Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's so funny to watch this after listening to much Talk is Jericho. Jericho brings up the tack bump in the Ambrose Asylum all the time and then does this match.

He knew/saw what Zack Ryder did and knew he couldn't chicken out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hangman had to lose the match because his fear is losing and disappointing his friends, one of the things that lead to his falling out with The Elite. Now he's lost and disappointed the Dark Order but the reaction will be different because they're actual good friends.

They already did this bit and its why Hangman realized he needed the Dark Order and manned up to challenge Omega finally. I'd rather the guys not taking the match serious and pretending its Space Jam 3 would lose to the team dead set on winning after finally uniting after weeks of teasing it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Hefty Leftist posted:

this isn't WWE, AEW isn't going to drop their long term star in Hangman for Christian Cage, CM Punk or Bryan Danielson. next week the Elite will come out and gloat and the story will continue. you're getting worked

there's a difference between getting worked and thinking they maybe blew an already well built chance to pull the trigger

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dark on Dynamite and Elevation on Rampage or vice versa is what i feel like aew might do, hopefully they dont just extending the dark and elevation tapings too much

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
mjf should talk about how the judas effect loving sucks and that he knows someone who throws elbow strikes better and maybe chris hero will come out of retirement

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Queefy posted:

Cody needs to change his name to Cody White through at least next weeks dynamite.

Have a BTE segment or on Sammys vlog with him interacting with Chavo in full Kerwin White gear.

excuse me, but he's cuban

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
some one should turn the video of Malaki Black booting Cody in the face to the Eric Andre Be Right Back pause frame

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if there's one thing people posting in the aew discussion thread loves its hyperbole

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Stu and Uno should be able to challenge The Good Brothers for the impact tag titles since they pinned Anderson

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The fiend was still over and alexa is still over becaus of being fiend adjacent. People just dont think he's popular because they thought he was cringe

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People worried about bray wyatt not being good enough in the ring for aew like we haven't been subjected to multiple Luke Gallows matches the last couple of months

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thatb thatb thatb thatb thatb thatb thatb

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I want people to know that Josh Alexander is not a small guy doing flips and stuff. He's a tall power house who also does a lot of grappling and is maybe Ethan Page's best friend, they' teamed a lot. The guy is probably keeping the X Division title until he can cash it in, and i suspect the's taking the Impact title off of Kenny

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
look at this dude

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

can someone explain to me like i'm a child what the difference is between filler and non-filler content on the young buck's travel and wrestling vlog with intermittent comedy sketches Being The Elite

everything on bte is canon lore of aew storylines but if its boring then its not canon to the lore of aew

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1409536083931676681

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

is ACH still doing stuff since the last super-j cup? i wanna see him and kid bandit naruto running around each other in the ring

no, he announced his retirement almost around the same exact time lio rush did

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
chudd bandit

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

i was like, drat that guy that has just a plain white shirt on looks a bit weird.

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1422304637194014728

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wwe is a wrestling company no matter how much they try to say they arent to make themselves seem more high class and respectable prime time tv, because they sure as poo poo aren't an entertainment company

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wwe once fired a guy for making a rape joke on live tv and he went on to become a bad rapper, so max is doing it backwards

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hey, what was the show he made the rape joke doing a benefit for again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lot of people pro rape jokes itt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1419719180950114308

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

your friend wicka posted:

As long as I live I honestly don't think I will ever get over this post

she's having confidence issues from the whole year and personal stuff she's been through that involve her mental health and was off her game and afraid of drastically injuring herself so she pulled out of the olympics and everyone is talking about it in the news

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

your friend wicka posted:

The Larry Nassar scandal is one of the most widely reported and well known stories in the history of sports and it is in the background of literally anything to do with US gymnastics. To suggest it hasn't been "in the media focus at all" is without a doubt one of the single dumbest and wrongest statements I have ever read in my whole entire life. Flat Earthers make a better point. Let this one go my man

oh you know what the post meant, my bad. i thought you didn't get what the "twisties" was. TBH, anytime i've seen news stations on TV talking about Simone pulling out of the olympics no one mentions the nassar case or what the mental health issues could be besides "the twisties"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Melzter just reported that Shahid Khan Venmoed someone $300 that Tony needed to sign CM Punk and now the Chicago show is canceled. It will be interesting to see how AEW recovers from this

yea ok posted:

Sir it is an honor may I have 300 dollars

hope you're happy about your $300 pal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

i gave it back to phil in exchange for the truth about dr amman. chicago is back on.

thank you, i hope you find out the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

There are 350 new posts in the last four hours and I didn't see any big news on reddit can someone summarize the current thread meltdown for me

max made a rape joke in his rap for a show supporting rape victims, people said thats a real bad look and kind of lovely, other people came in and said those mad about rape jokes are getting worked and it was funny.