Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Had a pretty good Friday, didn't do too much, but helped my family with some tech support problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Today I got my cat to come closer by making clicking noises. She hadn't shown any aptitude before.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Weather.com thinks we are due for 1-3 inches of snow on Sunday, Accuweather thinks we are due for 6-10 inches. Who is right :iiam:? Either way it will be nice to have a snow day. There is a very good chance that it is our cats' first time seeing snow, so that might be interesting.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Garfield Minus Garfield is still good for a laugh. As is Garfield Generator.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

redshirt posted:

How much cheaper to do it yourself?Also, what is your own time worth?

Sorry late to the conversation. If all you need is a basic computer, just buy a prebuilt rig. If you want to upgrade things so that you have a more future proof system, it is cheaper to build. For example, when I built my computer last year a 1 TB SSD drive was like $100, while the 256 gB one was like $50. Dell was charging something crazy like $250 for that upgrade.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Isn't that the fluffiest kitty you could ever hope to see?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

why do we still get our weather from a freaking rodent

Our state rodent is blind. Early springs every year for us.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Anyone served on a Federal Grand Jury before?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

what doth lunch

Arroz Chaufa!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Our Cat Trap is full....

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Edgar posted:

What is consider Dutch I have no idea.

1. d4 f5

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I got selected to be a Federal Grand Juror! The pros are that is like 9:30 - 4:00 or so. I don't have to make any super critical decisions. I get paid $50 a day plus mileage. It is only 3 times a month. The cons are that it is an 18 month commitment, the state court expects me to still serve, they can extend me out 6 months, and I need to get the time off work.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

that doesn't sound good at all unless your employer will also pay you for those days or you're super hard up for the $50

My boss takes care of me for the most part. I don't want to serve on two juries at once, that seems excessive.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Next week I get to begin my Grand Jury duty. Sorry, that's all I have going on in my life.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Happy Friday!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Apparently today is Good Friday, I saw a random person carrying a cross around. It looked fairly heavy and wooden.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Ok I think this place might be the new Go-To™️

Cuppy pep, nice herby sauce, BIG slices

Also check out their Balls Menu

Where is this place? It looks good.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Craft Pizza in Vernon. Minor doxxing of myself I guess but if someone can pinpoint me from a town of 30K have at it.

Ah cool, that is within striking distance of me. Willington Pizza house is very good as well.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Tricky Ed posted:

It's approaching 2 pm and I'm in Las Vegas and I can't find the motivation to leave my hotel room and eat some overpriced food.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/QULGKug5WnvBZq72A

You can always Live Más.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I got back far too late from work, but I am home now. Going to start my Friday.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

our newest cat is a female, she's probably about a year old, she's loving hell on wheels and has unlimited energy and has absolutely zero qualms with biting and scratching if she's had enough of your poo poo. cutting nails is a fun adventure, i got bit brushing her last weekend. she's fuckin adorable tho and i love her. the other female cat is our smartest and most "problematic" cat in that she's figured out all sorts of poo poo like how to get into cabinets, how to climb to all sorts of spots, etc. She also tries to escape outside to eat the chipmunks. I love her more than anything in the world

my two cats are brother and sister and they are fuckin adorable. they cuddle and groom each other and protect each other and stuff. im so happy i got littermates because they generally do an excellent job of caring for each other as long as i do litter and feed em

We have 2 little gremlins as well. Well one of them is a gremlin and one of them is a perfect angel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

they're both perfect angels just look @ them

Guess which one is the gremlin (Cocoa is not a bad cat, she is just a cat and does cat things.)

- "I know I shouldn't, but I must.

- This one looks like :byodame: to me.

Edit: I feel like garbage and I should probably log off. I have a pristine rap sheet. Can I have a 6er with the following picture?

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 10, 2024