Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

thinking about Kamar Aiken leading the Ravens in receiving yards in that one year

Marlon Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He won the snowbowl!

reminds me that I saw some etsy crap recently that was like 'best ravens plays' coasters or something. they had jacoby jones in denver, uhh i think jacoby jones td catch in the superbowl, lamar jackson's run against the bengals and i think stokley's td catch in the superbowl. the snowbowl is way down there in terms of importance even though it's totally unforgettable, a nice little consolation prize in what otherwise was a pretty bad season. but it was the post superbowl season so it was all fine

of the four the stokley one kinda stands out. i get needing something from the superbowl, but i think i'd rather have the ray lewis eddie george interception to represent that season. or the torrey smith td against the steelers.

Borsche69 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 1, 2021

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trade watkins lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

If he's healthy midseason and has done ok...maybe get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him from a team who needs him.

okay come on. you don't really think watkins is gonna garner that return.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Time posted:

shut up and get out

wtf? I thought this forum was supposed to be chill. This is not being excellent to each other.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

There's no point to all these late round draft picks DeCosta acquires. You don't need excess 4th and beyond picks. You want them there yes. But you don't need a million of them. You can only keep 53 guys. So you can have 15 fourth round picks and it's not gonna do you much good.

Most of the Ravens depth are built on those picks dude. Can you please read anything other than the 2002 Ravens wikipedia page.

After the 2011 CBA, hitting on rookie picks has been one of the most crucial elements to building a roster. Its a bunch of cheap players that can potentially play well. And there's no actual guarantee to who can play well (even if you do have a good developmental staff) so you want a lot of picks so that you have more shots at landing a good player, to say nothing of the flexibility that it gives you to move up or down or get other players or get more picks next year etc.

What's going on here? You think that Watkins is going to get a 2nd round pick 'if he stays healthy and plays well'. You hate getting more draft picks. You want Ozzie Newsome fired. You doing okay? Everything alright at home?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a patagonian cavy posted:

are you new here

Are you?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Metapod posted:

👀👀👀

Give me some visual novel reqs

Katawa Shoujo

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Barreft posted:

I'm a huge fan of Doki Doki Literature Club too! What were the things you liked best?

Just Monika.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Depth is important for future development, and quality depth makes it easier for the staff to scheme around them if they are forced into service before they were expected to. I would rather have Anthony Averett emergency step in to a starting role than idk Cyrus Jones.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

So what I mean is use these picks in package deals to try to get more 1st-3rd round picks instead of just tons of late round picks we can't even fit on the roster if they are decent like that CB we traded to New England

They do this though. Going back to 2018, they've had 17 picks in the first 3 rounds. They had 10 in the last two drafts. They will play the draft depending on what their scouting says. In this one, they clearly felt that there wasn't a lot of depth to the draft. A lot of other teams felt the same, making it difficult to either trade up or trade out of the round entirely. Eventually they actually will have to use the pick. They took a flyer on Wade to see if he could be the future in the slot (since Tayvon Young probably isn't), and Wade got outclassed by just about every other DB we had, so you try to get some value back. I don't know why you think they didn't try to do X or Y - they're not a stupid organization, they do think about this stuff.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah and great to see Hollywood doing so well these first two games. Hopefully Bateman follows suit.

Just wish Lamar would improve his decision making sometimes.

He made the decision to go for it at the end and win the game. And then he won the game.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

You know what I mean. Like the early stuff. The boneheaded stuff he does that can be prevented easily.

You mean the touchdowns and the lots of yards he got?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Could be prevented but don't know why you'd think that'd help.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

You're being obtuse. I've been totally behind Lamar except for some of the dumb preventable picks he will throw.

It'd help because a lot of the stuff he does is easily preventable. I liked that he didn't fumble this week and was good with his ball handling. But he's gotten rid of that before and it always resurfaces.

What's this fumble poo poo? He won the game dude. Watkins fell down on the pick six, the other pick weren't great. He drove this offense and scored 36 points and yelled 'gently caress yeah we're going for it' at Harbaugh and then went for it and then got it and then won it. You need to be body checked if you're posting this poo poo after a win like that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the virgin you: jackson needs better decision making

the chad jackson: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1439792387748876288

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

dundalk man: i hope they don't go for it. punt the ball please

jackson https://twitter.com/fakndafunk/status/1439793544508497923?s=20

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Watkins did fall but the pick was still Lamar's fault.

Horseshit. Defend this.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Give me a second by second breakdown of how Watkins falling was Lamar's fault.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

He threw it after Watkins had fallen. Should have thrown it away.

If Watkins fell while the pass was in the air that's one thing.

It's a timing route. Look that up.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

For the love of god look anything up. I beg you to actually look into poo poo and learn it and whatever before posting whatever weird little knee jerk thing pops into your skull.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

No one forced him to throw the pass once it was clear the play was busted. I know what those are they are common sense but the play clearly was not going to work.

Look up a timing route. A slant. I'm begging you. You throw the pass before the guy gets open. Its a passing concept. For the love of god.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It's a loving one read look. Do you know what that means?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Metapod posted:

What could lamar Jackson possibly do with the football if his wr does a naughty before he throws??? I guess throw it anyway

Good point, I would simply throw a touchdown every time.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Metapod posted:

Have you ever watched like Peyton Manning or Tom brady or Alex Smith or Matt Hasselbeck or etc they don't just throw the ball because the play said so if something goes wrong lol

I've seen Ryan Tannehill throw a pick to lose the game lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Think I just watched Lamar Jackson get the one yard they needed. Looked like good decision making to me.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Metapod posted:

Borche shaking his head as he sees lamar throw a pick into triple saying what can you do its a timing route

Tannehill should've KNOWN that Kalif Raymond would fall down on that route. He's a bum! Get them both the gently caress out of Kentucky (? thin kthis is the correct state)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ONLY IN BALLMORE MERLIN LETS loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens beat the Chiefs, Ravens fans melt down

I'm happy as gently caress my man

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Metapod posted:

I know you have goldfish brain that makes popdog look like Alexander Graham Bell so ill explain this slowly.

A qb doesn't have to throw the ball just because the coach says throw.

Man you got to chill. This forum is supposed to be a chill place where people are excellent to each other. You don't have to be this mad. I can do without the insults.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

oof

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

My fraudulent team beat the Titans in their own house last year wtf are you on about

everyone has done this. many such cases.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You absolutely 100% must pay Baker. He's their best QB since 99. Nothing will tank this team faster than going back to the QB carousel and dropping first round picks on lottery ticket QBs. He's not going to be a HoF QB, and that's totally fine. He's not poo poo, and that's all that matters. Yeah, he played horrible Sunday, but I think that's the exception to the rule for him. He's been wildly efficient and has kept bad decisions (and turnovers) to a minimum since halfway through last year.

Yeah absolutely this. Its always fun to think about setting up a team that can constantly set up for the future and cycle through rookie contract qbs, but it's not that realistic and especially for a franchise like the Browns that needs to have at least a couple more winning seasons/playoffs to get a little more of that 'winner's culture' type poo poo.
`

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://theathletic.com/2889928/202...ry=ted%20nguyen

Someone finally explained why the Ravens pass catchers are always running routes into one another's spots.

Ted Ngyuen is really great, I love all of his poo poo. And it definitely sheds light onto some of the most head scratching stuff from last year .I remember posting some of the route concepts from the (I think?) Titans playoff game that seemed totally psychotic at the time. I can't argue with success and the players seem like they've really stepped up in terms of feeling the coverage and using their flexibility to adjust, along with Lamar hitting those windows.

It still just seems odd system for an offense that consists almost exclusively of young skill players. You could probably say they were playing the long game of hoping everyone sort of grows into it, but I do wonder if it would've made more sense to get those players running stricter routes, maybe with pre-snap options - at least as far as just developing the players goes.

Although I can only say this without true insight, and it'd take a deeper dive to see if this wasn't what they were already doing, just either bad decision making, bad route running, or bad route concepts (letting two dudes run option routes and not making sure that the options make sense and don't run into each other)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

You didnt any traumatic playoff losses from us

you can always bring up 2017 game I guess but as ridiculous as that loss was, I was not expecting poo poo from them in the post season. It doesn't hit the same way something like the Cundiff field goal

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Oh yeah well that was just a blowout. I've been to multiple games where we shut them out. I mean games where they had the game won and we came up with some ridiculous play at the end. Maybe that game where they completed the hail mary to tie the game but then we still won? That doesn't completely count.

the AJ Green hail mary catch to send the game to overtime and then we just stomp down and kick the winning field goal anyway is about the closest thing I guess. anything where someone gets hope just to have it ripped away counts

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

No he isn't. If he is it's a razor thin margin. He's like .1% behind Tucker.

he has less than half the attmepts lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I think he had a really rough first season or so but has righted things to such an extent that he's now right up there with Tucker. So I think that speaks pretty highly of him.

yeah and tucker looks even better if you remove all his missed kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

That's why I said eventually. He had a very rough beginning so ever getting to that elite level is something in itself. And he has close to 150 attempts--that is more than enough to start seriously measuring him. People were talking about Tucker's accuracy very early on too.

man just hush