Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

Let's not say crazy things. I'm fine with new upgrades but speed booster (ESPECIALLY with how great it is in Dread) should be a mainstay.

The closest thing we've had to that in Metroid is the limited beam ammo in Echoes...which most people hated cause they either didn't read or forgot the tutorial tip that says how to properly keep said ammo stocked up.
No, I understood that just fine. I just don't want to manage ammo in a series that has never made me do it in that way and didn't do it particularly well.

If you're gonna' get Doom in my Metroid, you'd best do it as well as Doom or you just look like an rear end in a top hat.

There's a progression arc in Metroid that's extremely tough to pull off even without adding new mechanics. This can be pretty well epitomized by Samus Returns:

Ideally, Metroid should make you feel like a tiny god for a while after you get an upgrade. Then, just before you've noticed that getting boring, it should ramp up the difficulty some, then a bit more, then more still, until, for the briefest of moments, you feel unmatched. And just as you do, you should find an upgrade that turns you back into a tiny god.

Samus Returns botched this so completely that I was terrified Dread would make the same mistake. Instead of having a period where you feel like a badass, the game would make you feel underpowered for ages, then give you an upgrade that made the area you'd just beaten child's play, except... you just beat it. That doesn't help you anymore. So you only feel awesome when backtracking and spend the entire rest of the game, absent twitch reflexes or the benefit of a playthrough or two of practice, feeling quite a bit less than badass.

It's such an incredibly difficult line to walk that I'm frankly impossibly impressed that Nintendo and Konami ever got it right enough to create a popular genre.

In the case of Prime 2, they had to balance that in addition to several new gameplay mechanics, and I'm not surprised they couldn't manage to the point that they did with Prime 1, but following up one of the greatest games of all time is always going to be a tall order.

My biggest beef with Sakamoto is that he feels Samus is at her most interesting when she's helpless and afraid and frankly, when you combine this with the whole of Other M's story, while the guy may not personally have issues with women, his games definitely do, and since Samus is the only woman in videogames that's been with me since childhood and I had to grow up playing other genders almost exclusively, it can occasionally be a pretty thunderous bummer when I feel Samus isn't handled correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Febreeze posted:

I hated the Final suit in Dread though, makes her look like a dumb crustacean. Crab suit.
Me too.

Here's a completely unrelated video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9R1rYrHbU

Black August posted:

Dread made it clear that Sakamoto is no longer in the driver's seat after Other M's complete, utter, and abject failure, so I feel secure in the future of the franchise for now
I wish I could agree, but this game, much like most of the last games, has been all about Samus being afraid. It's literally in the name of the game. Prime 2, Fusion, Zero Mission, Other M, Samus Returns, and Dread have all, in part or in whole, been about Samus running away from things and feeling weak and afraid, and frankly, that's not why I'm here.

People keep going on about how badass she is in this game, but in every example I've seen thus far, people are talking about the Doomslayer affectations from cutscenes.

If she's at her most badass when somebody else is controlling her, that's not me being a badass, and that's bad game design.

gently caress you.

The reveal of who is actually talking makes this make sense in context, but this is fiction. That context was thought up by the director. And I think he sometimes really sucks.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Black August posted:

I think you might be taking it too personally

Samus was poo poo-talked the entire game and she nosold all of it
That's just it. She did. I didn't, and that's what I didn't like.

There's no sense in us arguing about it. If you like Samus being helpless, that's your Metroid experience and I wouldn't dream of telling you that you're wrong just like I wouldn't tell somebody their enjoyment of linear, gated-off Zelda isn't wrong just because I preferred Zelda 1/LBW/BOTW's more "here's a world" approach. It's just not what I want from a Metroid game.

I absolutely adored the ending of Zero Mission because it lasted exactly as long as it should have, came with more catharsis after the fact than any Metroid game since that's tried it, and it was something we hadn't really experienced from Samus before.

"What if Samus was completely outmatched in every way" is a really interesting question to ask, and it asked and answered it extremely well, so why are we continuously doing this as if that didn't happen? Why cheapen a brilliant piece of art you made by doing the same new, novel departures it did over and over unless you think that's what's inherently the most interesting thing? And if that is what's interesting, why do you think so, and why poo poo on all the little girls who grew up with, or could grow up with, a protagonist who has their poo poo together outside of cutscenes?

Find a new experiment. Don't keep performing the one that succeeded and became science unless you can turn it into better science.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Black August posted:

okay so this is 'taking it too personally' and I am advising you to have FUN with the good game that is not actively hating on women, and just chill out
I did have fun. This narrative trick where you tell people that the person you disagree with is super angry and unreasonable is kind of a dick move, yo.

I'm allowed to have opinions that aren't yours.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'all, I'm not telling you how you should feel about the game when I tell you how I felt about the game.

I know it's the internet, but c'mon, now.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Veotax posted:

Has dual analogue aiming as well.
Does it only have dual analog aiming? I'd quite like to play it how it was. I couldn't even get into the Wii version for that reason.

The three things I was hoping for most for this are the original controls, removing the requirement to re-fight the Chozo ghosts literally every time you walk through one of those rooms, and actually updating the models and textures, so we're one of of three already.

DoctorWhat posted:

kim wexler
Fuuuuuck. Now you've split my fan-casting vote from any trans woman built like a brick shithouse to 50/50 that or Rhea Seehorn.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Snake Maze posted:

Your options are dual analogue, original controls, hybrid (original controls but with gyro when free aiming) and pointer controls.
Holy poo poo! Sold!

Thank you!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Are there any quality of life improvements aside from the controls?

Like, are any things people found annoying fixed like Wind Waker HD?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jables88 posted:

Without any knowledge of this remaster - no, there are no QOL issues with Metroid Prime that needed fixing.
This is an incredibly rude and unhelpful response.

I find it very difficult to believe that you don't understand that other people are not you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If they do re-release Prime 2, I think I might give it a second chance and finally beat it this time.

I really didn't think much of it last time. I hated beam weapon ammo, I wasn't into every environment being ugly on purpose (not as an artistic choice, mind; just as a personal preference) when Prime 1's environments were so beautiful, we'd already just done an evil Samus clone in Fusion, and the Light/Dark world gimmick was lifted straight from A Link to the Past.

But everybody here seems to really enjoy Prime 2, so there's gotta' be an appeal I missed last time. It does tend to happen. I can bounce off things only to later discover I could like them for what they are instead of disliking them for what they aren't.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean fusion Samus really wasn’t Evil Samus. It was more like Samus versus her suit
Fighting a version of yourself is a theme they'd already explored, is more the point. The plot contrivances that bring that about aren't really important. Dark Samus didn't say anything the SA-X hadn't already said.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

One of the things I liked about Dread's bosses is that the intro or phase cutscenes show off the weak point of the boss in surprisingly subtle ways, or at least as subtle as you can be when you are trying to signal to the player "Shoot this, stupid"
My issue was never that I didn't know how to beat them. It's that even after knowing, I'd need to lose anywhere from 1 to 10 times (depending on the boss) before I could memorize their patterns to avoid enough damage to make it happen.

That disconnects me from Samus in a big bad way, which was already happening with the EMMIs. She didn't die fifteen times before she could laser the fucker in the face, so when I have to do it, I'm having a fundamentally different experience than the main character.

In, say, Super Metroid, if I die on a boss, it's because I hosed up. And since I don't have to repeat the process over and over and over and over and over again, those parts of the game don't "count" to the narrative I'm experiencing. They're blips, easily forgotten.

But when you design encounters and bosses around the idea that the player should lose until they've lost enough times to get the pattern down, that's something else entirely.

Apologies, because this is a very clumsy way of describing a very complex ludonarrative mechanism and if one were to read it uncharitably, you'd think I just don't like losing.

But the best example I can think of here is from two games that have very little story at all: Megaman 1 and Megaman 2:

In Megaman 1, when you lose, it's often because the game is punishing you for having not played it a bunch. There are pits you'll jump where the obstacle that'll smack into you mid-jump, sending you into the pit to die, can't be seen. You have to have lost there once. So the next life, you get past it only for it to happen at the next horseshit.

In Megaman 2, Capcom largely fixed this. When you die in Megaman 2, it always feels like it's your fault and not some game developer's. You are given all the training you need.

So when you marry this phenomenon to a narrative that in no way supports it, it can separate a lot of players from the main character. Much like showing me a cutscene of Samus being a badass or getting her rear end handed to her instead of allowing me to experience those things myself. But that could be its own whole effortpost.

I don't mind a game where you lose a lot one tiny bit. There's nothing wrong with Super Meat Boy. I just don't want Metroid to be that kind of game from now on, and don't enjoy Dark Souls-style boss encounters. So thankfully, the new Metroid devs improved upon this quite a bit in Dread and if they continue tweaking, I think they'll get to the sweet spot.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

LividLiquid posted:

In Megaman 2, Capcom largely fixed this.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Prime Remastered is so good, just played like two hours tonight. This is the platonic ideal of a rerelease, it looks incredible, all new assets/textures/lighting that still feel exactly like the original instead of changing the art style. Plays so smooth, 60fps no slowdown. Controls are great with a bunch of different options depending if you want to play it like it was on release or with a few different modern methods. I'm so happy.
gently caress. Yes. Good to hear. I'm gonna' wait until Fall, 'cause that's when the original came out and I have a weird brain, but this is extremely good to hear.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I seriously hate how you can't post about something being difficult without people lining up to tell you big their dick is.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I don't think you can really post something like
You deleted the part of the post where I said that it's a very imprecise and clumsy description of a very complex mechanism and included only the metaphors I used that I hoped would shake loose in the readers' minds the phenomenon I'm talking about, should they have ever experienced it.

But also, I'm talking about difficulty, which is subjective, and also speaking only of my own enjoyment of a thing and not WHAT THE GAME SHOULD BE FOR ALL OF US OBJECTIVELY ARGLE BARGLE or whatever.,which is also subjective. So can people step off my nuts, please? 'Cause I'm sure the medical waste facility they're currently sitting in doesn't appreciate intruders.

We're not arguing toward consensus here. We're not collectively deciding what to do about the bear attacking the village. I gave my opinion on why I didn't enjoy Samus Returns and thought Metroid Dread was a great improvement that nonetheless still missed the mark on this one specific thing.

Sakamoto is super into the idea of Samus being helpless and afraid, as his last four Metroid games have shown, and I'm just way not, and when you marry that to an irritating gameplay issue that would be just fine in any other franchise, I have opinions, y'know?

Party Boat posted:

You should play Dark Souls op, dying over and over is explicitly part of the game's story
Young me would've loved it, ' cause she had nothing but time and patience for that sort of thing, and always yearned for this exact kind of challenge. Though it's cool that they work that into the narrative. I hadn't heard that. That'd change things considerably for me, weirdly enough. If there was a whole Metroid game that had dying repeatedly and coming back to life as a gimmick, exactly one half of this issue would be immediately solved for me.
I think you've understood what I meant despite the fact that I've yet to find the proper, actual words to say it.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

The cutscenes of Samus being cool as gently caress were absolutely necessary after Other M.
drat, that's a really good point.

Though I still wish they'd have let me experience those moments myself.

stev posted:

I thought a lot of Dread's bosses had a really fun level of difficulty.
I did too! It wasn't every boss I had this problem with. Most of them I only repeated a couple of times, which as I mentioned in the OP, doesn't really create ludonarrative dissonance for me, nor does it feel like I was meant to lose several times to pad out game length.

the holy poopacy posted:

Yup, there was a discussion about Metroid development in the ROM hacking thread the other day and if you go reading interviews about the old Metroid team, part of the reason there was such a drought of Metroid games was that absolutely nobody was confident they could follow Super Metroid's act (including Sakamoto.)
That doesn't surprise me one tiny bit, but what super did was that of the two Metroid games released on the same day after the first huge drought, it was the FPS (it wasn't actually, but it was sold that way) that actually went and did it. I super figured I'd be way into Fusion and would reluctantly play Prime exactly once just to see it, and what a loving wonderful surprise half of that turned out to be.

Oxyclean posted:

Samus Returns or whatever Mercury Steam's remake of Metroid 2 was called had some tougher bosses from what I remember - you can kind of see some of the DNA of Dread in there.
I'm starting to think the context of my posts was lost in my poo poo words, 'cause I was talking about Samus Returns this whole time and thought Dread was a huge improvement. But I used a bunch of examples of Dread because I barely remember Samus Returns beyond everything I hated.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MokBa posted:

Well I've seen you post about videogames for like 14 years now and have some idea what sort of problems you have. I remember in the Zelda thread when I first started it all about your issues with MM. I don't necessarily share your specific anxieties but I do understand them.
In case you're wondering if I've forgotten how awesome you and your Zelda thread were in walking me through my first big attempt at Majora's Mask, or if I appreciated it, I haven't, and I super did, respectively.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Do you still have to re-fight the Chozo ghosts even if you'd only just left the room and come back?

Because that poo poo has been preventing what would've been yearly playthroughs for decades now.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

All these versions later and they can't make them only respawn if you leave the whole area. Why? WHYYYYY?!

I don't know if I hate the music because of the encounters, or if I hate the encounters because of the music, but after only 4 lifetime playthroughs total, I never want to fight those assholes ever again.

This was true after my first playthrough.

That room with the giant Chozo statue that hurls you like a bowling ball is a really cool setpiece that can get absolutely get hosed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'know, I've been worn down by it for over twenty years and had forgotten how absolutely terrible having Space Pirate be the name for their loving race is.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Paper Mario TTYD had a good system where if you didn't scan the enemy for notes and it was a limited/missable encounter, the notes would be in a trash bin back at your house.
Breath of the Wild let you buy entries for items and enemies you'd missed. I wish more games did that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

icantfindaname posted:

Not to mention mechanics like the charge beam combos and crystal flash not being documented anywhere

ExcessBLarg! posted:

They were documented in Nintendo Power.
Shine sparking, infinite bomb jump, alternate charge beams, and the crystal flash are all shown in the game itself if you let it run through its attract mode.

As for Fusion, I'll be the dissenting viewpoint and say that it was my very least favorite Metroid game until Other M happened, so here's my two cents:

Keep in mind, day of release, I didn't give a single poo poo about Metroid Prime and was all the way hyped for Metroid 4.

But then right out of the gate, it was the first Metroid game without outstanding music, which would be a drag, but it's not just that it's not great. It's bad. It's irritating. Tinny. It's not atmospheric in the slightest.

It was the first Metroid game to railroad you so completely on both a story and gameplay level that you never once feel in control of your own destiny. Metroid up until that point (and at that point, since Prime was released on the same day) was about dropping you off somewhere lonely, scary, and downright beautiful and letting you go on a meandering exploratory journey of adventure where you set the rules. Suddenly, it was about being given permission to do things and a terribly-written computer giving you orders and preventing you from going where you want. It was the first Metroid game to make both Samus and the player subservient. This would be fine if it was trying to do something that could only work under those constraints, or if it found ways to tie that itself to the theme, but it wasn't. It was just lazy.

It's the first Metroid to take place in an environment that in no way felt like a world. It was a series of video game levels with a hub world. That's not Metroid. I would step over my own mother to see Zebes or Tallon IV. You couldn't pay me to visit the BSL station. 'Course, they're all blown the gently caress up now anyway. :-P

I'd list its good parts, but every single good thing about Metroid Fusion was built upon and done better in Zero Mission. It's a game for completionists more than a destination unto itself. It's the Metroid game you play when you're out of better Metroids and want to keep going.

Which places it above the game to be avoided at all costs, but that's just damning with faint praise.

Seriously, though. Play Zero Mission. It's incredible. I mean, hell. Play both, 'cause I'm weird and you'll like almost certainly like Fusion. But it's like they listened in to all of my thoughts and fixed literally everything I didn't like.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

Super Metroid isn't good because it can be sequence broken. It can be sequence broken because of the ways in which it is good. It has extremely nuanced controls and physics that are expressive and exploitable. The world design is multi-faceted and organic, lacking in constructed barriers beyond some colored doors. In order to prevent players getting overly frustrated with being lost or not making progress, the game definitely opens itself up and offers multiple similar paths towards different kinds of progress.
This is dead on and extremely well-put to boot.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Einander posted:

I think of the more on-rails nature of Fusion as just one more way the story is emphasizing that Samus is weakened and recovering. It's all over the game, from the Fusion Suit missing a lot of the Power Suit's armored appearance, or the different way she holds her arm cannon, or the SA-X continually forcing you to run and hide. Fusion makes you feel limited and constrained, and then it gradually gives you that power back, be it Samus getting back parts of her suit or going further and further off the beaten path or no longer being quite so helpless against the SA-X up until the end when she can finally defeat it.
I could accept this if Sakamoto didn't keep doing it after Fusion. Other M and Dread work the same way, though in the latter's case, in such a way that it could be largely shrugged off after your initial playthrough.

Einander posted:

Like, gameplay-wise I can understand not liking it as much, but until Dread Fusion had the best narrative work of the series by a lot, and would even if you cut out all the talking sequences.
I would argue that the talking sequences are a large part of what made the conceit bad.

Amppelix posted:

They... they did though? The entirety of metroid fusion's plot and atmosphere works beautifully precisely because you're always constrained on where to go to, hunted by the SA-X and at odds with your CO. Coming away with the take of "they didn't do anything with it, the devs were just too lazy to design a world where they didn't have to tell you where to go" is completely insane to me
Please don't call me insane, but I do see your point. See above, though. If it was the lone example of this, I'd likely just chalk it up to "that's what that game's story demanded and that's not for me and that's okay," but that ain't what happened. It became the default after that. Which, again, isn't Fusion's fault, really, so again, point taken.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I agree with you. Zero Mission is cool until the final bit where you have to run back through the entire world to pick up a bunch of power ups gated behind the screw attack and power bombs just for the sake of collection. It feels very forced and inorganic and is my least favorite thing about the game.
I think the greater sin would be "well, you have all the major upgrades now, but no reason to go back and re-explore the environment." Particularly when you don't need to do that to beat the game without breaking much of a sweat. But to your point, it's not like it's better for having done it the way that it did.

Poopy Palpy posted:

You don't have to get that nuts if you're a dummy who saved at the bottom of the wall jump shaft and can't figure out how to get out.
Or if you were like young, dipshit me who made it through the lava in Norfair without the varia suit, then saved afterwards and had no way to get enough life to get back out.

I Am Just a Box posted:

Some of these are fair, but there's no way you could just watch the attract mode perform the crystal flash and intuit how it's done. There isn't a popup on the screen to tell you to hold L+R+Y+↓ after the power bomb.
Balls. I forgot about that requirement. Yeah, that's inexcusable. So basically, it was "hey, kids! There's a way to do a thing! Buy our magazine and we'll tell you the steps!" Though the Nintendo Powerline wasn't a 900 number, so if you either had a long-distance calling plan (remember those?) or lived in Seattle like I did, you got to call the helpline for free.

If I recall correctly, the main menu for Super Metroid even had "are you trying to perform the Crystal Flash technique" as like, option 9.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Like the original Zelda kinda expects you to bomb every tile in the overworld to find all its secrets.
Zelda 1 was a multiplayer game from the jump. Miyamoto's said so a few times over the years. You weren't meant to bomb everything or burn every bush on every screen. You were meant to find one thing, then tell your friends about it at recess the next day, and they'd do the same, and between the lot of you, you could find everything. That's how it worked for me 'n my buddies and it was so wonderful an experience that I arbitrarily decided, when playing Breath of the Wild, to recreate that feeling. Me 'n a few friends didn't look up guides for anything but the most annoying shrine puzzles and we shared information. I got to tell one of them about the lone cherry blossom tree and he told me to go back on a night when the mountain glows. It was the tits. Metroids 1, 2, and Super worked much the same way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Once you get it down, they become pretty fun to fight. Particularly after you get the plasma beam.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Water levels suck. Ice levels suck. But Metroid Prime 1 followed the lead of Secret of Mana's Ice Country and Mario 64's Jolly Roger Bay and gave them two of the best loving tracks in gaming history and now those areas are what I look forward to most on replays.

I'm really excited to play the remake this fall.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Viper915 posted:

Is that when your pre-order is finally scheduled to deliver?
It's when the original came out, so every Autumn I get the itch to replay it and want to save the remake to take maximize that dopamine hit.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gods, I envy you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're near the end of the game and in all my playthroughs I barely used any of the beam alternates. They're not really "for" anything, save making a few enemies far easier.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Your hand is going to hurt rather a lot if you don't take a lot of breaks and nothing of consequence to the rest of the series happens in it.

It's only called "Prime" because it's first-person.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

mGBA works well for me, though I've done no research to see if there's anything better.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Augus posted:

I will never forgive samus returns

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

the holy poopacy posted:

Haha, no. I understand why you might think so but you're going to just have to trust me on this one.
I'd accept if somebody thought they shared the bottom spot game-wise even if I didn't agree, but on a story level Other M is the greatest character assassination of a beloved video game franchise-header and icon that I can think of.

And that she was the first woman in that category makes it absolutely un-loving-forgivable. I get that he had a lot to do with Dread, which was great, but I would dance a jig for two straight days if Sakamoto got shitcanned from heading up Metroid.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Even though this is a pretty middling Metroid game, I like the idea of different hunters roaming around doing their thing, I think that adds a lot to the “world” and I’d love to see more of that in other Metroid games.
I liked that too, but if they bring that back, I want more of them to be people and not just weird outfits that look like bugs that may or may not contain actual bugs.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It’s not an exaggeration to say that the DS’s online multiplayer was huge at the time. Hunters multiplayer and Mario Kart DS were massive, same with Animal Crossing Wild World and obviously Pokémon too. Nintendo’s first online system, largest selling family of handheld game console of all time. Good combo.
Holy poo poo did the DS actually sell more than the Gameboy?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Holy poo poo. I knew they printed money, but I never dreamed they'd beat out the GB, Pocket, Light, Color, and GBA combined.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Normies bought the DS. That's why there was so much stuff like Brain Age, Crosswords DS, Nintendogs on there.
What blows me away about this the most is that that is also what happened with the Gameboy. Much like the Wii and Wii Sports, though, a poo poo-ton of people thought that thing was basically just for Tetris.

Augus posted:

the hunters being weird aliens was cool
So let me see them, then! I have a very hard time giving a poo poo about a suit with nobody in it.

DoctorWhat posted:

The Game Boy Family doesn't include the Advance (GBA had 81 million lifetime sales by itself). So Game Boy + Advance I think beats DS. But not by as much as you'd think.
Okay, this makes a lot more sense.

If we're gonna' consider the 3DS a DS, but not the GBA a Gameboy, then the numbers are meaningless.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

chiasaur11 posted:

The 3DS is listed separately from the DS.
gently caress me, this news has just been a rollercoaster!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MokBa posted:

The zero suit is okay but it's usually just an excuse for Samus to be in a skin tight outfit with like size G breasts. Give me a loving buff Samus that looks like she could rip a Space Pirate's head off even without her suit.
Brick shithouse Samus best Samus.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yes, please. Talon IV felt like a place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

My Figma Samus figure just got delivered but I won’t actually get her until I’m home from work, woop woop. :woop:
It's been really fun watching you become a fan. Or a bigger fan. Not sure which. But either way, super fun.