Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
One of the amazing things about the 28-3 comeback that made it so surreal was how the Patriots seemingly kept failing at the comeback until their last 2 scoring drives.

After 28-3 they missed the extra point on their first touchdown, failed an onside kick attempt, then when they got the ball back settled for a field goal because Brady got insta-sacked.

28-12 is better than 28-3 but they burned a ton of time to get there and kept looking like poo poo until they did the back-to-back touchdown + 2 point conversions right at the end to tie it. It's only in retrospect that it looks like a continuous comeback from 28-3 to 28-28, at the time the patriots seemed like were mostly floundering. They finished the 4th quarter further behind than they were at halftime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

I'm counting out Tom Brady right now

He's too old to finish another season

Is this some reverse jinx to make him get another ring or

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

You could probably get a trainer to offer him some mystery performance enhancing juice and he would allow it without any questions.

It’s one of the things I’ve noticed about anti-covid vax people. It’s literally the only thing they feel this way about.

A bunch of these dumb fucks are taking gray market veterinary dewormer for COVID now to "own the libs" lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

I hope it ends at halftime and they spend an entire part 7 on just the second half.

The "2016 playoffs" games were all in 2017, so watch them cover everything through those Seahawks and Falcons games and just go "and then everything was TOTALLY FINE SEE YOU NEXT WEEK" :byewhore: and make the entire last episode about 28-3 because nothing else about the Falcons after that actually matters.

Technically Falcons seasons exist after that, but... do they, really?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what the venn diagram looks like of people who refuse to get the vax and people who drive around in the back seat of their Tesla.

Ultimate tech bro idol jackoff Steve Jobs tried to treat pancreatic cancer with Jamba Juice, so I'm gonna guess the answer is at least "some"?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Chap. 1 - surrounding yourself with great people that make you look good

Chap. 2 - checkdowns

Chap. 3 - cheating

Chap. 4 - batting your eyes at your opponents so they repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot

Sounds like everyone else is dumb for not doing those things if it's such a simple formula?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, David Patten was the last player to catch, run for and throw a TD in the same game since Sweetness.

Looks like he died in a motorcycle accident, drat.

Fuuuuuck :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Oh god, I forgot all about that one.

That's nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAL5X3TRA2A

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Stops right before SB51 lol, called it.

sean10mm posted:

The "2016 playoffs" games were all in 2017, so watch them cover everything through those Seahawks and Falcons games* and just go "and then everything was TOTALLY FINE SEE YOU NEXT WEEK" :byewhore: and make the entire last episode about 28-3 because nothing else about the Falcons after that actually matters.

Technically Falcons seasons exist after that, but... do they, really?

*Should have said Falcons vs Packers tho

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 4, 2021

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s hilarious how it ends with this distinct foreboding of some great evil just over the horizon. I believe that Jon Bois is setting up for framing the greatest accomplishment in the history of humanity as a BAD thing.

Big if true.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Random question, what Super Bowl had the most bad blood between the two teams? Usually there isn't any because it's AFC vs NFC and there aren't a lot of cross-conference blood feuds.

Super Bowl 49 ended in a brawl, so there's that I guess, but I feel like I'm forgetting something obvious.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Vick wouldn't have gone into the hall even without the dogfighting thing because he was never actually that good as an NFL quarterback. He was overrated before he was controversial because of SportsCenter highlights and 99 SPEED IN MADDEN or whatever, and now is overrated from nostalgia for the vague memory of those things.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Vick definitely didn't have any coaches with any idea what to do with a small QB with warp speed running and a big arm but was very meh in the pocket.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well, that's what I was getting at with my first post. Vick's career wasn't a Hall of Fame career but he still had an enormous, outsized impact on the NFL. Are there any other non-HoF players like that?

Feels like a cop out but... Randall Cunningham was kinda Vick before Vick?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when the Falcons traded a first for peerless price

Calling your kid "Peerless" really feels like tempting fate.

Also trading a 1st for a guy who had 1 great season out of nowhere in Buffalo I guess!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nodoze posted:

Yes. By and large most people knew before then, but anyone who wasn't convinced before that had no choice anymore

Yeah, by the time the Pats won the coin flip the gameday thread was already 100% LOL FALCONS DEAD

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Now check the Bristol Stool Chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ehud posted:

yeah

tell me we're gonna win 12 games and win a wildcard game and I'll believe you

tell me we're gonna win 7 games and "the miami dolphins have traded for deshaun watson" is a headline in January and I will also believe you

I feel the same way about the Pats.

If Jones is OK they can be pretty good, if he's a hilarious bust and/or he gets hurt and they're counting on *checks notes* Jarrett Stidham? Then there is no floor lol