Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Raenir Salazar posted:

There's an anime that had I think, a similarly interesting premise for me which was this scifi anime, about this team of like, students/intern engineers building prototype racing rocketships so you have this combination of films like that racing Ford vs Ferrari film meets one of the Apollo Films and there's cut throat corporate dealings and espionage and there's like DUNE style plots within plots of kids switching identities, its crazy and was awesome. I think its one of those classic animes that suffered from its overly brisk half-cour (11ish episode) runtime instead of really having time to breath with exploring its various plots.

Believe that one's called Classroom Crisis! I don't know who's been taking interesting, serious sci-fi tales and giving them utterly terrible names, but I thought it was pretty solid. Though I agree that by the end, it was definitely suffering from not quite having enough time to fit in everything they wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Nyoro posted:

That's it, a snake themed vtuber hasn't been done before

there's vtubers themed around drat near everything

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Willo567 posted:

speaking of ultimate muscle, i heard that the original kinnikuman authors restarted work on it a few years ago. has anyone read it, and if so did they change brocken jr to not be a literal nazi anymore

they removed his swastika tattoos and don't make a big deal about his skull emblem anymore, but otherwise his outfit is basically unchanged

on the other hand, the new series lets almost everyone who's appeared in the ring before have another shot at a real fight. no matter how badly they jobbed last time or how much of a joke character they were the first time around, they get a chance for a comeback match to show their stuff

yes, even Teapackman and Benkiman

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

DoubleDonut posted:

how did he survive having his head ripped off

almost everyone who died in the original run, whether hero or villain, is back to life. the series doesn't even bother trying to explain it. they're just back. everyone remembers that time they were brutally murdered in the ring and is either glad or horrified to see they've turned up for a comeback fight, and that's that

basically the only people who are still confirmed dead are the ones whose deaths have become a defining part of someone else's character, like Brocken Jr's dad, or the ones who've managed to get themselves killed again in the new run

Aurora posted:

is all of kinnikuman scanlated

i want the TV shows to be subbed...

yeah

i think Nisei has a bunch of holes in it still, but the original continuity is fully scanlated, all the way from chapter 1 up to the current chapters

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Not sure if this is more suited to the rec thread, but I want to watch a nice SoL show and I somehow managed to miss out on K-On, Yuru Camp, and New Game. Which should I watch first?

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

Sweetness and Lightning

comfy cooking shows are good

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
goku stealing other people's signature moves is pretty par for the course

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Elephant Parade posted:

Please stop posting about US politics in the anime chat thread

been reading baki lately, it's unreasonably awesome

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
are you talking about goku or something

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

junan_paalla posted:

wtf happened in this thread overnight lmao

happy thanksgiving

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

:amen:

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
we did not need a ten minute video about that

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

TV Zombie posted:

Is the movie part of another series? It seems that way. I just want to see cool gundam fight against each other. Much like zombie series, let me see how they escape and beat the zombies. Don't harp so much on the humanity aspect of a post zombie apocalypse.

most gundam shows are either war dramas or hero dramas. in general, expect them to be at least 70% angsty teens or twenty-somethings agonizing over personal conflicts and the fact that they keep semi-willingly getting into battles to the death

i feel like gundam shows that are part of the continuity of the original Gundam (like Hathaway's Flash) tend to be worse about that, since the setting's been milked to death at this point. no reason to use it anymore except to get self-referential and tie stuff in to thirty years of previous angsty plot points

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Tabletops posted:

Nothing about g gundam is bad. The British orbital colony is a galleon in a space bottle. The Mexican one is a sombrero.

Literally everything about g gundam is loving perfect

g gundam absolutely does not give a single gently caress, and it's amazing for it

it leads into absurdity on every level

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

TV Zombie posted:

Christ are all these vtubers vids an hour long minimum?

some make short vids too, some don't

a lot of vtubers tend to be streamers, and the big corporate ones are generally required by contract to stream a certain number of hours per week

the biggest addicts who watch the streams religiously will clip out bits they think are funny and interesting, and post them up as separate videos. most people just watch those clips since they're usually a few minutes long instead of a few hours long

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Srice posted:

peetubers

actually it's pronounced p-tubers

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Stairmaster posted:

gura is writing slash fic of herselfxnene in this minecraft stream rn

why the gently caress do you think this is compelling information that we all need to know

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
now here's some vtuber voices worth listening to

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessFriendlyDeerTheTarFu-ye1QBF3XpTMT-7QF

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7011654070222081285

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9awpoiiVe0

i don't even like Dark Souls, but just fuckin look at All-Bones Jones over there

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Namtab posted:

mods are my puppets, your solution will be reality

how many karens will you have to sacrifice for it

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

loving yikes

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

drat, i didn't think it was possible to sum Saber up so accurately in one image like this

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

whoa, an evangelion x k-on crossover? cool idea

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

I. M. Gei posted:

this age chat is depressing af

I don't want or need any reminders that I'm turning another year older in a few months and still haven't accomplished my life goals

you've still got time to give em a shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
i was busy sleeping in on New Year's day like a normal person