Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gettin my deck today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

got a couple vampire survivors unlocks and got ff14 up and running last night

can anyone clarify exactly what bios pack is needed and where it should go for emudeck because the guides are like 'it should be easy to find an archive with google' and then because google sucks rear end and the internet is dead you just get 15 reddit results looking for the same thing and some people find a couple zips but all have conflicting information on whether subfolders are an issue and etc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I tried warpinator for file sharing and the windows client finds the deck for like half a second and then says it's offline, while the deck client can't see anything

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Make sure you're using Winpinator on the windows side.

yeah I am, and let (both instances of?) it through the windows firewall so idk

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah saw that suggested on reddit and had no luck with that either. thanks tho

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

should i update the emudeck emulators flatpaks when they come up with update needed in discover. i ran the installer again to see if those would pull the most recent versions but seemingly not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it outputs pure gaming molecules, inhaling them can only make you game better

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I played some Slay the Spire last night on mine. The controller interface flaked out mid-run and I had to start using the touch screen and that led to me accidentally taking a relic that ruined my build when I was just trying to get a tool tip on what it did.

Also, my experiment with streaming a game from my desktop was a trainwreck. Studders and jerkiness. I might try again sometime, but I don't have much hope that this will work for me with games that don't run properly on the deck.

twice i've had the controls just stop responding on games, not sure what that's about

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I got all the vampire survivors unlocks I guess I’m done with it :/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

snowboard kids 2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh i didnt even think of steam linking

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh ok anydesk is much simpler than warpinator this def feels like the move for doing desktop poo poo without getting a dock to hook up a mouse etc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just curious has anyone tried the windows playstation remote play app

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

homeless snail posted:

You'd probably have better luck with chiaki https://sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki/

the online thing for getting your psn id in base64 is broken oh well

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gamepass streaming works wildly well in my experience

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont think thats true the johnny's president guy died in 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I haven't used steam in like 20 years, where I had hl2, Peggle nights, C-S, TF2, and portal. Maybe a few other things. But somewhere along the line I made a SECOND steam account and recently realized, wait a minute, my Peggle is gone! I contacted steam and they can Not merge accounts, even when it's the same email address. So I'd have to log into my old account if I wanted to play those games which blows, but is not the end of the world. Thanks for nothing steam!

Anyway sorry for rant . I am going to try to get the PS5 streamy thing working on here today

haven’t checked but I imagine all those games are like $2 during a sale. but yeah I emailed gabe about changing my username like 15 years ago and they never figured out how to do it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

I did something similar a few days ago since the web tool thing was broken. I think what I used was a little different but had fairly simple instructions. I'll see if I can find it.

E: https://gist.github.com/vinnymac/e94d89e2881ef76167440a60b0a067d6

This wasn't too bad in chrome for somebody who doesn't know jack poo poo about scripts or linux.

this worked thank you

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I did not have particularly disruptive lag clearing out all the unlocks. It slows but not in a way that detracts from the game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spaghett posted:

That easy, huh? I saw a ton of guides about using it in desktop mode and poo poo. I guess my search results are poo poo.

Thanks fam

you get it from discover in desktop mode and then you can just add stuff to steam for gaming mode by right click context menu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm playing psp gitarooman

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it will show a popup when you start a game with achievements that says youre logged in and how many chievos there are. if you dont see one i presume youre not logged in or the rom hash doesnt match theirs etc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Vichan posted:

Well darn, back to the drawing board to see what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I'm using Duckstation which should work but for some reason it doesn't... :(

not sure that's correct, i don't think that's a supported core?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/retroachievements/#playstation

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

your thinking was it should produce a smell all the time and also let you download your steam games without internet?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ps2 retroachievements available on pcsx2 now apparently

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you set custom art in desktop mode it should carry over to game mode for sure but it might take a restart i think

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As a big Nintendo fan, I really don't like having to go back to the bullshit Xbox layout. :argh:

It's gonna suck using an 8bitdo SNES30 Pro with it, unless it automatically correctly maps the proper buttons to the proper spots?

the nintendo layout is objectively wrong they put x on the vertical axis and y on the horizontal

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1577101668533035008?s=46&t=O4mFptnqsKJAf-OOcgA8cw

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that sounds like its just wanting to steamplay stream from your pc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

huh how much are the haptics supposed to buzz in the test device inputs thing. i feel like i just noticed i havent had any rumble going in game so i went to check and i barely felt anything, and it didnt seem to be localized on the left and right sides at all really

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

njsykora posted:

Yes, Emudeck+Steam Rom Manager will turn roms for the systems you select into non-Steam games in your library. So your gaming mode home screen can look like this and you can launch games from there.

With Wii U stuff you should also set its controller to a Pro Controller, as it defaults to the Gamepad which can gently caress with how some menus display if you're not using the Deck as a Gamepad.

how do you set a banner for that leftmost recent games screen? that always turns up blank for my roms

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Billy Gnosis posted:

Steam rom manager handles that but it's not the greatest at mapping games sometimes.

don't think it's worked for any of mine, is there a way to do it manually like the other art?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok thanks. steam rom manager worked fine for all the other art but has never set that one particular banner as far as i can tell. i'll try doing it manually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i beat the capcom championship in mega man soccer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what should i play now im done with vampire survivors and hand of fate 2 and mega man soccer and that new turtles beatemup

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

should i download the new emudeck installer to update or does running the one still on my desktop update everything?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

njsykora posted:

Run the desktop update, it'll find everything and even show the new update UI.

oh man linux nerds are amazing

personally i like the steam rom manager organization so i only see the games ive specifically installed and want to play

edit oh wow it even deleted the old desktop shortcuts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

huh my n64 games stopped giving me video after updating. no problems with snes or psp

hmm probably related to the new widescreen hacks option when installing huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well the new 'quick settings' option in emudeck let me change the aspect ratio back to 4:3, and now the video is working, but theyre stretched lol