Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Tzen posted:

christening the new thread with some eric crackle ping
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1427301372270104577

mega yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what the gently caress is wrong with nate silver

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

cenotaph posted:

Oh yeah when I was chatting with the pharmacist he mentioned that some non-compromised people were getting third shots and I was thinking yeah, I post on a forum with all of them.

He seemed dumbfounded about antivaxers and said he'd get a 3rd if he could.

lol pharmacists can steal almost anything they want he’s probably bullshitting you

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Nurses l having for the same reason food service workers did. It's mostly assholes showing up at the hospital right now.

a good plurality of the sick are angry chuds atm it’s loving awful

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

all this is happening and not a peep about a lockdown

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Grabnar posted:

There’s a lot of medical professionals in my family and social circles and they have all crack pinged in 1 of 2 ways, without exception.

1) They are Eric Crackl-Ping posting in this thread while self-medicating
Or
2) They’ve gone full brunch lib because “I’m just going to catch it at work anyway”

liquor, weed and posts

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Ammanas posted:

There will never be another lockdown in the United States.

it’s just kinda crazy!!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

Boosters are only given to children after infancy if they have a specific medical condition, so I'm guessing by Age 15 his titers were super low

This study just came out a few weeks ago:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocs.15888

36% of all COVID patients having bacterial pneumonia is high as gently caress - and it sounds like the oxygen therapy just makes them more likely to get it in a hospital setting

anyone going on ECMO is hosed

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

THE EcONOMY

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

Tampa school case tracker. Holy poo poo at yesterday.

There’s an emergency meeting tomorrow because 5k kids are now sent home because they were exposed to someone with it.

lol one kid can just waltz around campus and shut it all down

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

why are kids 12+ allowed to go to school without being vaccinated

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Forseti posted:

:stare:

gently caress capitalism

that’s pretty sad and also very relatable

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

kopasetic posted:

Grandpa gets brought to ED by family because everyone else in the house has covid and they don’t want him to catch it. guy is perfectly fine, tests negative, but we admit him because it is the VA. grandpa sits around for two weeks until family recovers. seems like a great opportunity to vaccinate him before he goes. family calls an hour later screaming at me for giving him an “experimental vaccine” and how dare I do that without their permission and they’re gonna sue my rear end etc. why did I choose this career

at this point I feel telling such people to gently caress off is professionally appropriate

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

hatty posted:

is flying from Texas to New York for my grandmas funeral mass a bad idea if my family is full of dumbass idiots who refuse vaccinations? I know the answer is yes but I feel like I need to be assured

I went to my aunt’s funeral a few weeks ago. drove, no flying. my family is full of chuds.

two weeks later two of them popped positive for the rona. narrowly dodged a bullet

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

someone please go back in time and have abe Lincoln wall off the south please

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

god, im glad i live in the US, where I'm free from the horrific effects of sustained social isolation. here I only have to deal with the constant threat of gun violence, 650,000 people dying of a preventable disease, extremely low wages, homeless people on literally every single street I walk down, and the ever-present threat of still getting covid even though i'm vaccinated, and god, compared to the horror of sustained social isolation I am just so so so happy I live in a FREE and CIVILIZED country otherwise my mind would be COMPLETELY hosed and I would be laughing like the joker pretty much constantly. Haha!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! ehehehe ahahhahEeuheauhaha

sounds like u need some cash

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Stereotype posted:

ICU Patients:
Strokes: 1
Injuries: 3
COVID Cases: 321
Heart Attacks: 2

someone please help me figure out what to do, my state is dying

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Joementum posted:

this is the guy in charge of the vermont department of health at a press conference........... today

https://twitter.com/JaneLindholm/status/1427670755828019210

what’s a little white lie to encourage vaccination

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

gently caress you greg

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

how is new zealand getting covid

are they letting people back in or what

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

we have a few vacccinated folks in our icu

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

coke posted:

they've been letting citizens and people related to them back in, or if you have some sort of critical purpose and you can apply for a critical purpose visa

i literally :justpost:ed through their quarantine for two weeks and got out two days ago

swear it wasn't me who brought it back in though

very interesting

are you the google exec

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

What does Regeneron even actually do?

monoclonal antibody to spike protein

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

can I move to new zealand

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I’m almost eight months post vaccine :(

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

just go get get another shot. gently caress the haters.

I might. supposedly might get official boosters next month. I have a buddy who got Pfizer in December and got moderna last week, wrecked his poo poo for 24 hrs

idk

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

You need a boost

I like to think I’ve been getting micro doses of covid at work since then so maybe I’m ok

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

the fact that that rear end in a top hat gets it while asymptomatic and being such a piece of poo poo

just breathtaking

no such thing as justice

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

a never ending sad trombone that ends with a wet fart

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I am still mourning the death of my covid immunity and opportunistic doomerism

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Crunchy Black posted:

I would die of the collective anxiety buildup if I ever had to go to an office ever again

only some of this is caused by my long COVID

lol

lmao

it’s nice working in a hospital because of mandatory masks

but then occasionally you walk to the lounge to get a water and twelve people are maskless chowing down on some nuggies and you have to quickly retreat to your cave

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

inferis posted:

my partner works as a nurse on a covid floor at the hospital and i harassed him into wearing an n95 but he said he’s literally the only person doing that on the floor

do you live in a chud state

that would get you written up here

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

^^^Get your kid tested nonetheless. Asymptomatic carriers can have long covid symptoms pop up later

:psyduck:

How is that even possible? They were wearing like hazmat suits in covid wards at the start of this. Have they backslid into acting like loving boomers at the Kroger's because they're vaccinated? What in the gently caress is going on

I have never seen someone in the covid unit waltz in with a looney tunes cloth mask

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

inferis posted:

it’s oregon, the other coworkers are wearing surgical masks

that’s very very stupid and ill advised!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

B-Rock452 posted:

Oh it's happening all over. My wife's hospital is offering tier 3 bonus in their emergency room for almost all shifts (starts at tier 1) and she is at one of the top hospitals in the country in a blue state. No one wants to work cause it's just a complete poo poo show. Luckily she is hopefully getting hired to write articles and be a medical consultant for a medical supply company cause the Emergency room is a loving meat grinder right now. Everyone is leaving.

it’s non stop chuds all the way down

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

That's because we crack-ping'd a year ago. Most people haven't. My apartment is a refrigerator full of rotten food away from looking like an episode of Hoarders due to my roommate's lack of spatial awareness (she inherited some stuff) as of yesterday.

The mover kept telling me about how he took the test 3 times, and passed all of them, how someone he knew got really sick from the vaxx, how his coworkers all caught it at another job and got two weeks off, getting barred from entering a restaurant for not wearing a mask, how he only wore a mask twice, etc. All to me, who stupidity only wore a kf-94, because I assumed it would take an hour or two tops, not nearly 5 hours.

Anyway that experience taught me that some people really just perceive it like it's a cold, and it's just not a big deal. I didn't even get a "just the flu bro" vibe, it was honestly not something of concern, at all.

Hopefully I'm not the walking dead now.

I have had family members of patients in active respiratory distress refuse to wear masks even in the hospital room where their dad or whoever is dying in front of them

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

it little Timmy gets covid can i still go to brunch?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Hell, someone in GBS posted about going to brunch while they themselves were positive.

reading or posting in gbs is verboten

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

I think this thread and the GBS thread should swap subforums, see if it breaks anyone's brain.

what is this heresy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Anyone who has ever spent a moment caring for children knew that kids are massive disease vectors and reservoirs and you can find over a century of academic writing about how respiratory diseases spread in school-aged populations.

"Covid doesn't affect kids" was deliberate, cynical misinformation that resulted in an unknowable but likely substantial body count.

they’re also much more willing to do what needs to be done to care for others like wear masks