Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Aurora posted:

yeah i loved vlad love

i was wondering if this was by the roadqueen artist/author and yeah it is, nice

Oh this is the same person as Battle Princess Peony

Roadqueen looks like fun but it's not listed on the gumroad or itch stores and I cannot be arsed to gently caress around with Seven Seas' DRM stuff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

I second the Troubleshooters rec. If you like XCOM and messing with abilities and comboing things together in that, then you'd love Troubleshooters and its mastery system.

Also yes its p gay

Is it actually a complete game? The fact that the description leads with "the first season" makes me worried.

This is the official english release of Accept My Fist Of Love?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

What If You Could See Love? wrapped up last month and no-one mentioned it! Jerks! I know what I'm reading next.

Feliday Melody posted:

Mage and demon queen

In a world that runs on videogame logic. Malori has a crush on the demon queen. She raids the demon queen's tower over and over again in hopes of getting a date with the queen. But at the end, she gets killed every single time. Doesn't stop her from trying again though!

The website is made to make capturing images as much as effort as possible but you get the idea. It's funny and kind of adorable.

I've read the first few chapters and now I'm sitting on it until it's finished, I really liked what I read of it though.

And yeah, Webtoons is hot garbage for making offline copies, or really reading at all. I've got 150 lines of image processing code to do it for me and it still fucks up sometimes!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Also, I'm now on the Aefa ship.

You weren't already? :confused:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

its because everyone who liked it ended up disappointed with the ending. thankfully I wasn't into it but bummer for those who were.

Oh noooooooo :negative:

Feliday Melody posted:

Noralities suggested the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou anime recently, so that's been on my to-do list. Is there an English manga version?

There's one in the works, IIRC, and in the meantime there's a scanlated version up on Mangadex.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Mikl posted:

Yep. I'm not going to spoil things, but it really feels like the author had set up a nice, slow progression, with the assumption they had like 15-20 chapters available for plot and character development, only to be brutally dispossessed of that idea and have to wrap things up in literally three chapters. Lots of plot points were dropped, and characterisation took an abrupt swerve.

We got an ending, yes. But it was really bad, and it's easy to see what could've been from previous chapters.

welp

Is it worth reading at all, then, or should I just give it a miss? I want more cute sapphic poly stuff, dammit

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Thuryl posted:

Incidentally, if you want a manga about a poly relationship that doesn't kind of chicken out at the end, An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles is pretty good.

Read it already! It was cute and good.

I also enjoyed Luminous=Blue.

Snooze Cruise posted:

it's like 15 chapters so you could probably read it in like a hour

Yeah but like that's also an hour I could spend reading something that won't disappoint me at the end.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Beauty & Beast Girl finished. Have tissues ready.

!!! I read the first few chapters a while ago because I thought it was already finished and then found out it wasn't and put it down to wait for it to be done

But it was one of the top entries on my "read when finished" list, need to read that today I think

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

It's "run around and see which manga I want to read are actually finished" season and Mangadex has The Witch's Servant and the Demon Lord's Horns listed as finished?? :derp:

It looks like the scanlation stalled out last year and is 11 chapters behind though!

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

I'm still checking it every few weeks but I fear it may be gone :(

It looks like there's an official translation now, but (a) it's even further behind than the scanlation and (b) it's mobile-only even if you pay for it and I'd rather spend an hour trying to kick myself in the face than try to read manga on a cellphone.

Just let me pay money for a cbz, goddamn.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Yeah it's loving wretched; the only way you can get that stuff to display on a computer is various third party stuff that makes phone software work on PC.

If you're on linux, you can plug your phone in with usb and use scrcpy to display the phone's screen on your desktop and operate it with the keyboard and mouse, which is a lot easier to get running and marginally less wretched than reading on the actual device. There are presumably similar tools for OSX and Windows.

Of course, what I actually want to do is read it on my tablet, which doesn't run android in the first place -- it's basically just a dumb terminal with a web browser and PDF reader in it -- so that doesn't help me. So at this point I'm resigned to not reading Witch's Servant. :sigh:

At least 2DK is finished, I'm looking forward to that.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finished Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door and 2DK, G-Pen, Alarm Clock.

Voices I didn't actually like that much; the premise of cute poly lesbian antics is catnip to me but the execution just did nothing for me and it felt like it kept introducing new characters rather than giving more depth to the characters it already had. 2DK, on the other hand, was extremely tasty and I enjoyed it a lot!

skaianDestiny posted:

Anyone have a good 🏴‍☠️ place for the official Witch's Servant translations?

If I did, I'd be reading it there :argh:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finished If You Could See Love. Mixed feelings about it. I was really enjoying it, but it felt like it ended really abruptly, and it also felt like it spent most of the series polybaiting Mia-Sayo-Rinna -- especially with the introduction of the poly teachers, so we know Mia knows about the concept! -- and then at the last minute does a hard swerve to a Mia-Sayo dyad. And like, yes, they're cute together, but so are Mia and Rinna, and Rinna and Sayo! Let all the lesbians kiss, Mikami Teren :(

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

That looks cute, thank you!

A large part of why I follow this thread is to find out when things complete.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Also I'm sorry it appears when I get high I can get really emotional about sapphic love

:same: except without the getting high part

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I was incredibly excited to see that there's a new group picking up scanlations for The Witch's Servant and the Demon Lord's Horns, but it's machine-translated and, unfortunately, garbage. :(

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

the app translation looks like it's on the last few chapters afaict but well you have to pay to unlock after the first couple, the chapters are divided into thirds and they don't stay unlocked past like two days or something so it's really not worth it unless you have more money then sense
Wow, they really are doing everything in their power to make it as miserable a reading experience as possible, huh.

There was something I read recently (as in, within the last 2-3 months) where the TL notes at the end mentioned that they were taking commissions, and I remember liking their work and thought maybe I could commission a translation of the last few chapters of Witch's Servant

but now I can't remember what manga it was or who the translator was :negative:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finally started reading Green Tea Bitch and omg I love these two lesbian disasters so much

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Oh that one is so fun! Also, I believe it's finished.

It is, yes! That's why I started reading it.

E: I just finished ch13 and oh my god, these two absolute muppets :psyduck:

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 12, 2023

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

older than a decade, but i finished noir this year and while the middle flounders a bit the finale just hits it out of the park.
It's been ages since I watched Noir but I remember really enjoying it.

Are the spiritual successors, Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja, any good?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

I found Madlax okay but kind of middling. I started over a couple of times watching it because I had a hard time following things - it gets... very weird by the end?
"It gets weird and hard to follow by the end" describes a lot of anime for some reason. For a while I thought it was an artefact of teams adapting ongoing manga running out of source material and frantically trying to come up with a satisfying ending in like four episodes (e.g. Full Metal Alchemist), but it also seems to happen when it's an original work not based on a manga at all (Vision of Escaflowne, Mai-HiME) or when it's a spinoff or inspired-by not directly adapting another work (R.O.D. the TV).

That doesn't mean it can't be fun though. :v:

quote:

I really liked El Cazador de la Bruja and the dynamic between the two protagonists buuuuut it has a pretty rough depiction of a pair of trans women who are minor reoccurring 'joke' antagonists right in the opening arc.
They eventually stop showing up but they get brought back for one last bonus fat joke in the epilogue. Despite how much I ended up liking the series beyond that, it's not really the kind of thing I feel comfortable asking someone else to overlook.
That's not great but I might check it out anyways.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

some people just don't deserve understated gun fights while canta per me plays and it shows :'(

Brb going to listen to the Noir OST again

Canta Per Me is an all-timer

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yuki Kajura has done some amazing work and all her Bee Train soundtracks are amazing

I think overall I like her work on Madoka Magika and Mai-HiME more, but every soundtrack she's worked on has at least a few absolutely incredible pieces.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

mdct posted:

Remember when Witch's Servant got a chapter translated but it turns out it was by some goofus machine-translating it? It got a different group to pick it up, because it's actually translated by human beings now.

It doesn't have nearly as much charm as the previous group who dropped it (and likely won't have as much tact on the gender stuff either,) but it's actually readable.

It looks like the new group is the same as the old one (Generic Scanlations) though?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Oh yes! I have been waiting for this for ages.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I just want to say I appreciate this thread, every time I come here I get lots of new things to check out.

I just finished Mage & Demon Queen and it was a delight.

Ohtori Akio posted:

i dont know what this means minecraft doesnt actually give me serotonin

It's a modpack that adds lots of machines, automated factories, etc. For people like me who are like "what if Minecraft was more like Factorio?"

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

StupidNameNobody posted:

Lately I've been reading the Otherside Picnic novels. This series really impressed me. What could you call this? It's essentially Roadside Picnic and SCP's profoundly gay baby?

Holy poo poo why have I slept on this

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Why have you slept on this, there's also an anime and a manga adaptation although the anime tells some of the stories out of order.

Idk, I guess my brain is wrong? Or maybe no-one mentioned it/described it right in my presence? I don't watch much TV but books and manga are both delicious.

Like, Roadside Picnic is genre-defining, and while SCP itself varies wildly in quality, the core premise is catnip for me and it's inspired some great stuff like Control and There Is No Antimemetics Division. So putting those two things in a blender and adding lesbians is extremely my poo poo.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 20, 2024

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

Otherside Picnic is really good horror that happens to involve lesbians. the relationship between the two leads creates a lot of tension and uncertainty the story leverages both for conflict and the resolution thereof. it matters that these two girls in love learn to trust and rely on each other in a place where you can't trust your own senses.

I'm already sold, you don't need to convince me further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Karasu Tengu posted:

the anime sucks rear end in that unique way that only ln adaptations can really suck, where it truncates and reorganizes stuff so badly that it fucks up major story beats and undercuts cool scenes.

the manga is good though, and the ln translations are very good, highly recommended

Just based on the description this seems like the kind of thing that would work best in prose format anyways, because a lot of horror of this sort relies on stuff that, definitionally, cannot be accurately drawn or visually represented. So I will definitely be checking this out. Someday. As I work through my giant backlog of books. :negative: