Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

God damnit

Really bad stick drift on the left stick already, and the various deadzone calibration screens are confusing as hell - there's a global one, then a game specific one, but the game specific one isn't the same as the global one, and it's not clear when they actually apply to the game - it seems to require a restart of the game to work, which makes testing miserable

And there doesn't appear to be an option to recalibrate the stick to use the new drifting center, only fiddle with deadzones

I'm assuming this has been bitched about at length in here already, guess it's off to google to look for solutions :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Deck has now wiped two of my cloud saves

Think I'll uh, not use it for a bit till I figure out what the gently caress

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm getting a persistent and incredibly annoying issue where the steam loading logo does not disappear after starting a game

thing is, the game IS started, if I push either steam button it's visible running fine in the background, but as soon as I leave the menu the loading screen pops up again

only fix is rebooting - anyone know how to fix this?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I've seen this too and rebooting is the answer.

gdi :(

it makes sleeping the deck useless, which is like, a big part of using the deck

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Do you have a custom wake animation? I used to have this problem until I disabled that, but I don’t know if the bug was fixed.

that's a good question, any idea where that setting is? I know I changed the keyboard, but I think the wake is default (at least, it's just the deck logo iirc)

I'll check it later though, thanks for the suggestion

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

my deck seems to be happy to delete my cloud saves from desktop so that's kinda cool

please stop steam deck

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I want to play a coop mp game with a family member, they do not have a steam account - is it possible for me to play with them, me on PC, them on Steamdeck, using my library? Or do I need to create a new steam account on the deck and buy the game on that account?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

After the battery died while asleep, I can't get my Deck to boot again

Battery light works, haptics work, chime sounds, but black screen and no boot

I tried all the 'hold ... and volume+' fixes I saw on steam forums and reddit, but while it did the 3 lights flashing bit, it wouldn't boot after that either

Anyone know any alternative fixes?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

update on my annoying 'deck won't boot' issue

I got it to boot... by connecting it to a tv (???)

but as soon as I disconnect it, the screen stops working again

so either the screen died or there's still something hosed that I need to change somewhere

guess I can try a factory reset next

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you boot into bios on the deck?

no idea, what's the method and what can I tinker with there that'd help?

edit: trying to boot into bios makes the fan spin up I guess that's useful :v:

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Connect to the tv in desktop mode and check your display settings. I had the same issue once and fixed it there. Sounds like it’s booting fine and just not putting anything on the screen.

I looked at display settings first but I didn't see anything obvious, is there some setting that needs to be changed to make it display on the deck?

disconnecting while it's on and hooked up to the TV also instantly blacked the screen, so it's not displaying properly even even on

edit: tried manually lowering the res, still won't display disconnected

victrix fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 28, 2024

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Analog triggers on the dualsense with haptics and resistance are amazing - Returnal is probably the best showcase for that

You still can't be a monkey and bash butan, but any game that has haptics on PC, I'll plug in the usb cord just for that

(why the gently caress do the haptics need the cord on pc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

tried a factory reset, screen still doesn't work, rip steamed dick 2022-2024

time to responsibly RMA it buy an oled model