Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
New thread, same threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

fosborb posted:

his statement is amazing

I'm not concerned about covid; all of my covid symptoms are part of my laundry list of chronic health problems already! not even concerned about going to the hospital! my failing flesh routinely needs emergency medical treatment

These dumb hogs have no idea what it's like to be healthy and want to take us all down with them. Good riddance, I hope his obvious underlying conditions gently caress his heart into a lump of zombie flesh.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
:goon: to save the lives of children. Sad that it has come to this.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Premier* Gladbags Butterchicken, seppo

A face like a hen laying razors.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ya think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02RlfX3A7q4

Sorry to the arachnophobes in the thread.

I would pay many pesos for a molt of this guy 😍 I wonder if they shed those little claws as well.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (apparently one or two are out of order. If someone can tell me which or I can upload them all somewhere, file names are the dates)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

Washington is falling. :(

Stupid chud county.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

lovely phone pic, great shirt. Thank u rubby.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
The number one rule of a plague is no travel. lol. lmao.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Aurubin posted:

I crack pinged when the Paris agreement was signed. I got curious about the timeline for climate change and had a panic attack after reading papers for like two months. Decided to do an about face on my career. No need to wax on about clathrates or blue ocean events, I'm there already.

You are cool and admirable for this effort.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thoguh posted:

A month ago I was not on board with denying care to the unvaxxed (obviously not kids) but now I'm not so sure.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate just told me to go to the strip club because apparently I'm on my period.

lmfao

I realized today that I haven't been on a plane in over three years. Doing my part (safely) (from home).

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Iron Crowned posted:

oh, that's right, I don't have any money

Remember what happened the last time you went to a strip club??!!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

IAMKOREA posted:

you guys are giving out monoclonal antibodies at libraries? what the gently caress is going on?

Failed state! Lol. Everything in America is rickety jury rigged poo poo built on grift.

Anyway. I just found out that my kid's school has outdoor lunch tables if kids would feel more comfortable there, which is great. He's already asked me to drive him, at least at the beginning. That was the last piece of the puzzle, at least until next month when band starts.

I feel kinda gobsmacked that the problem was already solved, mash'allah, thank you Jesus, Buddha's name be praised. E: special thanks to the master of the universe for presenting me with a timely eject button from the poo poo show that is Texas.

Strep Vote fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 19, 2021

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

dew worm posted:

they say most diseases mutate to be less deadly but uh covid does not seem to be doing that

That's cope, sorry. The black death went through several horrifying mutations during its last rampage through Europe, which lasted over 300 years. The asymptomatic spread is why we are hosed, those numbers out of China are horrifying. There's literally no pressure on it to become less deadly to evade detection because it already evades detection and spreads silently two days before the onset of symptoms, which are the usual signal to humans that something is wrong. It's already moved on before you know you're hit.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

fosborb posted:

be sure to also document their breakdown when they get online and realize all the kids mask sites are sold out and they should have been building a boat all summer like you, as the rains start to fall

:getin: time to panic lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Jesus lol things are really bad!

Edit: obligatory "gently caress the CDC" what the gently caress is going on over there

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

FizFashizzle posted:

People like to fantasize about what the collapse of the US will look like and imagine it being some huge, cataclysmic event.

But it won’t be. It’ll be a flood of small, unforeseen, isolated failures like this. They’ll force population shift that will put strain on the system and create even more small, unforeseen, isolated collapses.

The places that survive will be the ones with enough existing institutional stability to weather and stabilize it. But as the displaced move and crowd into cities, the same impulses that led them to destroy their old homes will infect their new ones.

Florida is not a place; it is a mindset. And it will move north.

I hate that I know you're right.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

fosborb posted:

lol email from school

*internal screaming*

Our school ice cream social got cancelled. :smith: I wish we cared enough about kids to fix society's numerous problems!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Feel we may be getting shock-doctrined here but I can't tell how deliberate it is.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

gently caress, sorry goon. Take care, hopefully it won't be that bad.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Real Mean Queen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7MgW8UbJQ

This is hella good, but I wouldn't recommend starting your day with it

loving superb, thank you.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Throatwarbler posted:

The part about her being a great cook is the capstone on top of everything, because it's not like Americans are braving the pandemic to crank out more T-34s for the front, the country is literally being torn apart and hundreds of thousands are dying because *checks thread notes* Americans need to go somewhere to eat terrible American food and get even fatter.

Before the pandemic I tried my best to expose her to all aspects of American cuisine. We went to multiple IHOPs and Golden Corrals in different states. We had sweet potato casserole, pop tarts, "General Tso's Chicken", and she's just not into it at all.

Why would you do that to someone you love? You are an idiot who lucked into a good partner. Don't ever think you are the catch in this relationship.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
gently caress it triple post it's great that the FDA is looking to approve on Monday. Unfortunately for me, the local health conglomerate closed our doctor's office in June, so we have no PCP until the end of September when our doc starts a new position an extra 20 minutes away. And I'm insanely privileged how the gently caress can you fight against a passive genocide of attrition like this?

We don't have a coherent society, everyone still sane is just scrambling to survive.

What a poo poo hole.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Nocturtle posted:

OMG this is the reason.

It's hilarious and terrifying to realize most of the poo poo that comes out of the gov't is just rear end covering for the last poo poo.

Also I think we are watching an inter-agency power struggle between the CDC and the FDA/administration right now and it would be funny if it weren't for the cascade failure starting to happen. In that context, it is hysterical.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mod sassinator posted:

lol china had a study last week of its delta surge and saw from its mass testing 73% of people with delta were asymptomatic spreaders

Nah bro it was 73% of spread happens before symptoms/detection on a test.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I appreciate the doctors in this thread telling us the state of things in hell so that every day I redouble my efforts to not get covid.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Insanite posted:

latest death panel podcast feels simpatico with this thread:

https://twitter.com/DeathPanel_/status/1428462333655924741?s=20

lots of angry oster bashing, among other things

This is a great podcast. These people are on crack-ping number twenty seven, it sounds like. Very cspam, very covid thread approved.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
What level of collapse are y'all on? I'm at "never let the gas tank go below ¾ full."

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Fun anecdote, my partner did a business presentation alone last night because his copresenter in Texas was at the hospital because his 15 year old had dangerously high levels of glucose. His kid now has diabetes. They had covid last year lol.

hurr hurr just catch covid and get it over with hurr hurr

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Der Meister posted:

only the mentally ill can see our plight

we can only watch

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

super sweet best pal posted:

Is it normal to have a massive rash around the injection site that's persisted for nearly two weeks? It's, I'd say about the size of a Gamecube disc. Is that firmly in "Consult a doctor" territory?

Mmmmm.... yeah I'd like a consult if possible. Don't worry too much as long as it doesn't get worse.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
There's a juvenile barred owl in my front yard who is learning to hoot. :kimchi:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Zurtilik posted:

There's no place worse than this planet. It's horrible here.

The planet is not the problem!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

uber_stoat posted:

i love living in this country of ours where everyday reality is indistinguishable from blackest satire.

people say God is a comedian playing for an audience too afraid to laugh but i been lollin and lmaoing this whole time, so many sides, many sides

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Hollismason posted:

If I didn't read this thread I would never have learned about Humira and the vaccine

If any of your troll brunches were real you were in danger the whole time and didn't even know it. :)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Hollismason posted:

No I was going to brunch i will reconsider in the future though lol, until i see whether i developed antibodies. I get my test in 3 weeks so being real careful right now.

Consider this God's warning shot across your bow. :hai:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Hollismason posted:

I been successful in dodging it so far. I will probably go out for dinner this weekend. I just gotta see people for my mental health. I can't stay locked in my mental health just really deteriorates when I don't see people. Its really tough on me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

...the nurse, listening to you code for the fourth time: at least his mental health was good!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I don't know how to tell people that if you have to "check out" for mental health reasons, you are not being mentally healthy and in fact are being super dysfunctional!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lacrosse posted:

Something my therapist pointed out was very very few people are capable of 'big picture' (aka critical) thinking. For some reason a large percentage of the posters in C-Spam are critical thinkers who are able to figure out things like how there's no loving way lollapalooza only had 200 cases, meanwhile your average person just laps that poo poo up without another thought.

Scene: prepping my kid for school

Me: just keep your mask on and you'll be fine. Oh, and don't be a stickler for social distancing, they changed it from six feet to three feet. They decided they're the same.
Kid: oh, ok.
Me: ...
Kid: ...
Me: ...
Kid: ... but that makes me think that six feet wasn't enough and it should be 12?
Me: gently caress WHY ARE YOU SO SMART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

What was the name of those specific kinds of scarves posted earlier for wrapping around respirators? If I recall they were a somewhat thinner fabric and longer length.

https://hirbawiusa.com/ - keffiyehs from the last keffiyeh factory in Palestine. I'm a textiles nerd and love these. Actually just bought another one. I'm collecting them, I guess. Huge, light cotton, warm or cool depending how you wrap it. Super useful, they're basically like a hitchhiker's towel in that regard.

When I was a kid there was this candy called bubble paste - bubblegum in a toothpaste tube, and it came in apple. I loved that poo poo. Anyway I can't stop thinking about the forbidden apple paste, it's becoming a problem.