Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus Christ the W3D4 boss fight is fun as hell but also a nightmare and I have no idea how you’re supposed to do that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rea posted:

Leo Cantus Armo, yeah? He's nightmarish, yeah, easily the most active story boss—only second-most difficult, though, imo. You basically are just meant to load up on water affinity pins and be really on the ball with dodging the pillars.

That’s pretty much exactly what I did, but I couldn’t outdamage his armor and needed to use healing pins for the first time in the game just to outlast him

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m on W3D7-2 and I would just like to say time loops time loops time looooooops

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
gently caress the final boss, bring light pins

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Araxxor posted:

Another big scoring factor in Scramble Slams I just discovered. Multikills, especially ones that finish a battle (and catch the 3x noise in there) are heavily rewarded. So if you can set up killing a bunch of noise in 1 big hit, you'll score a ton of points.

The best candidates I can think of are the bomb pins. A Mysterious Gift in week 1, and Topo the Ingenious in week 2. You'll really want Topo instead The World Within, as evolving The World Within to Topo increases its AOE a ton, letting you snag multikills much more easily.

Topo the Ingenious is the Vampire 2 pin, right?

That one punches so far above it’s weight it’s insane

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also, does Minamimoto ever come back? And if so do you get to recruit him again (or possibly even fight him?)

Finally, is there any point in the game where you have more than 4 party members to work with?

As for postgame stuff, does Another Day just unlock by beating the game normally like it did in the previous one?

Additionally, is there an extra chapter you can unlock through certain means ala A New Day from TWEWY Switch or is that basically it as far as the extra content goes aside from doing the requirements to get the secret ending?

Answering these in order:

1. Yes, as a boss fight, and then you regain him as a permanent party member on Another Day which carries over to the rest of the game.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Not sure.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Roluth posted:

Started this recently. Any point in holding onto the Yen pins instead of turning them into cash ASAP? I think there were a few turnins in the original game that wanted some.

No reason, there’s an upgrade that does it automatically, cash away

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Neku in the first game was kind of weird in that he goes from "I'm going to murder my partner' to "this person is the most important thing in my life" in like 2-3 days

Pacing a bit too breakneck but eh :v:v

Game says no

In fairness, that was basically Kitaniji pulling a Wizard of Oz and keeping the curtain pulled because he had no way to reincarnate Shiki at that point.

Also he’s a hormonal 15 year old anyways, that is completely plausible :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Continuing this topicYeah it's kind of shocking how easily Shiba was let off, considering all the lovely stuff he did. Like he deserved erasure way more then Susukichi did.

Everybody’s too tired to go after him, he was under the influence of actual literal angel dust and Josh is still running around having a good time despite pretty much getting the player and reaper count of Shibuya wiped.

He’s going back to try making amends and unfucking his mistake, it just doesn’t help anybody to pursue him further at that point.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shiki isn’t a shopkeeper but Gatto Nero is her brand

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

So who was in charge of the TWEWY games’ localization? They should do script adaptions for more Square Enix games.

Also plot question: Why exactly did Haz decide to have Kubo erase Shinjuku in the first place?

Same vague reasons Josh decided to take out Shibuya in the first game

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Weirdly, another trait shared with TWEWY classic just because of how sick of Underground you were by week 2.

Thankfully Calling and Deja Vu are the best songs in the game so nobody would actually have this opinion

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

does breaking his armor blow away a huge chunk of his health or something? the last 30% or so of his lifebar disappeared all at once

It does

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also a bit of a missed opportunity in my opinion: taking Rindo out of the party on Another Day should have also changed the character you control in the overworld

It’s kind of weird there’s no voice acting at all aside from recycled clips during Another Day though.

Why pour your heart and soul into assets that will get used all of once?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hyphz posted:

Is there at least some suitably WTF dialog if you put Neku and Sho together?

Actually they sound like they get along pretty well, Neku throws out a math pun and Sho responds with the equivalent of "drat straight", at one point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
You could just stack multiple characters onto the same button

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Double posting, sorry, idk if it was covered in the thread but I don’t wanna get spoiler on endgame stuff, so is there a way to end the roar attack of the pitch-black dinosaurs prematurely? Or to otherwise avoid eating complete poo poo, I’m not picky.

Stay behind them and stay well away, otherwise freezing or otherwise immobilizing them cancels it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If they managed to eat one of your characters first, well, pick a god and pray

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

It's very on brand for Joshua to show up like "I definitely would have helped, probably" and we all know he didn't. And there might even be a good reason in the secret reports or whatever but Joshua wouldn't tell us that anyway, he loves being an inscrutable rear end in a top hat.

The secret supports say quite clearly that Joshua showed up to make Neku feel slightly better and he didn't do jack poo poo, everything getting fixed was entirely the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

was the original even a chud favourite or do these people just only know that screenshot

Don't know about a chud favorite, specifically, but TWEWY was a /v/ darling for a decade