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

They did this for the entire My Chemical Romance reunion tour for all non-presale tickets and it was insane and all my aging emo friends were very upset. Ticketmaster sucks rear end.

your friends should be happy that tickets were sold for their fair market value!!!!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, this elevation looks stacked

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
King is like 90% there, she just needs some tweaks to thread it all together. She had some kickass red/black gear she should wear again, and maybe get a bit more heelish, her size/physique definitely supports it, i love the knucklelock taunting spot she does

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
saw this on twitter, oh man our boys have come so far!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
please give me some interactions between Max and Luther, as well as some bars

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

Now that most of the spoiler thread stuff is announced, very curious about regular Dark because, as you can see, it's over ten freaking matches on Dark:Elevation, and nothing was filmed for Dark.

might be stitched together from whatever they had left laying around in the can to give some extra time for the b-unit to figure poo poo out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:rip:

edit: i wonder if we'll see a Ricky Starks run in...

edit 2: do you think Ricky needs a second / new finisher? i feel like there are gonna be too many dudes in AEW that he can't convincingly Ro-Sham-Bo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413879433627279367

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CombineThresher posted:

That's great to hear. Sonny has "future of AEW" potential and has really stepped up her game over the past year. Her strikes in particular look vicious.

i agree, ish, i just wish she'd trade in some of the more acrobatic moves for stuff that hits harder

the rapid kissmissile (cartwheel handspring slap) is fine as a signature, but none of the split legged stuff looks like it has much impact at all, the split legged stunner kinda works if she can get a better handle on it, but if it can't hit hard, pitch it for something that does imo, and she'll have a TNT champ run sooner than later

but yeah the strikes are vicious and :discourse:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
#scoop: scoopsgal was seen kicking over a meatball stand in Chelsea a few minutes ago, hollering about bringing it home

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

so in the next Nightmare Family vs Factory encounter it'll be QT and Ogogo vs Cody and the #ALLELITE debut of his new tag partner, Ogogo's greatest foe: the entirety of Italy.

Peter Avaloni with a thin mustache and a big gold chain riding to the ring on a vespa

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you can't fool me, that's one of the glamour shots from Napoleon Dynamite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fuego is gonna tornado DDT Matt Hardy into the shadow realm and when he's just about to pick up the 3 some dirtbag from HFO will yank him out and the crowd will go apoplectic