Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Posting from Walgreens while I wait for my third dose, hope I make it to read page 7,000 of this thread as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
My office Open Bidened at 8:00 this morning with a celebratory staff breakfast. It’s now 11:39, somebody has tested positive, and they’re scrambling to do contact tracing for the breakfast party. Life comes at you fast.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Stereotype posted:

I didn’t even get to say bye to the old thread, just like how millions of people won’t be able to say bye to their dying oxygen deprived loved ones as they frantically try to find them an open hospital bed that doesn’t exist.

A medical assistant will visit your bedside with an iPad with the Awful app installed, and hold it up to your face.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Trip report: successfully got my third shot today. Tried Walgreens first, but they claimed that their computer system isn’t set up for it yet. Ended up at Rite Aid, where the cashier and pharmacy tech both tried to gatekeep the hell out of third vaccines. I take high dose oral corticosteroids, which is on the CDC’s list of eligible conditions, so sadly I had to pull a Karen and ask to speak with the pharmacist. Pharmacist was a chill dude who agreed that I do qualify, and shot me up with a third dose of the juice.

I hope they don’t make it this difficult for like, cancer patients to get their third doses, because all in all it was a super discouraging experience. Anyway I have three rows of vaccines listed on my vax card now, which looks cool and good.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

Waiting at the CVS, pretty blond lady gets in line for the pharmacy, sees my respirator, then puts on a mask.

Surprising it's about 75% mask compliance at the moment

Actual interaction I witnessed at a pharmacy today:

Unmasked Man: “hi I’m here to get the vaccine, it’s my first dose”
Pharm Tech: “okay, unvaccinated people need to wear a mask though, I can offer you this surgical mask for use in the store”
Unmasked Man: “I’m vaccinated”

My mans got so used to lying about his vaccination status that he forgot to stop lying when he was getting the vaccine, he lied so many times that it’s a kneejerk response now

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol how did the tech react

She didn’t even blink, just repeated herself and on the second attempt the guy took the offered mask and put it on. I wonder if this is even the first time it’s happened to her.

Tzen posted:

what is this legit third dose nonsense doing here

no but really good job, hilarious that you had to Karen them just to get your legit jab

Thank you! Shout out to this thread for giving me the righteous confidence to argue with them about it, normally I would have just meekly rolled over

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

:laffo:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I have a stupid question: is it worth getting like a t-dap booster or something to like, rev up your immune system if you’re not able to get a third dose of slut juice yet?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

MMR/TDAP/Pneumovax have all shown some sort of benefit - even a study came out recently saying people who had a flu shot last year had less severe COVID

MMR definitely is the leading candidate for "might actually do something" since most kids have 2 shots of it and COVID largely doesn't effect them - a study came out last year tying high Mumps titers to less severe COVID

Can you get an MMR booster as an adult though? Everything I’m seeing is for kids/college age adults.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

Waited for 30 minutes because of insurance issues but I got my 3rd shot, arm is sore as gently caress already

:hfive: congrats immunocompromised buddy, here’s hoping our side effects are really terrible because maybe it means our immune systems are working I guess?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

The solution will be to make the quarantine requirements more lax

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Kreeblah posted:

Hmmm. Maybe my friend Max Titers should get his unofficial third now-ish, and then an official third at the actual 8-month period. Should provide some good protection until then, and then jack them titers way the gently caress up.

yeah does this mean the immunocompromised people will be on shot #4 by Christmas? :lol:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Are there a lot of people reporting similar symptoms to their second shot from the booster? I don't recall anyone from the previous thread saying anything.

I got my third vax earlier today and I’m having all of the exact same side effects I had with shots 1 and 2, which is to say I’m couchbound and watching Hard Ticket to Hawaii because I’ve got fever/chills/aches and can’t manage to focus on anything more intellectually stimulating than that

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

Why the gently caress are they giving that nazi on wheels Regeneron?? Why the gently caress is he allowed to feed kids to the nest grinder but that cocksucker gets monoclonal antibody treatment?

Even if it doesn’t work on Delta gently caress him!

I like how there are multiple nazis on wheels, so for a second I had to try to remember whether or not Cawthorn had popped positive

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

RuBisCO posted:

But also, to post this cat

wanna pet that good girl

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Oof bad news... Dog quarantine is 180 days. Not even joking.

What the gently caress? Thats like 1/14 of a large dog’s entire lifespan. Imagine moving to a new country and having to quarantine for like 4 years first.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Rubby posted:

*Kramers into the room* oh hell.. did i miss it?

https://i.imgur.com/zuOUwnQ.mp4

:laffo: an underappreciated post

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

brugroffil posted:

"masks are good because they allow us to avoid quarantines"

https://twitter.com/ProfEmilyOster/status/1428064884474920964

I thought she announced that she was going to shut the gently caress up?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Casey Finnigan posted:

just heard a story on the news about an outbreak of legionnaire's disease that infected 9 people lol

this reminds me that one of the showers in my house hasn’t been turned on since like March 2020, guess I should probably go do that with the window open and a respirator on

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

gently caress that, the best part of masks is not having to wax my mustache

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Respirator chat: I have the 3M 6500 series respirator, which buckles on the back of the neck with a plastic quick release kind of buckle. The buckle is made of a flimsy-ish plastic, and I think mine has been bent back and forth so many times at the weak point that it’s in serious danger of breaking. Does anyone know if they sell replacement buckles? I’ve found replacement straps, but not the plastic hardware.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr. Pizza posted:

its that pfizer trash juice

moderna supremacy

As a pfizer juice slut, this post hurts my pfeelings

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Consent manufacturing machine go brrrrrr

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

:qq:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Lacrosse posted:

New celebrity breakthrough infection, hot off the press

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1428715980398735361?s=20

She’s chud-lite and her fan base is entirely Christian conservative essential oils moms, so her comments sections are gonna be lit

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Louisgod posted:

lol gently caress you Florida you failed state I say to myself as my state catches on fire every summer and snow is no longer a thing.

Laughing inside my sealed-up house with six air purifiers running because the AQI is 150, and also not running the dishwasher between 4pm and 10pm lest the power grid collapse

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
My resting heart rate is usually 80ish but when I read this thread it shoots up to 120-125 :f5:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Zisky posted:

In case anybody is similarly worried about their dog:

https://www.k9mask.com/

Cat masks when

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Substandard posted:

I mean ivermectin horse paste also tells you the dose per hundred pounds on the tube. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how much to take to not die, but I'm not going to test that theory

There’s usually a helpful conversion chart, you just need to know how many hands tall you are

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
One day we will hear legend of a corpse wearing green boots, found nestled beneath a row of plastic chairs in an ER waiting room

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Delta-Wye posted:

no one cares how old your crotch spawn is at the feed store. won't even blink when you're tell em your horse is 2 years old and you need that apple paste asap

since kids are smaller, go for the pony dose

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Stereotype posted:

this has to be as stupid as it gets right

we have such sights to show you

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Buffer posted:

Kiddo went back to LAUSD last monday, KN95ed up.

Tests were wednesday - 2 day turnaround
On friday - 5 positive students, case rate 50/100k vs. 30/100k in the community
Yesterday -1 of those positive students was in kiddos class, they quarantined a 3 foot zone around the positive

This is fine.

I posted before about my office celebrating going Open Biden with a staff breakfast and then having someone pop positive by lunch. They did contact tracing on everyone at the breakfast, found that nobody there was masked, but decided not to quarantine anybody because everyone was eating so it didn’t count.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

tenderjerk posted:

Got a notice that 3 people in my office are covid positive

Suddenly me making a big stink to HR last month about "my immunocompromised health" and being granted full wfh doesn't sound so dumb

Permanent wfh? My HR department doesn’t know what to do with my immunocompromised rear end because they desperately want to put an end date on any wfh agreement and nobody knows what to write on the form.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Impkins Patootie posted:

does it really taste like apples

Can confirm the horse paste really does taste like apples, but like sickly sweet chemical apple taste, like a jolly rancher

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

lol this is the company that made ivermectin

lol that’s from February

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Woke up this morning with hugely swollen lymph nodes, a slightly elevated temperature (99.5, I’m usually about 97.5 on this thermometer), headache, and a general feeling of malaise.

I’ve literally only gone out 7 times since mid-March 2020, always to medical or vaccine appointments, but I went to multiple pharmacies last week to get the booster shot. lmao if that’s what does me in.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

U-DO Burger posted:

congrats on escaping your job

i haven't broken free of my job yet, but my therapist spoke with me for like 5 seconds before concluding it was time for 3 months of FMLA. got zero pushback lol

They just suggested and approved 3 months of FMLA, just like that? I feel like I’m about to snap but my doctor just keeps telling me to “hang in there.”

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Today feels like a bug day. Likely nothing will change

The biggest/worst news dumps are on Fridays, and it’s gotten to the point where I now dread Friday afternoons because of it. I’m afraid of the dumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Loucks posted:

You’re fine. This is the thread for sharing insane stories and melting down (safely).

Just learned I’m so loving triggered by “safely” in parentheticals gently caress