Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Lotus Aura posted:

Jeez, (D6) getting Scramble Slam points is awful. Nearly cleared the map entirely and I have barely 10k despite hitting reduction 4 chains and getting a 5x combo bonus regularly. How are you supposed to even get close to 60k?

My strategy was chaining 4 elephant noises into a turf noise/other player since they have a ridiculous amount of HP and can be comboed a ton once you learn how to deal with them, and are using a pin setup that triggers beat drops easily. Hell you can even do this on easy or normal to take way less damage. You're apparently penalized a bit on scramble slam points on lower difficulties, but I barely noticed a difference. Especially if you get lucky where the elephants are the noise with the triple point bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Topscoring in Scramble Slam is certainly possible on the first go, but it does require some planning. You'll want pins that can easily initiate beat drops, as you want to trigger as many of those as possible. Damage over time pins are also great depending on what strategy you want to use to farm scramble points. The burst healing pin is also great for scramble slam, as it guarantees 2 beat drop opportunities per battle since it doesn't deal damage. If you trigger a special attack on high HP enemies, you can actually combo a rapid damage pin with some of the specials to get several beat drop points and build up scramble points pretty fast. I had the uber laser and the poison bubbles in my setup for that strategy and I just constantly triggered beat drops whenever I activated a groove. Try to save any 3x enemies for last, since scoring on them does scale off of your combo, though it isn't a huge deal if the 3x enemy happens to be a weak noise.

You'll also want to make sure to chain as many high HP noises in the battles as possible. So sharks, t-rexes, elephants, and scorpions. You can actually get a chain of 6 with a rival player if you time the 5th noise hitting you right as you get into a player's line of sight, but this is frame perfect and I haven't been able to replicate this after pulling it off by accident. If you do pull it off, enjoy the extra opportunity for more points.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 29, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

Is there some kind of trick to Fret’s ability? It feels like I’m going to accidentally break my control sticks trying to put these puzzle pieces together.

Nope. It's basically akin to adjusting the antenna on an analog TV. Just rotate them slowly. One at a time if you have to.

Terper posted:

I just feel like there's a lot more game in general!

Days are definitely considerably longer than they were in TWEWY. I wish each day had like a chapter select or something on replays, cause replaying entire days can end up being a huge pain in the butt if you missed something late in a long day.

Oxxidation posted:

it's totally normal to put the game on hold every time you get a new pin and grind until that pin and all its evolutions are mastered, right

this is a normal thing to do

Yes. If these games didn't have leveling down as an option I would have been overleveled for everything. Granted with how levels work, you just get more room for mistakes instead of curbstomping battles in a few seconds.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Which day has Garage Sale

I have so many duplicate pins and I'm annoyed manually selling them lol

W1D5. The client is at Scramble Crossing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's totally normal to put the game on hold every time you get a new pin and grind until that pin and all its evolutions are mastered, right

this is a normal thing to do

I am going to warn you right now. You will be stuck on week 2 for a while because they start showering new pins on you there.

MorningMoon posted:

Made it to W2D3 I feel like that's way too long to be without a fourth party member. Kept getting cool poo poo I couldn't mix that well from not having an input. That said, it made the Beat reveal all the sweeter. God, what a glow-up. And I love how he and Fret vibe. Gonna loving tear down the whole town and make a gazillion yen and buy everything and finally eat that loving curry.

A bit too much combat, but I am hooked now that the real twewy begins

oh yeah and someone upthread mentioned that there should be a sub-chapter select when you do the chapter select stuff. I completely agree. Took me way too long to get the one thing I missed in W1D5

Yeah I just did the bare minimum of combat to snag new pins and such since going with only 3/4s of your DPS slowed things down a ton.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Just fight in areas with the brands equipped, yeah. It's a replacement mechanic for brand district affinity from TWEWY.

Also holy poo poo it's much easier to topscore in Scramble Slam when Noise actually has HP and you can make longer chains. Getting about 20k+ per chain in the second scramble slam without having to sandbag.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Kantesu posted:

NO THEY DON'T. Normal makes them a bit more manageable, though. Particularly if you're going for the big chains during the Scramble Slam.

Yeah they definitely mark the point where you have to start paying attention to what goes on in battle instead of mashing randomly. Especially when noise actually starts getting HP to not get insta-evaporated shortly after. Would have appreciated more of those in the first scramble slam instead of having to deliberately chain mammoths and t-rexes.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

I assume there’s a Scramble Slam every week then (though I imagine they get shorter as the game goes on and more teams start getting erased)?

If week 2 is any indication, the opposite. You have more turf to fight over than in week 1, and you can unlock the ability to make 10 chains by that point. So scoring is way easier, especially since all the noise have much more HP, so you can basically just make strong beat drop builds without sandbagging as long as you make 10 chains for enough of the turf and player battles. Hell if you can catch all the noise in a fusion attack, do so. Mass damage grants a ton of points. Week 1's Scramble Slam is just kind of not balanced that great due to asking you to do a lot with tutorial tier noise which can't generate as much points due to dying in a few hits.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Coming back to this post now that I actually understand it...

Rea posted:

It's a mechanic discussed in a presskit well beforehand, so I don't feel bad discussing it.

Scramble Slams were loving miserable before this patch. Not necessarily to just power through and get over with, but getting the rewards on your first go around—something the game very much expects that you can do—was goddamn impossible in the unpatched version. You just didn't get enough points per battle without having to, I'm not kidding, deliberately equip low-power pins so you can continually get SP off of doing beatdrops. On the first one especially you just don't have enough opportunities to earn SP without sandbagging hard. It was bizarre and counterintuitive and BAD.

To be clear, Scramble Points are things you get from doing battle either with rival team groups, or with Turf Noise groups. They're also active in any battles you chain together with a rival team group or Turf Noise. You get them by dealing damage to enemies, erasing enemies, and by getting beatdrops. Getting beatdrops increases your combo modifier, which increases the amount of SP you get from any of those things. One Noise per battle is marked as a bonus Noise, which multiplies all SP gained from it by 3x, on top of your combo modifier.

The patch fixes things by vastly increasing the max SP combo modifier (to 5x from 2x) and the rate at which you gain combo modifiers (to 0.4x per combo action from 0.1x). To compensate, they removed the bonus based on your current Groove, and the bonus for rare Noise groups, but those are small potatoes compared to being able to consistently get higher amounts of SP. You also just generally get 5% more SP for dealing damage than you did in the unpatched game.

Holy poo poo, I don't even understand how you were supposed to topscore in week 1's Scramble Slam under those conditions! Chaining mammoths and T-rexes would not have been enough without sand bagging to an even more absurd degree! :catstare:

Regalingualius posted:

So, is it practically impossible to hit 60k in the Week 1 scramble, then?

You can, I've done it. You have to be very picky with what noise you chain, mammoths and t-rexes if possible. If not, scorpions are the next best thing. You can also chain into another player, snag 4 noise then run in front of someone. (It's possible to chain 5 noise, but it's frame perfect and you have to let the 5th noise hit you right as you walk in front of them. I couldn't replicate it after pulling it off once.) You also need a build that can generate as many beat drops as possible without dealing a lot of damage and just whale on the high HP noise as much as possible. You have to sandbag quite a bit in order to topscore, but it's doable. I even had room for error at the end, but by then I just rushed through to the end after top scoring.

For week 2 this won't be necessary. Just have a build that can constantly generate beat drops is enough, and make sure to make lots of 10 chains for each score battle. There's more noise and territory to score in.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

theshim posted:

Welp, running into the problem where I'm severely mediocre at action games and getting absolutely pasted by mammoths. It took me probably ten tries to kill one on Hard.

Mammoths basically are a very rude awakening after dealing with chaff noise for the first 5 days. Their attacks are pretty simple, it's just you eat concrete if you gently caress up dodging them. The laser beams are telegraphed by it raising its trunk, and going around in a circle suffices. The shockwave is telegraphed by them lifting up their legs, and dodging towards the inner circles after it it finishes exploding is enough for that. Alternatively you can just go to the outer edge of the arena when you see it coming, as the shockwave doesn't actually go that far. You basically can't blindly attack them and have to start learning how to get off of your enemy when you see the telegraph so you can dodge their attack. Once you get that down, they're basically a big sack of points to get easy scramble points off of.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also in the second Scramble Slam, if you're interested in farming points, there's an opportunity the game offers to help with that. When given the choice to disrupt the tag team or not, you can choose not to and go after the Purehearts instead of the Variabeauties. Doing so results in you losing Scramble Crossing to the Purehearts, which gives you 3 more opportunities to earn points.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Rea posted:

lmao yeah, the Christmassy Pants are a huge trap in that regard. Did you know that in the unpatched game, it was possible for the Autostyle option to auatomatically equip Jinxed threads? Enjoy being automatically equipped with threads that halve your damage and automatically put you in mortal peril!

:stare: I assume that was the possible bugfix you mentioned earlier?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Just found out something that makes scoring in Scramble Slams far less painful. And makes me understand what in the world the scoring system was asking from you. Because farming beat drops for ages resulted in very long and campy battle chains which could not have been what they intended for this.

The amount of damage you finish off a noise with heavily matters. It can be the biggest difference between getting a few hundred points and several thousand from one battle. (At least in week 2. Dunno the actual formula they use for scoring so I can't speak for week 1.) So basically the idea was to build up the combo meter during battle, and then finish off all the noise with the biggest and most overkill attacks you have, which fusions could fall under, though not all fusion elements are great candidates for this. (Finishing off noise with a low damage multihit is a great way to get out with low point payouts.) And saving the 3x noise for last for the biggest payouts.

Singular big hit pins are also great for finishing off noise with large amounts of damage too. (Psychic Shotgun is a great pin for this in the second one.)

I assume the original multipliers operated under the assumption that you'd be overkilling every single noise possible... which isn't really how players end up playing the game. Wonder if they saw how players were playing the demo and realized that would not line up with the scoring system in Scramble Slams.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Another big scoring factor in Scramble Slams I just discovered. Multikills, especially ones that finish a battle (and catch the 3x noise in there) are heavily rewarded. So if you can set up killing a bunch of noise in 1 big hit, you'll score a ton of points.

The best candidates I can think of are the bomb pins. A Mysterious Gift in week 1, and Topo the Ingenious in week 2. You'll really want Topo instead The World Within, as evolving The World Within to Topo increases its AOE a ton, letting you snag multikills much more easily.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Topo the Ingenious is the Vampire 2 pin, right?

That one punches so far above it’s weight it’s insane

Yep. The Vampire 1 pin was like so lackluster I wasn't really impressed with it. Then I evolved it and holy poo poo it was such a drastic upgrade. The AOE is so huge, the lifesteal is nuts, and the damage is good for what that pin is. It's just so ridiculous.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Jeez they seem to be in there for a while.

I dont like pins that require knockback and launching to beatdrop becasue any time a large enemy appears they just ignore it and for the scramble slam the only thing that seems to matter for points is combo.

Also for SS points do different monsters give different amounts? I had a x5 combo going and killed a frog with a x3 bonus on it and got like 80 points.

No. What Scramble Slam is checking for is how much damage did you kill the noise with. If the killing blow did a lot of damage, you get a lot of points. So basically don't use small damage over time pins to finish off noise if you can help it. You get even more points if you finish off the battle by overkilling a noise. (The amount of HP they have left doesn't matter, but overkilling is a surefire way to make sure your damage gets tallied, as dealing damage otherwise does not grant points.) You also get a ton of points if you finish off the battle with a multikill. Fusions are probably the best way to go about that.

Basically there's a loop of get beat drops to build up your combo meter, then finish off the noise with all the overkill you can. (Save the 3x noise for last if possible.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i finished my first SS with 26k points. i can see why they're so maligned, all the micromanagement makes gameplay absolutely miserable

is there some later unlock or pin combo that would trivialize this?

Increase your attack stat, come back with later tier bombs, spam them along with the ability to make longer chains, revel in the point gains as overkilling the noise becomes completely trivial by that point.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

theshim posted:

Honestly, W1D5/6 are really sapping my will to keep playing. Day 5's replaying went on too long and became kinda tedious, and Day 6 is whiplash in the other direction - the Scramble Slam is just all combat all the time, and a) I'm not that big on the game's battle system, it's adequate but I'm not having a blast, and b) the fact that it's just spamming scorpions, T-rexes, and mammoths, all of which are easily able to wipe me repeatedly, feels like I'm just smashing my head against a wall. I'm really having a hard time wanting to get through it, and the fact that I know there's at least one more Slam later in the game makes me actively dread getting to it. I guess part of the solution is Git Gud but I'm just not very good at this kind of game in the first place, and lowering the difficulty means I'm gonna be missing out on all the drops and will fall further behind on trying out new pins and affording stuff.

Day 5 and 6 just became really tedious affairs in opposite ways and I'm feeling like I'm already starting to burn out on the game and I'm hardly anywhere through it.

I'm not sure why week 1 is like this, but starting from week 2, you'll have to juggle difficulties way more often to get pins, and some valuable and unique ones are locked to easy. Week 1 is just really stingy with unique payouts for some reason on easy. You do get yen pins at least during that time.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

do you need to replay a boss Noise's specific chapter for the chance at their pin? i vaguely remember them showing up as regular Noise in the first TWEWY but that might have been a postgame thing

I found that boss noise really wants you to play on hard generally for the chance at their unique pin. Some drop that same pin on normal, but you're pretty much locked out of their uniques on easy. It's pretty much replaced with a yen, material pin, or a pin you can easily get elsewhere. So basically when you're about to end the day, just set the difficulty to hard for the new pins. (If you can handle hard mode at least.)

The exception are the boss noises that occur before you get the chance to unlock easy and hard mode. Don't bother replaying chapters for those. Not even the first boss drops anything notable on any difficulty.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Surprised to see that increased drop chance can be one of the random stats to get a boost if you feed a character food they love, even if that food doesn’t have drop chance.

Also, just curious, is there any idea yet of what the “soft” cap on Style is? I remember in the original, 400 was basically all you needed for everyone except Joshua if you wanted his ultimate accessory.

222. No thread has any style rating beyond that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

I assume there’s a Scramble Slam every week then (though I imagine they get shorter as the game goes on and more teams start getting erased)?

As a followup to my previous statement the 3rd one actually happens later in the same week. However, it is thankfully laughably easy to topscore in! And it's super short too. Only 3 areas to fight over with the point threshold at 50k. When the point payouts are scaled even higher than the 2nd scramble slam's. After the sheer grind the second one was, I gladly welcome this!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Good grief, some of these later pig encounters get sadistic. I nearly ran out of time dealing with that one encounter with several blue and red pigs along with that exploding pig.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Are there any pigs that require “meta” ways to defeat them? Like that one in the original TWEWY’s DS version where you had to actually close and reopen your DS while the game was running.

Nope. The only puzzle aspects they use are various parts of the battle system. Nothing like having to put the system into sleep mode or blowing into a microphone.

Also unlike in the original game, I haven't encountered a noise that absorbs or nullifies elements, aside from that one type of Pig Noise. Seems like damage is either neutral or weak. Some noises do have invulnerability, but that's tied to something else. Like the rhinos being invincible from the front.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

And while the lower frame rate on Switch doesn't bother me too much, the times it manages to output 60 FPS for the game looks rather fluid and great in motion.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Halfway through week 2 and I think the only boss noise that hasn't shown up again is the Gorilla. So if you want his pins I think you might need to replay Day 2 but that's it so far.

The gorilla noise appears to be the only boss noise without a mook version yeah. It's grouped with the other special boss encounters instead of the noises. I guess it makes sense given that it's the only noise type that specifically interacts with the arena (climbing up the 104 building.) Its drops aren't worth replaying the chapter for at any rate unless you flat out missed its drop altogether. Even then I think you can just buy that pin later? Normal and hard drops the Grin Reaper, while Easy drops a 1,000 yen pin.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

So as not to make W2D2 any longer than it needs to be, are you supposed to go to 104, Center Street, or Hikarie after going back in time (or do you need to ultimately check all 3)?

It doesn't matter and you have to do all 3 options, yes.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mistikman posted:

I have been busy with work so I am behind most of you in the game, doing the first scramble, and I was so paranoid from reading how hard it was for everyone, that I planned my poo poo out, and managed to get up to 79k by the time I finished taking out the second place team.

Now I still have to take out the river dudes and the female team, and I can just do it comfortably with my strong pins.

I basically used the VERY first 2 pins you get since they create combos quickly, and I learned pretty fast that the element of your ultimate attack is based on the element of your last combo, so my combos were elementless which gave me the elementless ultimate, which does a lot of rapid hit which also can trigger combos, so every time I ulted I would get about 8-10 combos in a VERY short span, and my damage per hit was pretty low, so playing it on hard and chaining 4 mammoths before a main enemy dude meant if I hit a x3 on a mammoth, I could get about 6k points on that one fight alone.

It was dangerous and slow, but 3 5 chains got me from 8k points to 79k.

Scramble Slams thankfully get easier to topscore in as you go further into the game, with the final one being the easiest and shortest to do. The second one while easier than the first, is pretty long and can get grindy.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

W2D6: I forget, is the high score 50k or 500k? Because I’m finding it MUCH easier to rack up points now.

The first one is correct. You can kind of breeze through it basically, which was nice cause the announcement there was another scramble slam in that very same week almost made me scream, and then it turns out it was the easiest and shortest one. Basically painless. Hell another opportunity to score points comes later if you really need it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Where can I find this Topo the Ingenious pin I keep hearing about? I've been using Bérangère Lapin as my R button pin for a while, it does decent damage and heals, but I do miss explosives.

Evolve The World Within. It drops from Oi Puffers on Easy. Said pin is not so great cause its AOE is pretty low. But the upgrade is so worth it since it has a much bigger hitbox and heals you more.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Fret and Nagi take out the Pureheart turf offscreen while you and Beat have to go fight the Variabeauties. I don't recommend it because fighting with only two dudes is a slog.

Yeah that's about what I figured. After fighting with 3 party members slowed down combat a lot, I was not looking forward to the idea of fighting with only 2 people, so I had everyone stay together.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

is it actually possibly to dodge the W2D1 boss's eye lasers? drat thing nailed me every time

Slam the dodge button just the moment the entire reticle turns the same color to avoid the laser/tongue. It's really precise though, and you have to dodge to the side, as dodging into the laser will send you into its hitbox. Fortunately the later versions of that noise should be easier to dodge as you get a social network upgrade that really increases the dodge's i-frames by the next time you run into another one of those things, and just doing the dodge at the right time period will avoid the attack, even if you dodge into the laser.

Larryb posted:

Like I said, I wouldn’t mind at all if Square keeps making these games every so often.

Also speaking of music, does CALLING itself make a return in NEO at some point?

Yep. It played at the end of W2D2 when you got your 4th party member.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 2, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

Oh right, is that the only time it plays though?

Off the subject, another poster mentioned a pin called Heartthrob Launcher. What’s the name of its unevolved version, how do I obtain it, and is it any better than the attack + healing pin I already have (Topo the Ingenious)?

Cuddly Launcher. I don't remember exactly where you get your first one, but it's not a noise drop. So it either drops from a pig, or is a one time reward from playing the game. You can eventually buy more from a store though. It's an energy rounds pin though.

Can't speak for exactly how good it is, as efficiency for all the pins hasn't been dug up yet. (Yes it's in this game too, but it works a bit differently from TWEWY. Each individual hit has its own efficiency rating here instead of one rating being assigned per pin, with finishing blows typically having a higher one.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

I loving hate Fret’s puzzle gimmick, that is all

There's actually a trick that makes it super trivial. The answer is always in a cardinal or ordinal direction. So move the control sticks north, northwest, west, etc. Wait for a second or 2 after doing so, as there's a delay in the fragments reaching their spot. Makes it much quicker and easier to get them done.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Just a little warning. The W3D4 boss apparently prone to softlocking the game. Autosaves don't make it too much of a time loss but I just got hit by that, and apparently it's somewhat common enough to be known.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

First I’ve heard of it from anyone here, is there some specific trigger for the glitch or is it just some random thing?

Seemed to be kind of random. Didn't run into it again on my second go. Might've done something the game didn't like when the boss tried to behave in a certain way.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So when do I get my 6th party member? I'm on W3D2? or 3, whichever one is about you rushing to find Iguana Gal

End of W3D4.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

W3D6: Please don't tell me I have to get through 5 fights with big noise in the span of 7.5 minutes. Or whatever the gold par time is from that. :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

Going through my Noisepedia to see what drops I'm missing as I do a postgame Ultimate lap and there's two conspicuous gaps that I don't understand. Noise no 51 which I think should be (W1D5) the giant golden pig from the Fuya fight, but I've done that fight four times and it's still not there so it might be Another Day thing? But more weird to me is that I'm missing no 79 (W2D2/W2D7) which I am 100% sure should be the first Mr Mew fight considering it's between Susukichi 2 and Mr Mew 2 but it's just... not there.

Not sure about 51 I think the giant pig is just classified as a real golden pig. Might be a post-game exclusive fight.

As for 79 yeah, sounds like your game bugged out or something else happened. That's absolutely it's entry. Maybe it's because you didn't get a drop from it or something like that?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Finished NEO TWEWY's maingame. That was a fun romp, and a nice followup to the original game. Did feel like the writing kind of stumbled a bit in a few places.

theblackw0lf posted:

Ok week 3 is giving me more of the emotional content and character arcs I’ve been looking for. This week feels the most in spirit with the first.

Yeah weeks 1 and 2 were fine, but it wasn't vibing with me the same way the first game did. Week 3 on the other hand, really got me to stick around to the end.

Larryb posted:

Also I apparently misunderstood what multi-wielding pins meant. Rather than one user being able to use two pins at once it actually means that more than one character can use pins mapped to the same button (which is pretty useful to be fair)

On another note, how do I unlock Ultimate difficulty (I assume it’s a week 3 social link)?

Postgame.

Also for that matter for everyone else, please don't go back to replay entire chapters just to get the rest of the boss drops. Just replay to clean up quests or missing Pig Noises. You'll get an opportunity to fight them in much more convenient places in the post-game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Unlike in the first game, you don't have to wait until post-game for the Pig Noise entries to get recorded. Your initial encounters are what's recorded, and the whole "unknown" thing is all you get there (since each Pig encounter has entirely different parameters and payouts.) Also means you don't have to worry about setting your level to 1 for the game to record that in the Noisepedia, as the game doesn't keep track of that at all.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Beat really freshens up the party dynamic once he joins up. It helps that unlike Sho he's always around so he develops more of a rapport with everyone.

I had a big grin when that reveal happened, along with Calling playing in the background during that scene. And he really adds to the party dynamic afterwards, and the week really starts brightening up after that.

Lotus Aura posted:

Going through my Noisepedia to see what drops I'm missing as I do a postgame Ultimate lap and there's two conspicuous gaps that I don't understand. Noise no 51 which I think should be (W1D5) the giant golden pig from the Fuya fight, but I've done that fight four times and it's still not there so it might be Another Day thing? But more weird to me is that I'm missing no 79 (W2D2/W2D7) which I am 100% sure should be the first Mr Mew fight considering it's between Susukichi 2 and Mr Mew 2 but it's just... not there.

Followup from my previous reply, 51 isn't bugged, though your 79 entry did. 51 is a post-game exclusive pig.

Araxxor posted:

Also for that matter for everyone else, please don't go back to replay entire chapters just to get the rest of the boss drops. Just replay to clean up quests or missing Pig Noises. You'll get an opportunity to fight them in much more convenient places in the post-game.

Unfortunately I found out there are a few exceptions to this. W1D4 needs to be replayed entirely 4 times as the boss fight is a dive with unique noise.

W3 in general while the boss noise itself is refightable elsewhere, you'll have to make sure to juggle difficulties for Plague Noise in general.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 4, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

So can you not equip two Uber pins to the same input?

Nope. And there’s no upgrade that allows that. Pretty much the only thing that separates the definition of an uber pin and a normal pin even after all the upgrades.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

This is a thing that kinda bothered me because you're constantly told that Plague noise is everywhere but it's never in any scans so you can only ever fight them in fixed locations. They're meant to be this game's equivalent to Taboo Noise, but they're just weirdly underutilized.

Yeah I was expecting them to be encounters like Taboo noise was. But I caught onto the fact that they're placed next to the bosses in the Noisepedia and they weren't grouped with the other noise types, so I juggled difficulties in case. Glad I did. Granted they do make sure the pins get distributed from the normal noise later at least.

I guess they were kind of underutilized since they were straight up palette swaps of normal noise, since an equivalent noise will have their exact mechanics and similar stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

against my better judgement i've been going for the top prize on scramble slam 2. i've cleared 5 zones and have around 170k so far, after creating 10-battle chains every time

if i fall short i'm going to be extremely unhappy

If you aren't sure, there are some opportunities you can take to extend the length of the scramble slam. And denying one option that's there as a way to speedrun the day. And sticks you with a 2 person party which uh, yeah you're not using that option to topscore, that's for sure.