Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Ja'Marr Chase has been targeted 5 times this preseason and has 4 drops.

Seems like a bad stat for a 5th overall wide receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I have been informed that it is in fact legal for the Bengals to win the AFCN this year.

This is disturbing to say the least.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

chamois posted:

are the raiders even good? i have absolutely no information about the raiders

They were pretty meh last year. They ended up 8-8 after starting out 5-3. I don't think they made any big moves this off-season, so I assume that still applies?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Ravens should have scored a safety at some point so old browns and new browns could have lost by the same score.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Buster Skrine made me yell his name in anger so many times when he was on the Browns.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Everyone is talking about the AFC North. The division made up of

The New Browns.
The Old Browns.
The Ohio team created purely to spite the Browns.
and a bad team nobody cares about.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

Extend Ben for four.. gently caress it, I'm in a good mood -- SIX years

Can we find a way to force him to start for 6 years?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Baker was dogshit garbage today and it was a miracle that Kirk was even more dogshit garbage and the Browns won.

Yeah, I dunno if the OBJ chemistry thing is real, the left shoulder is bothering him, or if he's just in a bad spell, but he was sailing balls over open guys all day. At least he didn't throw any picks.

At least the defense looked good for a second week in a row, and against a team that isn't the bears.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

This bird has like a 4 billion word wiki article and part of it is about how they gas chambered 200k cowbirds to save the last couple hundred of this thing

Sometimes you need to pick and side, and once you do, you need to fully commit.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Was Burrow injured or something? He looked fine to me.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns injuries on offense are now: QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, LT1, RT1, LT2.

Basically just deleted our starting offense for this Thursday. If we win it's a loving miracle.

The Browns are BACK baby.

Edit: wrong loving day.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 20, 2021

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

texting baker this rn

Ask him if he's considered not tearing his labrum. Seems like a stupid move to tear it.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Friendly reminder that the Bengals lost the most promising season they've had in a generation because Andy Dalton broke his thumb on another player's shin trying to make a tackle.

Just don't do it. Make like Cam Newton in the Superbowl.

Lol this is basically how Baker got hurt this year. Trying to make a tackle after an int.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The Bengals Will Never Win A Playoff Game [Go Steelers] [femdom JOI]

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

Browns have a very difficult schedule.

New England, Raiders, Ravens - Ravens, Green Bay and Pittsburgh at some point.

I'm not optimistic the rest of the way but hey, 5-4 right now.

And yes the Browns are capable of Brownsing it up against Detroit.

I kinda like the @Ravens - Bye - Ravens. I feel like playing them on the road, having a bye, then playing them again in Cleveland after a week to focus on that last game is good odds for at least 1-1.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Our whole division is made of frauds, so I hope all 4 teams make the playoffs.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

yes it's complete bullshit, I agree

Especially because I think the middle game for you guys is @Steelers so you get 3 division games in a row, 2 of them on the road back to back.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

every kick is a 50/50 chance u either make it or u don't

The NFL's RNG is clearly broken. Way too many successful XPs!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

We are finishing dead last in this division.

And in the wildcard somehow.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

the titans both for the 1 seed and the super bowl

5 AFCN teams in the playoffs

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The Steelers need to lose 4 more games. No more, no less.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Baker needs to sit for the rest of the season.

Though for the sake of this thread he should keep playing because Case Keenum winning a few games in the last few weeks is a lot less funny than baker becoming increasingly injured, increasingly angry, and increasingly bad.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

it was cool when madden used 50-100 ratings instead of mostly just 80-100. cool just like you

I can no longer find the original source, but this reminded me about this old copy pasta thing that would go around about a guy rated 53 in Madden

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Board/44/Contents/Ethan-Albrights-letter-to-John-Madden-strong-language-10792279/

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah all of the AFCN needs a good last 5 weeks and unfortunately for us, we all play each other in those weeks, so we're probably only sending one team and then mocking the other 3 mercilessly.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So everyone but the Browns lost this week. But it still feels like the Browns lost in a way. So we all lost.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

I am 100% certain the North is only sending one team.

Maybe two, buts it's hard when basically we all play each other for half our remaining games. Basically sending any more than 1 is like we all win all our non AFCN games and split the AFCN games just right.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
If the Browns go 1-2(reasonable), the Bengals go 2-1(Reasonable), Steelers go 1-2(Reasonable) and the Ravens go 0-3(Probably the least reasonable but also the funniest) the division comes down to Bengals@Browns in week 18.

That is guaranteed to be the clownballiest AFCN game in history. It's just fate that it will happen.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I want to find a scenario where all teams are in a dead heat going into week 18 and the result of the division comes down to insane tie breakers and all 4 teams have to hope for different combinations of teams winning/losing.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens going 0-3 probably pretty reasonable--though if we have a QB who doesnt have the yips it might make an upset win more likely. Maybe against the Rams who sometimes play down.

I think Ravens can go 1-2 in that stretch(With Browns and Bengals winning another game as well) and essentially the same scenario happens, except that Cinci is all but guaranteed a playoff spot at that point and Cleveland is in a scenario where a win and they are in, but a loss and they are out. In that scenario, if Browns and Ravens win, we very very likely get 3 AFCN teams in the playoffs With Browns, Bengals, Ravens(Probably, based on other teams) making it in. If the Steelers have gone 2-1 leading up to that game, and they win, they can get in with much better odds if the Browns lose than if they win.

This is probably the most complicated scenario I can see happening.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
This is still mathematically possible apparently?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Bills are the closest to an AFCN team in the AFCE.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Who do you think the Ravens are most likely to beat out of the Packers, Bengals and Rams? I think most would say Bengals but the Ravens have a lot of problems with them when they are good especially in Cincinnati. And of course we were real bad against them in the first game when Lamar wasn't playing poorly yet.

The Packers I just don't see with how Rodgers is playing and our secondary being so banged up and no consistent pass rush.

Rams to me is the best bet and that depends on them playing down to their competition.

Packers is likely an L for both of us. They just seem too good, though the Bears managed to clown on them for a bit last night so maybe with the same luck Ravens or Browns could do the same.

I'd say Rams, maybe Bengals? I don't think my Bengals@Browns AFCNCG scenario is possible if they beat the Bengals though.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Barkevious Mingo

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Willy Snead

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Terrance West. I forgot that man existed.

One okay season with the Browns, maybe even good for a rookie, but then just kinda did nothing.

This is a fun bit from Wikipedia

quote:

West reported to Cleveland's 2015 preseason camp overweight and immediately reclaimed his position in the coaching staff's doghouse throughout the preseason.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
When this happened last year we lost to the loving Jets so hell yeah I'm worried.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Remember when we had real functioning offenses. Like when we had a shootout and then your QB found out that pooping was like a powerup?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I forgot this name. Hall of fame name.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I for one welcome our new Bango overlords

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to root for the Bengals. It would be cool if both the Ohio teams broke their playoff win droughts in back to back years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Cinato Bangos have won!